Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1Z1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Played on Badlands again today for 3 hours. i didn't even find 1 empty bottle! No loot whatsoever. Its really turning me off the game.

Everyone was KOS except one french dude who i hung out with for a while.

We went to the police station in pleasantville, went to the top with bows and arrows and about 15 people ran up to the buiding. We held off a few who tried to rush us and then some guy legged it to the roof with a bear chasing him! A bear! It killed me and i can only assume my partner. Neat little trick!

What is the point in building a shack at present?

Congrats ktulu!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

No reason to build bases yet imo. They glitches & stuff that people are using to get into them will be fixed soon i'd say. Also there is a big patch coming today(probably tomorrow for EU) that is meant to fix the loot once & for all. :)

I dont know how i feel about bases just yet, will it make the game too difficult for players who dont have a team?

Wouldnt mind jumping on with some of you lads sometime soon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Might pick this up later and give it a go. Are people enjoying this more than DayZ?

yeah im enjoying it a lot. I will go back to Dayz soon as Dayz is my go to game but this is a refreshing break away! i cant see them making it free to play to be honest, its going to be too polished

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Kiith wrote: »
    Might pick this up later and give it a go. Are people enjoying this more than DayZ?

I enjoy it more than the DayZ standalone, but it's still nowhere near as good as the mod was back in it's day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Last i played it was like playing berry picking simulator, now im hearing its a Legolas simulator lol.
    I got my refund this day last week, i plan to rebuy once its patched well and loot is sorted.

I enjoy it more than the DayZ standalone, but it's still nowhere near as good as the mod was back in it's day.

Sadly as I was saying to ya on the TS, I really don't think we will ever get that original DayZ mod feeling again. Not in the survival genre anyway, maybe something completely new and different somewhere else :(

Kiith wrote: »

I have a huge amount of hours in both games now, I got huge enjoyment out of playing DayZ hardcore squad play stuff. But the bugs, glitches & staleness of the game mean I won't be playing it for a good while now.

H1Z1 is a breath of fresh air in that regard, it doesn't take itself as serious as DayZ does & it is being developed by a stronger dev team imo.

Both good games, I think only one will turn into a great game. Not sure which one yet...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I have a huge amount of hours in both games now, I got huge enjoyment out of playing DayZ hardcore squad play stuff. But the bugs, glitches & staleness of the game mean I won't be playing it for a good while now.

H1Z1 is a breath of fresh air in that regard, it doesn't take itself as serious as DayZ does & it is being developed by a stronger dev team imo.

Both good games, I think only one will turn into a great game. Not sure which one yet...

h1z1 has the better chance imo, dayz really is hampered by the engine.

• Advertisement

Yup, I think the engine is the reason DayZ development is so slow

So teamed up with a Belgian and German last night, not a gun between us for 5 hours. We fixed up a few cars and had a good oul laugh, took down a few other crews and killed about 30 people!

Then we ran into difficulties in cranberry, we couldn't kill one new spawn, he kept clipping. He managed to kill the 3 of us before we realized he was scripting. It was a BIG let down that a cheater got us after all that time.

I think I had fraps running so will have a look later, see if I can send his name in! It was a bunch of random numbers, hopefully I have something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

does this support 2560x1080 resolution?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

SOE are heavy handed with the banhammer, they wipe stats and outright ban people a lot on their other game and sort out exploits when found quickly.

Yeah saw that in a recent Dev note, so what happens, the hackers have to buy the game again?

I can't see someone buying a script, getting banned and buying the game again, which leads me to believe that the cheaters know a way around the bans. Have always thought this about most scriptable games

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I think SOE hardware ID ban and IP ban, so I've no idea how people would get around that. Right job though, get rid of the ****ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think SOE hardware ID ban and IP ban, so I've no idea how people would get around that. Right job though, get rid of the ****ers.

