Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1Z1

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

EoinHef wrote: »
    Why?

it's easily enough content for one game. they split the game in two and people have two games to buy. bear in mind they originally said the entire thing would be free to play. it's the usual developer money grab, like all that DLC and season pass nonsense. not to mention paying for crates and ****. these guys are pricks. don't support them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

froog wrote: »
    it's easily enough content for one game. they split the game in two and people have two games to buy. bear in mind they originally said the entire thing would be free to play. it's the usual developer money grab, like all that DLC and season pass nonsense. not to mention paying for crates and ****. these guys are pricks. don't support them.

I dont really see it that way,i had no interest really in the Battle Royale aspect of the game and the sandbox survival would be the part that would appeal to me. And that being free to play,IMO,would have led to more problems than charging a small fee. Im not sure if micro transactions will still be there if they are now charging for the game,hopefully not. If they remain they would have to be cosmetic or else i wont be putting much time into the game.

Part of it being a paid game that appeals to me also is that hopefully it means that the content is not gated and it will help reduce the grind that F2P games inevitabley have as they drive you to the in game market to help speed up/maintain progress. It may mean that they can be more liberal in there choices also with things like loot spawns,gear spawns,gather rates for resources etc where as if it remained free to play they would either put that stuff behind RNG/time wall,which means progress can slow to a halt at certain points,which is one of my biggest problems with most F2P games.

I would also think that €40 is not that extortionate assuming they do delvier two full games. Thats about €20 lower than most triple A's launch at. I think there may be benefits of the game being a paid game. As one poster above said it will also discourage hackers etc as €20 for a new account every time there caught would be prohibitive,and thats one improvement for sure.

I also understand that this is not what they first asked people to get on board for and in that respect i can understand someone feeling let down but for the moment im gonna hope its for the better. I could easily be proved wrong in the coming months though.

TL;DR
    I suppose in my case i really disliked the business model they proposed for F2P so im hoping having to pay a small fee for either game will allow them to be more liberal with there game design. Not have F2P RNG/time sync/ingame market nonsense. If they do keep the game as is though ie buying crates etc and also charge for it then that would then be a major problem imo,until then ill try remain positive about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 anniegrass?

Is anyone playing this? And is there any groups to join?

Nothing? This thread feels like the game, I suppose it's back to eating honey from a bottle sitting on a mountain of ammunition looking out for a horde that's never coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I jump on every now and then to play Battle Royale, it's good fun but I'm behind the curve so find it difficult to place.

All my friends bought this but have literally 2 hours put in, I guess it's just not popular.

• Advertisement

I tend to stick to the just survive game, it's a lot of gathering just for some bollocks to rock up and wipe you out,especially playing alone, I can see why people would get sick of it tho the characterwipe after every update can be soul destroying, also cars are alot more plentiful since the recent updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I tend to stick to the just survive game, it's a lot of gathering just for some bollocks to rock up and wipe you out,especially playing alone, I can see why people would get sick of it tho the characterwipe after every update can be soul destroying, also cars are alot more plentiful since the recent updates.

That's why I went battle Royale. No grinding and games only last about 40 minutes. You won't get character wiped because you don't have a character. I like an awful lot about this game but the grind is not one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got this in the Humble Monthly and on high settings it looks like a PS2 game.

It is really a poor looking game. Not getting any sound in game isnt very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

runs, looks and plays just like PUBG imo.

Also got it in this month's bundle...but I owned it anyways....so a free copy to whoever wants it.

Advertisement