Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1Z1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

vlad2009 wrote: »
    Is H1Z1 less demanding than DayZ in terms of pc power?

It's not very demanding at all. DayZ is a lot better looking though imo.

H1Z1 has that sort of plastic look to everything that I associate with games like Far Cry. Overuse of specularity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Any idea when we are back online?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

DayZ was incredibly ugly. Of the videos I've seen, this actually looks a little better.

teamed up with a cupla northies tonight, found 4 AR's and hand guns for all, loot is fixed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Tempted to check this out while the buzz is still going for it, DayZ:SA was and still is a complete damp squib for me when I loved the mod so much.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Kirby wrote: »
    DayZ was incredibly ugly. Of the videos I've seen, this actually looks a little better.

DayZ is a lovely game when everything is on full, but to do this you would need to spend at least 30k(Not actually that, a super computer basically) on a machine if you want to get anywhere near decent frames. People turn down the graphics to be able to record it & YouTube wrecks all videos with it's encoding.

Hey ktulu what video capture software and voice chat client you using?

Fraps won't seem to pick up players voices on ts for.some reason for me, queer annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Fraps won't seem to pick up players voices on ts for.some reason for me, queer annoying

Don't use Fraps, it destroys your performance if you want to record in decent clarity.

Look into Shadowplay if you have a Nvidia card and check out Raptr if you have an AMD. Both allow you to record in excellent quality without any performance hit.

As Luker said don't use FRAPS, it's a disaster. Shadowplay is fine at the moment & doesn't seem to hinder game performance at all.

However I use a program called DxTory with virtual audio cables. DxTory is probably the most robust & feature filled recording software out there at the moment & it also allows me to use multiple audio sources. So when I record a game I have a video track, a game audio track, a microphone track & a teamspeak track. I can't express how good & important for me it is to have separate audio tracks. While editing I can move the audio around to make a better flow to a conversation or if someone is talking ****e in the teamspeak I can just remove it altogether without it affecting the video footage.

Watch this video from JackFrags, this is more or less my setup:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Might pick this up tomorrow. What server are people playing on?

• Advertisement

Here's my new Adventures video, we try to arrest a bunch of people but they keep resisting!!

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Think the loot is too plentiful now!

I've found about 400x.45 rounds in a 20 minute play session.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Lukker- wrote: »

Not sure that's a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Lukker- wrote: »

Devs tweeted that they felt it was possibly too much when they released the patch. It'll be reduced again once they have new figures. I think they are doing it week by week now. Change % and test for a week. See how much is dropping and if too much, reduce and test again.

Not been on for the week but I'll hopefully get some play time over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Loot is a bit much atm alright, made scraps off of a bag yesterday and straight away some ammo spawned right in front me. :pac:

I would get annoyed if I didn't know it was early access alpha!

Still haven't called in an airdrop, any use?

I would get annoyed if I didn't know it was early access alpha!

Still haven't called in an airdrop, any use?

Still got mine, too scared.

Latest video, just a short one of some action we had in Cranberry culminating in a nice big explosion :P

Enjoy!

Way too much loot, every house had a backpack and ammo.

I've seen more ammo now in the last 40 minutes than in the 30 hours before.

Jumped on London as well it's near.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

what do ye use for finding your way around?

is there a map plugin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

dunworth1 wrote: »
    what do ye use for finding your way around?

is there a map plugin?

http://www.h1z1db.co.uk/map/

Type /loc in game to get your coordinates and paste them in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

http://www.h1z1db.co.uk/map/

Type /loc in game to get your coordinates and paste them in there.

that's perfect thanks

are they testing something with the loot as i've gotten more loot in the last 30min played then in the whole 6 hours ive played

They did add a map button in game (m) so maybe you can find a loot-able map now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

ktulu123 wrote: »
    They did add a map button in game (m) so maybe you can find a loot-able map now?

That's only for use in Battleroyale afaik!

Played through my first battle royal made it to the last 10, but after a bit of a terrain glitch got me stuck with the gas. Got shot in the end trying to bunny hop out of cabin (last building left out of the gas by dragon lake). the last few were all in cars driving around, the area was small enough so I think there may have been some teams in the end but I didn't see any. Getting a car is probably the best thing to do at the end.

1 guy with a shotgun in the back, 3 vehicles with included players with AR15, and 2 guy with m1911 at range.

Didn't see any hunting rifles, not sure they spawn. Loads of ARs, 1911, and shotguns. Guns always had ammo by them, took the ammo when I saw it.

The first 50% die off very fast, with the last 60 going slower to 20 and then at a snail's pace to the last 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

played an hour of the game seems fun so far. Got killed 3 times by lads with guns. Manged to get one of em with an arrow tot he neck he didn't die tho. If anyone wants to play let me know.

Nolars wrote: »
    played an hour of the game seems fun so far. Got killed 3 times by lads with guns. Manged to get one of em with an arrow tot he neck he didn't die tho. If anyone wants to play let me know.

Was Ass sliding with about 20 people, and a group came out shooting near cranberry I was near the rear of the convoy so I snuck around a kill 1/2 with a stick.

Varik wrote: »
    Was Ass sliding with about 20 people.

Yeah we didn't know this was a thing until we hopped on again last night. Absolutely hilarious just sliding around

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Yeah we didn't know this was a thing until we hopped on again last night. Absolutely hilarious just sliding around

Ye, it's great hearing the reactions from people seeing it for the first time.

You frien......what the **** are you doing?

I was alone near all the southerly spawns showing off to fresh spawns and then met a group of 3 coming onto the road from a slip road, then the 4 of us continue on and as we made the top of a hill we met another group coming in the opposite direction.

Also decided to call anyone shooting at us "ass bandits".

• Advertisement

Yeah I wanted to get a huge group of us doing it last night but it seems the "med" pop servers are actually quite low now.

Advertisement