Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1Z1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Yeah I wanted to get a huge group of us doing it last night but it seems the "med" pop servers are actually quite low now.

Yeah I'm on a MED pop server at the moment with an AR, shotgun and hunting rifle and max ammo for them all and no-one to shoot bar zombies. Had to jump to a higher pop server, there's no-one around even in the main city.

Done a battleroyale last night and it was good fun. The squad BRs should be even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

What is this ass surfing?? Haven't been on in a few days, should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Big Knox wrote: »
    Yeah I'm on a MED pop server at the moment with an AR, shotgun and hunting rifle and max ammo for them all and no-one to shoot bar zombies. Had to jump to a higher pop server, there's no-one around even in the main city.

Done a battleroyale last night and it was good fun. The squad BRs should be even better!

Will need event tickets probably then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Sony have sold off S.O.E (Sony Online Entertainment) so maybe H1Z1 on other platforms :)

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/02/private-investment-firm-buys-out-sony-online-entertainment/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

calex71 wrote: »
    Sony have sold off S.O.E (Sony Online Entertainment) so maybe H1Z1 on other platforms :)

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/02/private-investment-firm-buys-out-sony-online-entertainment/

To an Investment Company though and not another game company.

It will either go either:

a) Very well - They may inject more cash into the projects the company is now involved with (e.g H1Z1) which means more money to improve on the game hiring more and talented people in return for higher quality product to attract consumers

b) Very bad - They may choke the game for every penny, introducing more Microtransactions & also potentially Pay 2 Win elements. Sacrifice Quality Control for the sake of money, make redundancies of staff due to companies merging etc resulting in a lesser product.

I guess we'll see how it pans out. It could be business are usual for the short term but could potentially change drastically throughout later in the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aw man, never gonna get to play this on PS4 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Varik wrote: »
    Will need event tickets probably then.

How does those tickets really work?

Per server or per game - what's the start and the expiry date?

Seamus1964 wrote: »
    How does those tickets really work?

Per server or per game - what's the start and the expiry date?

Per game I assume.

My advice play as much battle royal as possible now, which is hard as hell considering you're 300 in line of you jump on as soon as the server goes up and there's only 120 in a game.

Finished 5th and got a shirt skin and some extra tickets.

The play br is enough the need to fix how you get into those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Big patch coming today including server wipes:

Servers will come down at 7AM PST for approximately 4 hours.
    This will include a full server wipe and only allow for one character per server after the patch.
    It's also a full character wipe.

Release Notes
    Sitting will cancel auto-run.
    Fixed a bug where players can interrupt equip actions too quickly.
    Fixed an issue where ammo count could become incorrect if you interrupt a reload action.
    Objects making noise above or below you in a multi-story building will now be properly attenuated.
    Added slight zoom to all guns and bows in Iron Sight mode.
    Lowered sway on .308 rifle while in scoped mode.
    Fixed an issue with hydration burning too fast when stamina was full.
    Fixed a bug that would occasionally cause oddities on SLI setups
    Dropping an item from a world container places it at the players feet instead of the world container origin. The latter would hide it in the world container model.
    Vehicle stability adjustments – angular damping, moment of inertia, center of mass, tire friction and steering range tuning on the OffRoader, PickupTruck and PoliceCar.
    Working on getting the vehicles to be more stable and less likely to abruptly roll or flip (this will still be possible on rocks, rough terrain, and player placed objects) but trying to make them more fun and survivable.
    Fixed /respawn on PvE servers.
    Fixed self-damage on PvE servers; the players may be the source of damage to themselves without mitigation.
    Made players names reusable across servers. Names on each server must still be unique.
    Battle Royale: Cleaned up gas after matches.
    Battle Royale: gas damage reduced.
    Fixed certain points of interest not getting reported when players entered.
    Limited players to one character per server.
    Recipe Changes
    The makeshift shovel recipe now requires a metal sheet instead of a metal shard.
    The storage container recipe now requires more materials.
    The barbed wire recipe now requires wood planks and more metal shards.
    The snare recipes now requires more metal shards.
    The dew collector recipe now requires more wood planks and wood sticks.
    The ground tiller recipe now requires more metal shards.
    Bulk Changes - Many bulk changes have been made in an effort to meet somewhere in the middle of realistic and not annoying.
    Canned food is 25 instead of 100.
    All instances of water bottles are 25 instead of 50.
    Backpacks are 150 instead of 600.
    Military backpacks are 500 instead of 1400.
    Car batteries 300 instead of 100.
    Car fuel is 100 instead of 10.
    Wood logs are 50 instead of 100.
    Wood planks are 25 instead of 50.
    Campfires are 50 instead of 100.
    Scrap Metal is to 25 instead of 5.
    Metal Sheets are 100 instead of 50.
    Metal Pipes are 150 instead of 50.
    Shirts are 50 instead of 100.
    Jeans are 50 instead of 100.
    Many melee weapons have had their bulk reduced.
    First aid kits are 25 instead of 10.
    All meat is 15 instead of 5.
    Rifle ammo is 2 instead of 1.
    Shotgun shells are 5 instead of 1.
    Arrows are 5 instead of 1.
    Shirts can now only hold 50 bulk instead of 90.
    Pants can now only hold 50 bulk instead of 100.

And that's why I've not used my air drops.and crates.

Metal is going to be a pain so is the ammo and shirt/pants storage reductions.

Considering we're all back to square one, anyone want to start off on London.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭cork guitar player

So is looking to be more fun than DayZ currently is?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Currently, yes

Finding the odd bit of ammo in small amounts here and there, but not a single gun yet. Far better so far, only really seeing (hearing be more accurate) any big shootouts in the 2 big towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Currently running with an AR15, hunting rifle and two pistols. Not a lot of ammo though.
    If I find any its 1 or two bullets mostly for the pistol. Hunting rifle next where I have about 20 ammo but maybe one or two for the AR15 is all.

