Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1Z1

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Gameplay stream - http://www.twitch.tv/h1z1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Official E3 Demo:

Looks great, can't wait to check this out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

WTF is with the random deer at 4:48....place on a pylon on top of the bridge...haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Looking very nice indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Meh. Should I be impressed with IPhone clones from China aswell? No respect for copy-cats. Day-Z 4ever!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Snow looks good too
    https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/483728271578648576/photo/1
    Meh. Should I be impressed with IPhone clones from China aswell? No respect for copy-cats. Day-Z 4ever!!

I'd rather a game that actually works.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I love base building, reminds me so much of Rust. And thats a VERY GOOD thing.

When are they planing releasing alpha? I thought it was supposed to come out few weeks ago.

I love base building, reminds me so much of Rust. And thats a VERY GOOD thing.

When are they planing releasing alpha? I thought it was supposed to come out few weeks ago.

The plan was a few weeks ago, but afaik they changed their minds and wanted a larger feature set before going into alpha. Which is a good thing imo. Releasing it with little features will only give people a bad first impression.

The plan was a few weeks ago, but afaik they changed their minds and wanted a larger feature set before going into alpha. Which is a good thing imo. Releasing it with little features will only give people a bad first impression.

True. It needs to be at playable state for Alpha, not just a tech Demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Has anyone seen any ladders in this, there's none in planetside 2 as far as I can remember.

The only real method for escaping zombies and DayZ will kill you with them and H1Z1 won't even even give you a chance for a unexplained death screen or laggy fall.

With SOE taking control over the EU server side again, I'm looking forward to this now as I can get the alpha (price dependant) without too much to worry about.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any ladders in this, there's none in planetside 2 as far as I can remember.

The only real method for escaping zombies and DayZ will kill you with them and H1Z1 won't even even give you a chance for a unexplained death screen or laggy fall.

With SOE taking control over the EU server side again, I'm looking forward to this now as I can get the alpha (price dependant) without too much to worry about.

Probably isn't any ladders yet. Doesn't even have a fully working prone in (though it is almost done and will be in before launch).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Noblong wrote: »

Since my laptop is shyte, I've been dying for a post apocalyptic zombie open world game em up on the PS4. Can't wait for this!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Since my laptop is shyte, I've been dying for a post apocalyptic zombie open world game em up on the PS4. Can't wait for this!

Might not be that long of a wait after PC, might even be very near launch as they'll have a lot more experience with the PS4 after planetside. It's all miles out so it'll be PC with alpha and betas until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

RhinoCrunch may not be every bodies taste but its new footage,bout to sit down and watch it now.

A bit surprised Sony picked rhino as someone to show off the gameplay,didnt think he had enough subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Enough! When is it being released so it can take my money??

EoinHef wrote: »
    A bit surprised Sony picked rhino as someone to show off the gameplay,didnt think he had enough subs.

They've been inviting every big/slightly big streamer who lives in the area to the studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Good to see that Rhino guy was crying about the difficult level posed by the zombies. It always seemed a design flaw that in other games zombies were such a routine threat that there was no real need to co-operate with another player.

Sand wrote: »
    Good to see that Rhino guy was crying about the difficult level posed by the zombies. It always seemed a design flaw that in other games zombies were such a routine threat that there was no real need to co-operate with another player.

In DayZ they're are just an annoyance, and you're likely to either get killed by a glitch in combination with them or drawing the attention of another person.

Enough! When is it being released so it can take my money??

After watching that last video I am not impressed one bit. Video itself was really **** and spent whole time at night time. He was more talking about idealistic scenarios in game, then the actual experience he is having.

Unfortunately I dont know if these Survival games can be brought back to be "survival games" anymore. Back then these games were played the proper way and now all of them just became "who will get the biggest stick first and runs out to shoot on sight". Rust and DayZ became like this. This game being free to play will be same.