Well that isn't going to do anything to Irish cheaters. Dynamic IP addresses. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

This game seems to be gathering a lot of momentum. I was originally going to get it on PS4 but now i'm toying with the idea of getting a steam machine and going the steam route to hook up to my plasma.
    (That's if steam machines apart from alienware ever actually get released)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

jones wrote: »
    This game seems to be gathering a lot of momentum. I was originally going to get it on PS4 but now i'm toying with the idea of getting a steam machine and going the steam route to hook up to my plasma.

Build your own!!

Indeed. It might appear daunting at first but that feeling goes away when you realise it's more like expensive lego. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

srumball wrote: »
    Build your own!!

I would but i think if i was going that route i'd go full tower and not small form factor and so it would end up costing me 2k which i cant afford.
    Is there an irish equivalent of overclockers? i know they deliver to Ireland but just wondering.

I've build my own gaming pc years ago i remember the days an ATI 9800XT was considered top of the range that's how long we're talking about ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

A brand new PC with a Decent CPU & GPU full tower won't cost that much. If you go onto Hardwareversand.de and have a mess about with the Configurator you can see how much it would cost.

All what steam machines are just pre-built computers that Valve have commissioned themselves to make (with the extra markup for them doing so plus their own brand).

You could build your own Mini PC for a ton less and just install the Steam OS onto the hard drive. You can dictate what case you want to get to suit your own aesthetic. Some Mini PC's can now fit a GTX 970 which will give you Ultra Graphics with great FPS.

I would but i think if i was going that route i'd go full tower and not small form factor and so it would end up costing me 2k which i cant afford.

You can get a top of the line machine for under 1k now. 2k is massively overkill.

If you budget a little you can get a very decent machine that will still run any modern game for about 600. It's doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Yeah saw that in a recent Dev note, so what happens, the hackers have to buy the game again?

I can't see someone buying a script, getting banned and buying the game again, which leads me to believe that the cheaters know a way around the bans. Have always thought this about most scriptable games

Following warZ through its launch and first year on the scene (i didnt actually buy it, just read its forums alot). Hackers do exactly that, buy the game again and again because they must have money to burn and nothing better to spend it on.

Kirby wrote: »
    Indeed. It might appear daunting at first but that feeling goes away when you realise it's more like expensive lego. :p

Speaking as an adult fan of Lego, it's more or less the same. Lego is fecking expensive!! :P

Anyone on tonight?

Without detracting from the Gael llords ts BTW, the steam voice chat client is fairly reliable, used it for the first time last night

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

dude in this day and age you can build a really good rig for a lot less than any steam machine and a HELL of a lot less than a (piece of ****) alienware.
    Following warZ through its launch and first year on the scene (i didnt actually buy it, just read its forums alot). Hackers do exactly that, buy the game again and again because they must have money to burn and nothing better to spend it on.

difference is warz is and at most of its sale time to be sold for $1, that's why there is so many hackers. i mean you get a free hack and pay $20 on 20 copy's of the game and hack on each copy for 2-3 months. where as this game is €20 and i really don't see them actually making this game free to play and if they do it will be of a crap part of the game and most people will pay to play the likes of battle royal or jump on something like premium servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Is H1Z1 less demanding than DayZ in terms of pc power?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

difference is warz is and at most of its sale time to be sold for $1, that's why there is so many hackers. i mean you get a free hack and pay $20 on 20 copy's of the game and hack on each copy for 2-3 months. where as this game is €20 and i really don't see them actually making this game free to play and if they do it will be of a crap part of the game and most people will pay to play the likes of battle royal or jump on something like premium servers.

Like i said in my comment, through the launch and first year of warZ. before it was ever sold for $1, hackers would have zero problem rebuying the game multiple times.

• Advertisement

vlad2009 wrote: »
    Is H1Z1 less demanding than DayZ in terms of pc power?

A lot less demanding, it still looks nice(When it's sunny & the Dev's haven't turned off shadows etc)

Advertisement