Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphic and offending post in Commuting & Transport

Options
  • 09-04-2014 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

On 7th April, a pedestrian died in Dublin after a traffic incident between a LUAS tram and a car.

At 00:28 on the 9th April, somebody posted that they had seen the aftermath of the incident, and described in graphic detail the condition of the body on the side of the Dublin street.

In my opinion, those graphic descriptions were completely out of order, given that a relative could easily read them and be shocked, as I was reading them late at night.

I flagged this to the moderators, and assumed that the post would be edited and removed as quickly as possible, out of respect to the family of the deceased.

Instead, the thread was locked, and the offending post left there, in full view, for anyone to read right through the day of the 9th, where it still lies.

I have no connection to the incident, the deceased, or their family or friends. I was simply highlighting something that I felt was a matter of common decency and respect. But evidently, the team on the Commuting & Transport forum feel that graphic descriptions of dead bodies is fair game for public consumption, where family might read them.

I have no further interest in the matter, and don't want or expect a reply. I am simply highlighting this just once more, in case there is still anybody in Boards.ie with a sense of decorum in these things.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement