Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain's Got Talent 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

The viewing figures don't lie. 10.5 million - the highest for any of its opening episodes. Yes, it wasn't up against The Voice but it's still an extremely good figure.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s107/britains-got-talent/news/a564307/britains-got-talent-returns-to-itv-with-105-million-viewers.html#~oBCgeunsFqhkNK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Just a few thoughts on the second show.
    One - the Canadian magician was really good.. but the show's called Britain's got talent not fly to Britain and apply.
    Secondly - the motorbike guys were brilliant too but I can't see it winning and or being performed infront of the queen it would give her heart failure
    Finally.. that dude that David pressed his golden buzzer for was shocking ... each to their own.
    No winners in tonight's show IMO although if I had to pick it would be the magician .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Magician was excellent and while I kind of agree with you there has always been non British contestants.

He's been my fav act so far and I imagine he has better stuff to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

mdwexford wrote: »
    Magician was excellent and while I kind of agree with you there has always been non British contestants.

He's been my fav act so far and I imagine he has better stuff to come.

Usually it's I'm X but I'm living in England for X years ... now it's I'm from Canada and I've just come over for the audition.. still not complaining as it was quality entertainment he was very good.

Fav act so far between both shows would be him or the guys last week doing the light dance thingy, where the whole stage went pitch black and there was a big group of them. . . pretty awesome stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

smurfs5 wrote: »
    The viewing figures don't lie. 10.5 million - the highest for any of its opening episodes. Yes, it wasn't up against The Voice but it's still an extremely good figure.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s107/britains-got-talent/news/a564307/britains-got-talent-returns-to-itv-with-105-million-viewers.html#~oBCgeunsFqhkNK

Doesn't explain why almost everyone on here waited to talk about it until it actually began. :o

Nor, for that matter, does it explain why no-one talked about the second episode while it was actually on... :o:o

Is it just us? :o:o:o:D:);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Doesn't explain why almost everyone on here waited to talk about it until it actually began. :o

Nor, for that matter, does it explain why no-one talked about the second episode while it was actually on... :o:o

Is it just us? :o:o:o:D:);)

I think it's a show lots of people will watch and enjoy, but they don't really care who wins.

It has a loyal audience, but not an obsessive audience. Closer to The Voice than The X Factor.

Skid X wrote: »
    It has a loyal audience, but not an obsessive audience. Closer to The Voice than The X Factor.

It used to have an obsessive audience, though - certainly when Susan Boyle was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

It used to have an obsessive audience, though - certainly when Susan Boyle was on.

Well, it was certainly more obsessive then. There was a novelty to the programme and SuBo's performance made it a must-see programme for a while.

But maybe the novelty wore off. It's mostly the same kind of acts every year and once you have seen them, there is no real 'journey' like you get on X Factor or Strictly. It's still a watchable programme but maybe (mostly) everything to be said about it has already been said.

ITV won't mind as long as they are pulling in decent ratings.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

I'm not too bothered catching up with the show anymore. I do like the final week when all the shows are back to back but not too bothered with the weekend shows.

There seems to be too many light/silhouette acts at the moment and that's already been done, it would be nice to see something fresh but I guess it's hard after years of the show to find something different.

Well, it's probably fair to say that the show reached its zenith when Ashleigh and Pudsey won... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Am finding BGT a more watchable show than anything else that's on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Watching it now on TV3, those dancers are something else...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

They were great.
    Anyone know what the music was? Very catchy.

They were great.
    Anyone know what the music was? Very catchy.

I think it was just a mashup of songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭That_Girl_ Is_ A_Cowboy

Watching tonight. A 4 member young male band ranging from late 20s to early 30s was on. Mutiple michael buble's. Love love love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Always a sob story

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Just watching it now; what's the big deal with the muppet yoke at the beginning? Sure anyone can stick their hand up a puppet's arse, sing a mediocre song and make unfunny quips. It was an awful act, yet the judges and the audience seemed to love it. Baffling.

