Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study motivation

Options
  • 09-04-2014 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I'm doing the JC in June and I really want to do well. I know everyone says it's just the junior cert and it doesnt actually matter I still want to do my best. Despite this I have no motivation to study... Like none. How can I get past this? I dont want to disappoint my self in September or my parents.I'm planning on doing loads of work over Easter but I'm so stressed and worried that I will end up doing nothing!
    Please anyone know how can I motivate myself ? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Our Irish teacher tells us to imagine the scenario in September when we are getting our results.

Do we want to be the people who open the envelope in confidence knowing that we did all we could, or do we want to be the people who open the envelope in a corner by ourselves, anxious about what's inside because we didn't do our best.

Works for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Kelly090

Our Irish teacher tells us to imagine the scenario in September when we are getting our results.

Do we want to be the people who open the envelope in confidence knowing that we did all we could, or do we want to be the people who open the envelope in a corner by ourselves, anxious about what's inside because we didn't do our best.

Works for me...

Yeah that is good! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

I understand exactly where your coming from. I simalarly had problems motivating myself. While I eventually started to study getting close to the exams I feel if I had studdied more I could have done better. I would advise you to find something that helps you to concentrate. I find that listening to music really helps me although I know some of my friends who can't understand how I do that at all so it not work for everyone.

Advertisement