Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1Z1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Why are you quoting "losers" ?, i never called you a loser. Ridiculous

8eql8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Edit,
    And out of curiosity, have sony ever charged an entry fee before to test one of their free2play games ?

You seemed to have conveniently missed my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

8eql8.png

Cat got your tongue ?

Sry, this thread is moving fast, im trying to reply to 2 people simultaneously:cool:

edit, sry 3 people

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Cat got your tongue ?

No, I just dont want to continue to debate with you, because you just getting pissed off, just for the sake of being pissed off. You just ignore, the actual IDEA of what they trying to do with early access.

• Advertisement

Ok, you said "Planetside 2 is a prime example of this. Testing period was about 2-3 months if I remember (alpha phase), then you could pay to support the game (about €40 at the time, which I paid) in beta"

Was this an optional fee ?

No, I just dont want to continue to debate with you, because you just getting pissed off, just for the sake of being pissed off. You just ignore, the actual IDEA of what they trying to do with early access.

Not really pissed off, but when you imply im calling testers "losers", ill call you on it.

"If you feel, that you are being ****ed over, then you are completely free not to pay any money and wait for all those other "losers", who payed 20eu to test game for you."

whatever dude.

Was this an optional fee ?

Yes, it was either that or wait until it was released. I got a crap load of camos and some extra weapons for paying.

Yes, it was either that or wait until it was released. I got a crap load of camos and some extra weapons for paying.

Ok.

And im not trying to argue with with you 3. ill simmer down now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There was free access to it pre-release but buying the €40 pack gave access to every stage and a load of in-game cash and other stuff, it's likely be the same here.

If you want to play it before the full release you'll have a choice of begging at ever twitter/facebook/ect giveaway for a code that may only work for a set time frame (alpha, beta, beta 2?) or buying this.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    There was free access to it pre-release but buying the €40 pack gave access to every stage and a load of in-game cash and other stuff, it's likely be the same here.

Yes, that was it - thanks for clarifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Well, so far I am not impressed by the game.
    To be fair, I would love to see more of Stalker style games and less of DayZ/Rust. I want to be afraid of seeing a zombie, not charge into them with knuckles and hatchets...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Don't see why people are moaning about the early access thing. If you don't like it, just wait ? This is common place with these F2P games, just accept it.

In the majority of cases you get ingame currency or items in exchange anyway, so its not like you're only paying to "test" their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Short video showcasing zombies: http://twitpic.com/e23akk

He said that isn't a lot of zombies, that's a sunday stroll.

edit: new trailer also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0-aBYPYSYw

There'll be a 12 hour stream on Tuesday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

Streaming the game again now, its just starting. /h1z1

Can not wait for this game to come out!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Same, it looks fecking class!!

Im sold on this, just watched half hour of nighttime gameplay and it looks fooking deadly.

Live radio steam on twitch now http://www.twitch.tv/h1z1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Bah, missed that^

Anything interesting?

I thought it was class! It was a radio broadcast telling the back story of the H1Z1 virus through various interviews with "survivors". Reminded me of "World War Z" (The Book) Enjoyed the whole thing, hopefully they get that sort of story into the game world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Big fan of Brooks' WWZ. Must look out for a DL of that broadcast so.

Dair. wrote: »
    Big fan of Brooks' WWZ. Must look out for a DL of that broadcast so.

http://www.twitch.tv/h1z1/c/4260821

For anyone that missed the stream, just about to watch it now myself! http://www.twitch.tv/h1z1/c/4294883

Was pretty interesting, can't wait to find one of the pre build compounds & start building up a base

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Still no ETA on the early access will be giving this a shot indeed. play 7 days to die a fair bit but no one else seems to and this looks like a more advanced version of that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Watched about 4 hours of most recent streams, this could actually turn out to be a good game. Might even grab an early alpha when it comes out in hopes to see some love for AMD CPUs. But I have my doubts, since it's the same engine PS2 uses.

It still looks really barebones at the moment so I'm hoping they'll hold off releasing it for another while otherwise it'll just give people a bad first impression of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

raymix wrote: »
    Watched about 4 hours of most recent streams, this could actually turn out to be a good game. Might even grab an early alpha when it comes out in hopes to see some love for AMD CPUs. But I have my doubts, since it's the same engine PS2 uses.

You should try planetside 2 again, there's been a lot of performance patches for it in the last few months.

Advertisement