Can't say I'm overly impressed with the show this year. Besides the dancing granny and the magician with the birds, nothing's really stood out for me so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

In relation to the dancers, (79 year old and dance partner) she won Spain's Got Talent in 2009.

Pretty sure Simon must've known about them prior to them preforming with the whole "I hate ballroom dancing.." and pressing the buzzer.

I'm really enjoying BGT this year. Great acts and great variety, which is what it's all about. I found the puppet at the start amusing.

American Idol has very talented people, but is overdone as far as production and is dragged out too much. Frankly I'm bored by it. I don't care which of them wins. Jena seems to have gotten it all together, but I'm not mad about her.

IMO, BGT is the best entertainment available on TV ATM. I laughed and laughed at the most recent episode! David Walliams is worth his weight in gold on the show! Love that Simon Cowell is back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Eyepatch wrote: »
    IMO, BGT is the best entertainment available on TV ATM. I laughed and laughed at the most recent episode! David Walliams is worth his weight in gold on the show! Love that Simon Cowell is back!

Simon was on Britians got talent last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

The hair plugs on Dec are terrible.
    Alicia is a fine bit of stuff.

Was anyone else watching this recently on Sky? The programme started half an hour late and the rest didn't get recorded :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

Was anyone else watching this recently on Sky? The programme started half an hour late and the rest didn't get recorded :(

the Fa Cup final went to extra time, hence the delay. You didnt miss much as per usual, and its on 3 player anyway. Its clear that a lot of these acts are hand picked and head hunted by the show and this whole "I wasnt expecting that" line can be translated as "I knew that was going to happen as the producers have highlighted that you are good and informed me before you came on stage".

There are a few entertaining acts, but a lot of this is propoganda and convincing the viewers that these are brilliant.

Those 2 rapper kids were ok, nothing more. And Simon Cowel, knowing he has to have a quantity of joke acts and comedy acts has a fake smile that is very convincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Oh dear lord why did they send the fashion guy through.

That Dj's song was brutal aswell.

It could be the worse year ever.

Were The DJ and the "Fashion Guy" picked in the final 40?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

yes they were- my favourite was the song writer bloke, a few good singers this year, begs the question why they don't just go on xfactor

yes they were- my favourite was the song writer bloke, a few good singers this year, begs the question why they don't just go on xfactor

Thanks, somesoldiers! I heard today on TV there ar a total of 45 including the 5 GOLDs, who went straight through to the Live shows. For the next 5 evenigs there will be an elemination show on which 9 will perform. (Total 45)

I presume the these 45 will be whittled down to 10 or twelve by the end of the week. There's still a chance that our designer will not go thorugh. It's all about entertainment on a visual medium, i.e. TV - and the more visual it is, the more the producers like it.

I'm glad they will not be replaying the outdoor "danger" show with those bicycles - or will they? I can't bear the idea of people risking thier lives for the purpose of enetainment. Surely we've moved on from the days of the Roman Arenas, where slaves were thrown to the lions in the interests of entertainment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Eyepatch wrote: »
    Thanks, somesoldiers! I heard today on TV there ar a total of 45 including the 5 GOLDs, who went straight through to the Live shows. For the next 5 evenigs there will be an elemination show on which 9 will perform. (Total 45)

I presume the these 45 will be whittled down to 10 or twelve by the end of the week. There's still a chance that our designer will not go thorugh. It's all about entertainment on a visual medium, i.e. TV - and the more visual it is, the more the producers like it.

I'm glad they will not be replaying the outdoor "danger" show with those bicycles - or will they? I can't bear the idea of people risking thier lives for the purpose of enetainment. Surely we've moved on from the days of the Roman Arenas, where slaves were thrown to the lions in the interests of entertainment!
    The stunt biker's are in the semi's, mates of mine went to see them during the week, their part is Pre recorded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Patsy May to win

Advertisement