Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Supporters - most frenzied

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I was in Poland
    Thought the singing on the tram out to the Italy game was brilliant, and very original, it did not seem to continue once inside the ground though.

I was in Poland for the full 2 weeks and the collection and volume of hilarious and top chants was great. Was some really poor efforts too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

at home, I'd be a Rovers fan , and they would be one of tops for passion - was up in Dundalk once for a hostile derby, and the atmosphere was pretty intense/atmospheric.

English wise there is a few outside teams that I've seen with great support - Sheffield Wednesday , very vocal and witty - Cardiff (ok Welsh) & Milwall pretty passionate - all the big teams have there moments , though Arsenal always seams a bit dull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

When it comes down to genuine frenzied fans it's either South Americans and Turks.

It's a whole different lifestyle there when it comes to football.

Really want to go to Besiktas one day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAao3IkDvqI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

England: Liverpool
    Ireland: Shels...but Drogheda were quite vocal as well the last time in Tolka
    Europe: Borussia Dortmund
    International: Turkey

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

The most passionate and frenzied fans in Europe

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

More from the Lech Poznan fans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Panathinaikos and Olympiacos must be up there too. Fecking Greeks!

• Advertisement

Enjoy watching San Lorenzo fans of Argentina

Looks like serious crack, would love to be involved in this madness every Saturday

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Enjoy watching San Lorenzo fans of Argentina

Looks like serious crack, would love to be involved in this madness every Saturday

but can you imagine playing in front of that each week - that is why i love football, sort of Spiritual

thebaz wrote: »
    but can you imagine playing in front of that each week - that is why i love football, sort of Spiritual

It would be incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Thats class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Derry City have the best away support!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Having traveled all around Europe with Cork City I Have to say it really has opened my eyes to how good the LOI actually is. There is a nasty undercurrent to much of the football supporting around Europe. To those who say how great Red Star are or others beware !!

The LOI has a great sense of humour and camaraderie that other leagues simple dont have. Top of the LOI is Cork City - but I am biased.

Even the premier league in England falls short. I was doing a course in England and managed to get to an Aston Villa game . What a disappointment.

The guy beside me arrived late. Buried his head in the programme for the whole game and left early. And the atmosphere was terrible.

The atmosphere in Turners Cross was ten times better - and no need for such a police presence or as when I was in Belgrade the riot police from midday of an evening kick-off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Having traveled all around Europe with Cork City I Have to say it really has opened my eyes to how good the LOI actually is. There is a nasty undercurrent to much of the football supporting around Europe. To those who say how great Red Star are or others beware !!

The LOI has a great sense of humour and camaraderie that other leagues simple dont have. Top of the LOI is Cork City - but I am biased.

Even the premier league in England falls short. I was doing a course in England and managed to get to an Aston Villa game . What a disappointment.

The guy beside me arrived late. Buried his head in the programme for the whole game and left early. And the atmosphere was terrible.

The atmosphere in Turners Cross was ten times better - and no need for such a police presence or as when I was in Belgrade the riot police from midday of an evening kick-off.

Ive always used this when selling the league to others and it is true the only other place ive seeing similarities was in the Conference in the old Barnet ground underhill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Pointless getting into who does the best displays as a lot of clubs have their moments - and fair play to them - but I would say Rovers would consistently have close to the highest away support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

in the LOI its not even close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

5 pages in and no mention of Feyenoord is astonishing. Some of the most hardcore devoted fans you will ever see.

Amongst other things, their fans show up in the tens of thousands to preseason training, have pre match drinking sessions in large numbers at the training ground the morning of games, have raves in the stadium bar before and after matches and are known for pyro, displays and a level of devotion rarely seen anywhere. Interestingly they don't really have an Ultras movement, their hardcore is known as Het Legioen but they dont believe Ultras are needed when the entire matchgoing crowd is making noise and there are regular displays anyways.

This article does a good job summing them up

Also, obligatory video when they beat Ajax a couple of years ago:

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

England: Crystal Palace

Ireland: St Pats

European: Borrusia Dortmund

International: Poland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Nobody should be allowed to nominate their own club in a thread like this...

Nobody should be allowed to nominate their own club in a thread like this...

You definitely should.

As I said - having gone abroad with my team in Europe and seen what goes on I would never undersell my teams support so Cork Citys fans it still remains.

A friendly bunch as well who you can have a drink with.

You definitely should.

As I said - having gone abroad with my team in Europe and seen what goes on I would never undersell my teams support so Cork Citys fans it still remains.

A friendly bunch as well who you can have a drink with.

I don't believe you're impartial AT ALL in that view (and I say that as somebody who would rate Cork's support among the best in the LOI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

St Pauli are the best I've ever seen, by some distance

I don't believe you're impartial AT ALL in that view (and I say that as somebody who would rate Cork's support among the best in the LOI.

OK maybe so but the baloney about foreign fans can be disconcerting .... many of them mentioned are just thugs. (Sorry Thats wrong of course the majority are ordinary decent people - but a lot of these clubs have a nasty undercurrent following them.)

OK maybe so but the baloney about foreign fans can be disconcerting .... many of them mentioned are just thugs. (Sorry Thats wrong of course the majority are ordinary decent people - but a lot of these clubs have a nasty undercurrent following them.)

Don't disagree with you at all but the thread title is looking for the most 'frenzied' fans to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

spiralism wrote: »
    5 pages in and no mention of Feyenoord is astonishing. Some of the most hardcore devoted fans you will ever see.

Amongst other things, their fans show up in the tens of thousands to preseason training, have pre match drinking sessions in large numbers at the training ground the morning of games, have raves in the stadium bar before and after matches and are known for pyro, displays and a level of devotion rarely seen anywhere. Interestingly they don't really have an Ultras movement, their hardcore is known as Het Legioen but they dont believe Ultras are needed when the entire matchgoing crowd is making noise and there are regular displays anyways.

This article does a good job summing them up

Also, obligatory video when they beat Ajax a couple of years ago:

Thanks for that link :)

From that link:
    February 8, 2014 at 12:55
    I’ve lived abroad for 15 years now and watch EVERY game on TV. After the 10-0 (PSV away in 2010) loss I flew to Rotterdam from South of France especially for the VVV match to show my support. 50.000 fans but they could have sold out the stadium three times for that game. FTID!

Explains it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Paok - Olympiakos last night was a bit colourful

http://instagram.com/p/m3USh5oTaL

Hedwiges Maduro's instagram

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

inforfun wrote: »
    Paok - Olympiakos last night was a bit colourful

http://instagram.com/p/m3USh5oTaL

Hedwiges Maduro's instagram

John Delaney is having wet dreams about the amount of fines he could dish out for something like that in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

didn't know where else to put this. From the weekend just gone.

• Advertisement

small change - I now think the Argentina supporters are the most passionate international fans out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Feyenoord fans vs Ajax yesterday (didn't take that video but it's the best angle). Was at the game and despite the disappointing result it was the most breathtaking, incredible atmosphere i've ever experienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Only found a video yesterday, but Partizan fans against Spurs were in top form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Bit biased on my part but the atmosphere as this game was damn good.

You can take your sterile Premiership games and weed out the fair weather fans when it's an away game in the Championship :)

most frenzied from what i have seen here have been San Lorenzo from Argentina

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Palace in the Prem by an absolute country mile, nobody even comes close

A few Champ/League 1 teams would be good too (not the same numbers obvs)

Advertisement