Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot money at ATM

Options
  • 09-04-2014 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

I was in a rush the other day at the ATM and entered my pin and all that but never took the dispensed money. I'm with AIB. It was a Bank of Ireland ATM in a Centra.

I know this is such a stupid thing to happen but I know it's common.

My question. Have I lost money or does the machine realise the mistake?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Might want to get in contact with AIB and BOI! Also might want to check your balance. Usually sucks it back in after a while. I'm sure the shop has an camera on the ATM as well in case anyone took it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

yenom wrote: »
    I was in a rush the other day at the ATM and entered my pin and all that but never took the dispensed money. I'm with AIB. It was a Bank of Ireland ATM in a Centra.

I know this is such a stupid thing to happen but I know it's common.

My question. Have I lost money or does the machine realise the mistake?

This happened my mom a few years ago and when she went into the bank they told her that the machine is programmed to talk the money back after a certain length of time if it's not taken. They can check the machine to see if there is more money than there should be in it. Get onto your bank to see what the procedure is. However in my moms case she didn't get her money back as someone must have been behind her and taken the money out.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭yenom

Thanks. I'll get a statement and ask tomorrow at the counter in my bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

- Please let us know how you get on and good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

bee06 wrote: »
    This happened my mom a few years ago and when she went into the bank they told her that the machine is programmed to talk the money back after a certain length of time if it's not taken. They can check the machine to see if there is more money than there should be in it. Get onto your bank to see what the procedure is. However in my moms case she didn't get her money back as someone must have been behind her and taken the money out.
    Wouldn't cctv catch them even more so if they used the atm after your mother?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭metroburgers

This happened to me, you shouldn't need to go into bank, just ring AIB (017712424) and report what happened, you will get refunded, but might take a week or two!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Happened to me. Was sure it was gone. But I got it back from the bank. 7 YEARS LATER! :D

Advertisement