The odd time I can find a good bit more off zombies but that's pretty rare.

Found quite a few event tickets yesterday. First time.

Noxin wrote: »
    Currently running with an AR15, hunting rifle and two pistols. Not a lot of ammo though.
    If I find any its 1 or two bullets mostly for the pistol. Hunting rifle next where I have about 20 ammo but maybe one or two for the AR15 is all.

The odd time I can find a good bit more off zombies but that's pretty rare.

Found quite a few event tickets yesterday. First time.

Finding it to be the exact opposite, no guns but loads of ammo but still in only small amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Hopefully they make it so some guns spawn with ammo, I usually find small amounts of ammo from zombies.

Is there a chosen irish server yet?

London is closest to us I suppose...

ktulu123 wrote: »
    London is closest to us I suppose...

Not actually hosted in London, but name wise ye.

yeah i know, meant that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lighting got a big enough overall in the new patch. Game looks a good bit better now, at night especially. Had to check the patch notes to make sure, thought my eyes were playing tricks on me when I first logged in. Think it may be a bit to bloomy during the day though.

Refreshing having such frequent updates, really puts Dayz to shame.

Todays update was quite big alright, seems more zombies have been put in too. With Hordes coming soon :)

Here are the notes:
    Release Notes 12/02/2015
    Weapon Changes
    Lowered Hip Fire & Iron Sight horizontal recoil.
    Lowered damage.
    Improved overall consistency while firing.
    AR15
    Increased Hip Fire recoil.
    Shotgun
    Lowered damage per pellet.
    Lowered horizontal recoil.
    Lowered pellet count.
    Slightly increased fire rate.
    Adjusted pellet spread.
    Decreased pellet speed.
    Increased pellet weight.
    Decreased amount of bleeding caused when hit by shotgun.
    Bugfixes
    Updated Steam API to fix some crashes.
    Items that had the same placed and dropped item (like landmines) now have a different dropped item. You shouldn’t be able to accidentally drop them and blow yourself up anymore.
    Lighting has been given a significant overhaul, it should now look better in almost all circumstances. We’re not done yet, but this change should address any lighting problems that effect game play. You will most likely find some lighting artifacts(bright objects or strange glittering effects). We are aware and will address these as they come up. Feel free to report these.
    Fixed a bug in spawned item accounting that decreased spawn rate over time
    Objects will retain their orientation during placement mode when they change what surface they are being placed on.
    Free placed objects (ie, campfires, furnaces, animal traps, etc) cannot be stacked on top of each other.
    All placed objects can no longer collide with other objects, including player placed objects and static designer placed objects. This means that foundations cannot interpenetrate with other foundations, shacks, buildings, vehicles, roads, or anything else. Free placed objects also can’t interpenetrate with the same objects, excluding the object they are being placed on (ie, still be placed on a road, but not when colliding with a destroyed car).
    Fixed a bug with socket bound placement objects (ie, stairs on a foundation, barricade on a window, or anything that snaps to a fixed position) that allowed multiple of these objects to interpenetrate each other (a common case was stairs overlapping stairs).
    Cannot place free-placed objects on rocks and tree stumps
    Key bindings can now be re-mapped. After selecting an action, press the key to map to that action. Pressing [Esc] will cancel the key bind. Holding [Esc] will clear the currently mapped key. Users cannot bind a key to multiple actions in the same action set. Also added a button to reset all key bindings to default.
    Collision resist values adjusted for the vehicles to reduce the damage taken from impacts, particularly when landing hard on the suspension and wheels.
    Lighting system updated.
    All weather and light sources adjusted with new lighting values. Please report any strange behavior (i.e. flashlights too bright).
    Battle Royale
    [IMPORTANT] When the match ends, if you don't exit the match quickly, your game client may end up in an unconnected state. We're fixing this for the next update.
    Vehicle Spawn Counts set to be consistent with survival.
    End screen now shows your rank and your rewards.
    Map now displays a “safe zone” ring.
    Revamped fog movement phases.
    Adjusted rewards to more align with our final payouts (Excessive payouts previously were for testing purposes, BR is still not ready for the consumption of event tickets and will continue to get updates, thanks for helping us test and polish BR so far!)
    Removed crate keys from rewards
    Removed crates from 2nd-4th (1st place will still earn a crate along with all other current awards)
    Lowered the amount of tickets awarded for 1st-4th
    1st 2 tickets
    2nd 1 ticket
    3rd 1 ticket
    4th 1 ticket
    Added an Event Ticket reward for 9th-12th
    Keep in mind these rewards are based on a 48-64 player max BR, the 200 man BR will have a different set of rewards.

Also, here are a couple videos I uploaded yesterday of some interesting encounters I had a couple weeks ago, if ya wana take a look.

A guy trys to hold me & another dude up:

Some very strange people roam around Pleasant Valley:

Enjoy! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Username1_

Hey! Downloaded this today. Not really a big pc gamer but my pc is unable to load it? No chance of refund I guess. Thanks

The game isn't demanding so there may be an issue here, or else you pc is vastly underpowered or out of date.

Give us your PC specs & some more details about why it's not working & we might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Username1_

Ha think it may be my pc...It's on windows 7, 32-bit, processor is AMD phenom 8550 triple core processor, 2.2 ghz.... Hope this is wats needed. Thanks

Ms no longer tie you to one version or the other, you can download the 64 bit version and use you old serial key.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

what server is the main server these days?

my pc has been out of action with a suspected mb failure which turned out to be a fried cpu :(

should be back in action tonight or tomorrow

• Advertisement

There is now an EU server called "Bollocks" my home for now :D

Advertisement