Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coins to real money

Options
  • 09-04-2014 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Is there anywhere that takes coins to cash any more with charging in the east cork area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Id say those Tesco's machine's are about the only ones left, they do charge though

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭confusedeire

Milly33 wrote: »
    Id say those Tesco's machine's are about the only ones left, they do charge though

Ya 9.9% feckers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Bookies.

That dark matter quantum space between the seatbelt and the carseat in de car returned 155squids when the French sounding horse won the G'National for me at 20/1 for a bag of small change.

Tried the bank once years ago, but they charge you money for giving them money, that's right they. charge. you. money, when. you. give. them. money
    ~?~

I know tis a joke with the banks that they wont take it or like that charge you for it.. Must keep the bookies in mind now for the next change bundle..Those machines are sneaky alright but at least you get a small bit back for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

I'd go Stenson, Henrik for the Masters (stick push the ball on the grass in amerika) @26/1 (current) 'tis on this week, go EW(6places).

Not a guarantee of ROI...

• Advertisement

Joe Doe wrote: »
    Bookies.

That dark matter quantum space between the seatbelt and the carseat in de car returned 155squids when the French sounding horse won the G'National for me at 20/1 for a bag of small change.

Tried the bank once years ago, but they charge you money for giving them money, that's right they. charge. you. money, when. you. give. them. money
    ~?~

The charge is only 2% but I hate giving them more money than a have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

Use the coins in the self service tills in tesco when paying for something? When they isn't a queue behind you that is!

would they take them, I thought they would spit them back out

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Credit unions change coins for real money,no fee`s

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Milly33 wrote: »
    would they take them, I thought they would spit them back out

They will take them, provided the coin box in the machine isn't full or nearly full. The train ticket machines start firing coins back at you at about 30 coins, and the train ones don't take 1c and 2c coins.

• Advertisement

I went into ptsb midleton. The lad behind the counter deposited it into my account with no fee.. Because it was bagged and counted.

TIP* Weighing scales is you friend when bagging the money.

sorted, ah I thought it was for odd bits you were looking to get rid off..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

suds1984 wrote: »
    Use the coins in the self service tills in tesco when paying for something? When they isn't a queue behind you that is!

Be quick though. They've copped on to this and are replacing the thingy you throw the coins into with a slot that only takes one coin at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

My local aib changes coins? They just ask that it is in full bags, which isn't a problem for me as I just store them in a jar until I have enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,276 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

zetalambda wrote: »
    Be quick though. They've copped on to this and are replacing the thingy you throw the coins into with a slot that only takes one coin at a time.

Way to go lads, making it even less palatable to put small sh!tty coins back into circulation. I honestly could not be arsd bagging them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Way to go lads, making it even less palatable to put small sh!tty coins back into circulation. I honestly could not be arsd bagging them.

That's the problem nowadays, people can't be bothered. I love bagging coins and taking them in, nothing like coming out with a couple of hundred in easy notes!

The other places to get rid of coins is your local shop/post office they are often keen to take coins.

Advertisement