Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

appliance repair course

Options
  • 09-04-2014 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just wondering if anyone has done the major appliance repair course with chevron training. Is it any good? Would it be worth doing if you were thinking of starting your own repair business? Or if anyone has any information about other courses in this area I'd like to here about them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 geeknot

Hi Wayne,

I know this is a late reply, but just to let you know what I thought!

I did the course last year and it was what i'd call just ok. The bloke giving the course was friendly and good humored. But due to there being only one week to cover a load of appliances, you end up learning the basics that are meant to be the same for all appliances, but you don't have near enough time to practice on anything in any detail. To be honest you only really work on the washing machine and are quickly run through the other appliances very quickly by the instructor! If you do a course like this it's important to test with your ampmeter, that's rushed as well..

At the end of the course the cert has to be almost squeezed out of the company. If you asked me if I was happy to do the course? I'd look for another one to be honest, except there's not a whole lot out there. Although, I know there is one more in Dublin that runs for eight or ten weeks, one night a week, but was cancelled in Spring because of lack of interest. The thing about Chevron is they can Market well and charge better. The market isn't as popular as you might think, people are replacing appliances because they're cheap and unless you pay a lot for Marketing on google or whatever you won't make that much. Having said that I haven't concentrated that much on the app's because I was busy doing other things.. good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 andyboyl

Howya,

Did this course last autumn. Not great to be honest. The course is overpriced and rushed, so unless you have previous experience your head will be left spinning.
    Did a course in Dun laoghaire which cost just over €100 and was ten times better and cheaper. Just do your homework before you do anything..

Advertisement