Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1Z1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Good to see that people are actually enjoying this. After the PTW incident i planned on avoiding this for a while.

Will see how it looks in the next week or so before I pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

They seem fairly common alright, ammo is still hard to come by though..

Weapons should be more common than ammo bit it's a bit ridiculous how many guns I used to find and now it may be more common.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I played it for about 3 hours total between Monday and last night and despite searching extensively, never found a single piece of loot (bar sticks and berries). Now, I was having plenty of fun, but I'm wondering - was this a bug or is loot just really, really rare?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Varik wrote: »
    Guns arnt common now are they?

Rather the weapons themselves would be a bit rarerer and ammo a bit less so.

In the hour or so I played I found about 3 AR15s, and 4 M911s. Though that might also be because the servers were just restarted so there was fresh loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I played it for about 3 hours total between Monday and last night and despite searching extensively, never found a single piece of loot (bar sticks and berries). Now, I was having plenty of fun, but I'm wondering - was this a bug or is loot just really, really rare?

Bug I'd say, loot wasnt spawning in containers which it now does but I don't know if loot respawns or if its the same as DayZ with servers needing restarts for loot.

Servers..
    https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/557935569804619778

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/557935795734982656

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Here's my next "Adventures" series episode. We have some funny interactions with players & eventually call in our first airdrop, it gets pretty hectic.

Airdrop scene starts at about 14 mins in to it if you want to skip & see what happens.

Enjoy!

More EU servers are supposed to be coming online in the next few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

Weapons should be more common than ammo bit it's a bit ridiculous how many guns I used to find and now it may be more common.

I have clocked 13 hours in this game now so fare and i have only found 1 AR15, and that was only cos i jumped on earlier when the servers just restarted and all the loot was fresh.

I am loving this game at the mo, i have to say out of all the alpha launch games that have come out over the past 2-3 years this is close to perfect for me. I really wouldn't even mind if they pushed this as the full release.

There is just the one thing wrong right now for me and that is the fact that you have to go into your directory to change the controls that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

There is just the one thing wrong right now for me and that is the fact that you have to go into your directory to change the controls that's it.

Due for a fix soon enough too. I think they are concentrating on more servers and bug fixed for now. Personally I prefer this for the moment.

Might jump straight to the new eu servers, a lot of the older eu/us ones have a fair share of dupped ammo now from before the patch. AR15 being fired like there's no tomorrow.

• Advertisement

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Here's my next "Adventures" series episode. We have some funny interactions with players & eventually call in our first airdrop, it gets pretty hectic.

Airdrop scene starts at about 14 mins in to it if you want to skip & see what happens.

Enjoy!

class action man and them lads running up on you guys with there hands up was the funnyest thing i have seen in a good long while.

Noxin wrote: »
    Due for a fix soon enough too. I think they are concentrating on more servers and bug fixed for now. Personally I prefer this for the moment.

its not bad if you can get used to using "e" for interaction instead of lets say normally using "q" but what about us left handed people?

Played an hour or so there and... I think I'll give it a few days. Failed to repeat the fun I had the other night.

They need to do a bit of work on loot spawning I think. Seems like the loot is fine when the server restarts if you're lucky enough to be there, but later in the day there's nothing to be found anywhere. Right now on the EU servers, it looks like everyone is being forced to play like this:

1. Respawn.
    2. Tear shirt and jeans, craft bow and satchel.
    3. Kill first person you see, if they kill you first, go to step 1.
    4. Go to Step 3.

Not badmouthing the game here by the way, there's plenty of fun to be had with a little tweaking.

class action man and them lads running up on you guys with there hands up was the funniest thing i have seen in a good long while.

Cheers dude! Yeah wasn't sure what was going on. I'm actually currently editing a video with something like that happening, near 20 of us running around with our hands up. Was absolutely hilarious last night.

Anyway, here's episode 3 of my "Adventures" thing, we fix up a Police car & have some craic. Then at the end some embarrassing shooting from me :P Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

How's the game for playing with a friend? One thing that pissed me off in Day Z was spawning in with a friend and being an entire map apart.

The map's not that big and you can get your coordinates with /loc, so it's all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Had good craic on this tonight, first time playing.

Was wandering through one of the big-ish towns and I approach 1 guy I see outside of a gas station. Give him a wave cause I don't have a mic at the minute. Wave's back. Sound. Then all of a sudden his mate comes around the corner beside the petrol station and hits me with an arrow.

All of a sudden they both have bow's out and it's raining arrows at me. I manage to fall back enough to get into the forest and they eventually lose interest. I patched up and decided to creep back with my bow out for some revenege.

In and around the same area, 1 guy comes out of a shop I'm coming up to shooting arrows at me. I sprint to the left and try and go around the building but his buddy had come out the back door, again firing arrows. I have to leg it at this stage.

