Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polytunnels..

Options
  • 09-04-2014 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭

Hi folks..
    Any companies out there supplying AND fitting poly tunnels.. I've spoken to a few who will deliver or send by courier, but no fitting service..
    My health isn't what it was and it would be handy to have it done..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Manning http://www.gardenpolytunnels.ie/ say they will erect for 200 if you buy one of theirs.
    I think they look good and will probably get one this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Manning http://www.gardenpolytunnels.ie/ say they will erect for 200 if you buy one of theirs.
    I think they look good and will probably get one this year.

Bought one of their sheep tunnels this year, putting it up myself. But, John is sound to deal with, phone picked up every time I've rang him. Cran got one from them as well, think they put his up for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Thanks.ill give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

what area are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ms horatio

We got ours here polytunnelsireland@gmail.com.
    Got good deal and they put it up too.
    No problems with it so far,never looked back.
    Great lads too,arrived,unloaded and built the tunnel in half a day,left the garden tidy too.
    Good luck, ms h

• Advertisement

ms horatio wrote: »
    We got ours here polytunnelsireland@gmail.com.
    Got good deal and they put it up too.
    No problems with it so far,never looked back.
    Great lads too,arrived,unloaded and built the tunnel in half a day,left the garden tidy too.
    Good luck, ms h

Thanks..
    Looks like a good enough deal..
    specialoffer.jpg

dardevle wrote: »
    what area are you in?

Cavan..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

cwp.ie (Colm Warren Polytunnels) in Trim would be reasonably close to you, and I've seen tunnels they've erected and would still recommend them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a polytunnel supplier/installer close to County Kerry?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭mr chips

If you are half-capable at DIY, this supplier was mentioned on here before and seems to be incredibly good value.

http://www.myirishmarket.ie/polytunnels/master-hd-galvanised-polytunnel-6m-x-3m-x-2ml

They have smaller sizes too but a 6m polytunnel kit for €220 looks pretty good to me. I'll be ordering one myself pretty soon. They indicate free delivery to anywhere in Ireland or GB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭whelzer

Guys, how long approx would the above polytunnel last - the green lattice type cover. 2 years or 10? I mentioned to the other half I was considering getting one and the "white" plastic look put her off - I might be able to sell the green cover better "blend into the garden" type of thing.

I got a very small (and very cheap) greenhouse which has similar looking cover and it rotted over a single winter. I'm in Dublin with garden facing due south and is reasonably sheltered.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelzer wrote: »
    Guys, how long approx would the above polytunnel last - the green lattice type cover. 2 years or 10? I mentioned to the other half I was considering getting one and the "white" plastic look put her off - I might be able to sell the green cover better "blend into the garden" type of thing.

I got a very small (and very cheap) greenhouse which has similar looking cover and it rotted over a single winter. I'm in Dublin with garden facing due south and is reasonably sheltered.

Thanks

The cover is 160gsm where typical tunnels are 600-800gsm per sq meter.. I've been looking at them but my fear is there is no last in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

_Brian wrote: »
    The cover is 160gsm where typical tunnels are 600-800gsm per sq meter.. I've been looking at them but my fear is there is no last in them.
    That material is the same as what is used in the "mini greenhouse"-type products sold by Lidl/Aldi. I've had one of those up continuously for two seasons and it seems to be lasting well, even the zips and window nets. The main source of damage has been the strimmer:)
    You could possibly live with this material until it rots after a few years, and then re-cover with the proper stuff from the likes of Colm Warren Polyhouses.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mfwic_47

Whatever you do, do not use Polytunnelsdirect.ie . The customer service is non-existent.

I bought a 14' X 20' and needed extra parts; I just received extra guff. Amazing how you offer to put money on a business' plate and they act as if they don't want it.

In any event, ask for Mick Wilson, the construction mgr at firsttunnels.co.uk/polytunnels , as this company makes their own kits, knows what they're talking about and are extremely helpful.

My problem being in the West is primarily wind and more wind, and Mick took time to call me and suggest that I use a twin support bridge to strengthen the whole structure.

Apparently polytunnels are replacingraditional greenhouses in western Scotland, hebrides and Cornwall. The film supplies much more light and a gas heater on cold days is the way to go.

Advertisement