Im not overly impressed/excited by this yet either. I am keeping an eye on it though as i think it has potential. It lacks content so far but thats to be expected this early imo

Think people are forgetting this is also a console game,dayz and rust are PC only. I can see this being popular on console if they do it right because unless im wrong i know of no other console game that trys to offer a similar experience to dayz rust etc on console

As its free2play as well wont cost anybody anything to try it out

• Advertisement

Im not overly impressed/excited by this yet either. I am keeping an eye on it though as i think it has potential. It lacks content so far but thats to be expected this early imo

Think people are forgetting this is also a console game,dayz and rust are PC only. I can see this being popular on console if they do it right because unless im wrong i know of no other console game that trys to offer a similar experience to dayz rust etc on console

As its free2play as well wont cost anybody anything to try it out

I actually think that on Consoles it might be even worse. Just look at the Call of duty gamers on console. I really would hate to see those in survival games. dont understand me wrong, there are plenty of donkeys on pc. Though Call of Duty competitive players are the breed on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I think I saw an article where a CoD developer acknowledged that people who played CoD weren't really "gamers" at all. They had to churn out CoD clones because, not being games, their target audience had little tolerance for anything innovative. The same for FIFA games. There's a certain demographic out there who only buy consoles to play this year's version of Call of Duty and FIFA.

The idea of them migrating into another game is scary, but its also very unlikely. What is more likely and just as worrying is players from similar games migrating into the game. That's why zombies being OTT dangerous is appealing. It *could* push it back into the direction of a survival game rather than a very large TDM with some minor environmental management.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Im not overly impressed/excited by this yet either. I am keeping an eye on it though as i think it has potential.

I'm in the same boat and I love zombie games in general. It has promise etc but I am more looking forward to DayZ when it has alot more content. But I'll still keep an eye on H1Z1. I just don't think H1Z1 will have the same dread, paranoia inducing fear that DayZ does.

Cravez wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat and I love zombie games in general. It has promise etc but I am more looking forward to DayZ when it has alot more content. But I'll still keep an eye on H1Z1. I just don't think H1Z1 will have the same dread, paranoia inducing fear that DayZ does.

I don't know what you mean by content, from everything SOE have show H1Z1 will have more things to do.

Cravez wrote: »

I think it's easier to recreate that dread/paranoia than you think. Rust did it for me whilst it was in extremely early beta, with significantly less content and features than even DayZ SA has now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

In DayZ they're are just an annoyance, and you're likely to either get killed by a glitch in combination with them or drawing the attention of another person.
    Laughable zombies tbh.

I once culled 5 of them to follow me into a town. (took awhile)

Set them on a passer by.

Fun ensued.

I don't know what you mean by content, from everything SOE have show H1Z1 will have more things to do.

I think he meant hes looking forward to dayz SA more when it gets more content,not H1Z1. I said about H1Z1 and its content,or lack of it atm imo

From most of the videos ive seen of H1Z1,a lot of the stuff SOE are talking about has not being implemented yet.

I do think it will end up being a decent game,just looks aways off that atm imo

Anybody gonna pay for the beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Yeah I will pay for the beta, why not. If I can get a game a year before its released finished then sure. I like seeing the implements that developers add. Makes you appreciate the game more when you know the work that had gone on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I dunno, at the moment it looks like H1Z1 has more content than Day Z SA, but I'm open to correction on that as I've only been following updates of Day Z SA, haven't played it in a while. Stuff like building and vehicles are not present in Day Z SA from what I'm aware. And H1Z1 is still alpha, just like Day Z SA.

I like Day Z and want it to succeed, but I don't think it'll ever reach it's full potential, mainly due to the Arma engine, and I think Rocket has even admitted that this. H1Z1 has a much better chance of fulfilling it's potential due to a better engine in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Cool,i dont think ill be purchasing the beta but be interested to hear peoples opinions when they have a bit of hands on time.

Im not trying to compare H1Z1 in terms of content to dayz SA,i think both really lack content imo. Might need to check out a few recent videos,maybe i missed something. I was only making the comparison in terms of the type of game. And that its great to see its on console. I really think this game will do well on console and not so much on PC.

I do think H1Z1 will be a good game and has potential,just hope it gets realised.

Advertisement