I backtrack and sprint towards the nearest house, go through the doors and head into the backgarden. It's a high fence all the way around so they can't get in the back. They don't seem keen on coming in. One guy is looping around the back trying to jump and peek over the fence to see where I am. The other is waiting at the front door.

I pushed into the house and fire an arrow at the guy at the front door. I hit him but only in the leg, they both decide to try and rush me. I just aimed at the door and let them come in. I hit 1 guy again in the chest as he ran through the front door.

Fall back into the garden and all 3 of us are firing arrows. One of them decides to try and crowbar me over a short distance, I just waited until he was close and shot an arrow at his head. 1 down.

Then all of a sudden another dude runs out the back door shooting more arrows at me, but the OTHER guy 1 shots him with an arrow in the head as he's running towards me ^.^

I took my chance and drew first and hit him square in the head with an arrow.

Some nice gear I got from the 3 of them! Sniper, pistol and some shotgun shells. Back pack too with plenty of food. Haha, wish I had a mic, they had obviously been alive for a bit and I had spawned about 10 15 minutes at this stage.

TLDR;

Bows are awesome!

Here's episode 4 guys, we head into the biggest town "Pleasant Valley". It's a disaster of a place haha. Enjoy!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lukker- wrote: »
    Had good craic on this tonight, first time playing.

Was wandering through one of the big-ish towns and I approach 1 guy I see outside of a gas station. Give him a wave cause I don't have a mic at the minute. Wave's back. Sound. Then all of a sudden his mate comes around the corner beside the petrol station and hits me with an arrow.

All of a sudden they both have bow's out and it's raining arrows at me. I manage to fall back enough to get into the forest and they eventually lose interest. I patched up and decided to creep back with my bow out for some revenege.

In and around the same area, 1 guy comes out of a shop I'm coming up to shooting arrows at me. I sprint to the left and try and go around the building but his buddy had come out the back door, again firing arrows. I have to leg it at this stage.

I backtrack and sprint towards the nearest house, go through the doors and head into the backgarden. It's a high fence all the way around so they can't get in the back. They don't seem keen on coming in. One guy is looping around the back trying to jump and peek over the fence to see where I am. The other is waiting at the front door.

I pushed into the house and fire an arrow at the guy at the front door. I hit him but only in the leg, they both decide to try and rush me. I just aimed at the door and let them come in. I hit 1 guy again in the chest as he ran through the front door.

Fall back into the garden and all 3 of us are firing arrows. One of them decides to try and crowbar me over a short distance, I just waited until he was close and shot an arrow at his head. 1 down.

Then all of a sudden another dude runs out the back door shooting more arrows at me, but the OTHER guy 1 shots him with an arrow in the head as he's running towards me ^.^

I took my chance and drew first and hit him square in the head with an arrow.

Some nice gear I got from the 3 of them! Sniper, pistol and some shotgun shells. Back pack too with plenty of food. Haha, wish I had a mic, they had obviously been alive for a bit and I had spawned about 10 15 minutes at this stage.

TLDR;

Bows are awesome!

sounds like fun :D

Here is another short video of something awesome that happened on Wednesday night. I said hello to a couple people & it turned into around 15 of us running around praising the sun, was absolutely hilarious & shows how awesome this game can be sometimes when guys decide not to shoot on sight!

Enjoy! Cheers!

• Advertisement

Remember seeing a DayZ video ages ago

Some lad with a torch walking along the road chanting, When he met someone he'd leave a book on the ground for them to read and when they did (and couldn't see what he was doing) he's handcuff them and run off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Just going onto badlands now for a look see. Its taking its time man!

Got killed, and repawned but I was near where I died and had all my stuff.

Just going onto badlands now for a look see. Its taking its time man!

It's been restarted now, not sure for how long.

Arrow drop is heart breaking

Arrow drop is heart breaking

If you find some twine you can make a better one.

Servers down for the next 2 hours, fridges won't be full of rotten meat anymore.

No more making foundations.

If you find some twine you can make a better one.

Servers down for the next 2 hours, fridges won't be full of rotten meat anymore.

No more making foundations.

Hang on, two hours??? What?

Hang on, two hours??? What?

Also a 845mb patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

It's patch time and apparently the loot fix patch. All be praised that the almighty FSM has decided to let us have this!
    Anyway...

I spent alot of today on a pve server. Don't judge me!!! I needed to get the hang of my new mouse and really wanted to get to grips with the bow. Yes that drop is horrifying. Think I'm a bit better now.

one thing I noted. If you want loot, join pvp, if you want lore join PVE for actual zombie apocalypse. Loot is ten times worse obviously cause thats all people do. Still had great fun on PVE.

I think I'll keep both. PVE for the crafter in me. PVP for... the cnut. xD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Has anyone set up a boards clan yet? or even a server most likely to meet boardsies on?

I've been mostly playing lone wolf so far, but have met up with some folks periodically.
    would be nice to trust them for a bit (i.e. play with some boardsies) :)

Advertisement