Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1Z1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Triangle wrote: »
    Has anyone set up a boards clan yet? or even a server most likely to meet boardsies on?

I've been mostly playing lone wolf so far, but have met up with some folks periodically.
    would be nice to trust them for a bit (i.e. play with some boardsies) :)

Preferably not one full of duped weapons and ammo, maybe one of the new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

You're welcome to jump on the gaellords teamspeak whenever. (gaellords.com)
    There's a few of us that play it on that most evenings. Create your own private channel if you want too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Think we all running lone wolf tbh.

I'm happy to meet up wherever you guys wanna go for. Good thing I've noticed is they are wiping some servers. Namely those with massive dupes. I've seen a number in the server list with a toilet roll icon (best icon for a wipe ever).

You can also expect server wipes fairly frequently. It has to happen in Alpha/Early Access.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Definately. I'm not a big time poster but is there a group of posters that might be interested in meeting up?
    Perhaps a team speak server or something similar (I'm not too sure what's the most popular modern equivalent of team speak!)

Triangle wrote: »
    Definately. I'm not a big time poster but is there a group of posters that might be interested in meeting up?
    Perhaps a team speak server or something similar (I'm not too sure what's the most popular modern equivalent of team speak!)

It's still TS. And depending on the numbers, it would be handy ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

ok, I'll check out gaellords. Cheers

John Smedley @j_smedley · 10m 10 minutes ago
    loot should be way better when the servers come up. Maybe too much better if you ask me... but I'm stingy with loot. @kalyper is a giver.

Hmmm, I dont like this. I hope it's not everywhere either. Will ruin the whole zombie apocalypse feeling. But its a balancing act. Thy'll up it, they'll down it. they'll up it some more, they'll down it again. Alpha is Alpha. :pac:

Getting G28, not playing any more tonight it seems

Varik wrote: »
    Getting G28, not playing any more tonight it seems

I just drank a cup of coffee so might be here a while :D

Last tweet says final preps for bring the servers online.

Need to find a new server, logged on today to my main after a week of being away working and there is 2 giant walled bases on either side of me.

• Advertisement

Lots of fun tonight on PVE, joined in right on server reboot. Found a lovely fire-station axe (of which there were plenty) Gave away my almost broken pistol and made a friend. At least 15 people were shocked when I busted open a fire hydrant and started pumping water from it. They were all delighted. Everyone got in on the free water and juice after I told them about the soon to be patched blackcurrant juice once it kicks in. I learned a lot. And made friends. I'll keep the pvp for when I just want to be a fkck head. But pve wise, well I do have IEDs that I stole from a drop. I guess I can be a cnut if I want... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Anyone going to play tonight? Think I'll bite the bullet and just buy it at this stage. Too tempting!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

So did they sort out the loot with last nights patch ?

So did they sort out the loot with last nights patch ?

Lot more of everything, and I'm finding a lot of stuff in containers.

Built a ****ing shelter.

I wanted a shack.

Back to looking for metals. not as bad as it once was but ****. Crafted a furnace, metal door, and then ****ed up the actual building.

Varik wrote: »
    Built a ****ing shelter.

I wanted a shack.

Back to looking for metals. not as bad as it once was but ****. Crafted a furnace, metal door, and then ****ed up the actual building.

You curse a lot :D

Noxin wrote: »
    You curse a lot :D

Should hear me in voice chat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yeah definitely join the gaellords teamspeak lads. Get a few of you together & create a channel or use the H1Z1 one that's already there. I'll be on there at times too & i'll gladly play with some of ya.

Loot still seems to be an issue. Not really finding anything..

Noxin wrote: »
    Loot still seems to be an issue. Not really finding anything..

You have to move to the out of the way areas, if there are players within the 135-190m area around it when it's meant to respawn it won't (includes yourself), if the respawn is missed the time until the next one is reduced but the exclusion zone still applies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Went to low pop server. Have all the loot now.

Make sure you kill plenty of zombies. They sometimes have player loot! After a player dies their body turns into a zombie it seems

All I'm finding is bottles now, and a load of food (but at 100 there not really worth it).

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Jaysus ktulu! Over 6700 views in one day for the "Praise The Sun" video, nicely done. And first item on the SOE H1Z1 page :)

https://www.h1z1.com/home

Yeah I just saw it earlier dude, fecking class that they have it there! People seem to be really enjoying it :D

If the Zombie is out in the wild, there's a decent chance it was a player so kill it.

Tools and weapons are usually damaged but the rest is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

After 36 hours of playtime,my conclusion is:

no sleeping bags or no bed or no steady spawning point- absolutely no point to get engaged with this game,

unless you do enjoy hard-core surviving play

Congrats on the above, ktulu, your vids were what made me buy the game over the weekend!

What servers are people on? Could we pick a server for boardsies?

I'm on Trafalgar, London and Abomination. Trafalgar is probably the one I've played the most on due to it's low pop.

What say yee?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Are the EU servers still really laggy?

• Advertisement

Seamus1964 wrote: »
    unless you do enjoy hard-core surviving play

That's what the game is about hard-core survival. I would be against a "mobile spawn point" system as it goes against everything these types of games stand for. What makes them exciting & give you the adrenaline from a fire fight is the fact you can die and lose all your hard earned gear. If you can just re-spawn at your base & gear up again straight away that will take the "fear" out of it.
    Congrats on the above, ktulu, your vids were what made me buy the game over the weekend!

What servers are people on? Could we pick a server for boardsies?

Cheers dude! I think you made a good decision, yes it's buggy at times etc but the game has huge potential and i'm pretty sure it will be huge in a years time! As for server, it's a pity there is no "Dublin" server or Irish based one that we could all hop on. I try & stick to low pop ones as there is more loot I think. No set server yet, I have chars on Birmingham, outpost#7, rex & probably a lot more i can't think of atm

Are the EU servers still really laggy?

Nope they have been grand for the last few days, I think that was only on the day or two after they were set-up.

Advertisement