Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H1Z1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Apparently at 10, just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Dayz will be quiet for the next week, get your loot on while you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

It's live now.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

No premium version up yet is causing some people problems but I'm downloading standard version now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ill probably buy this tomorrow,im keen to try out both pve and pvp.

• Advertisement

Premium up now. Love steam for downloads. 4.2gb in 6 min. Lovely. Gonna mess about for an hour now but have work in the morn so that's about all I'll do.

Noxin wrote: »
    Premium up now. Love steam for downloads. 4.2gb in 6 min. Lovely. Gonna mess about for an hour now but have work in the morn so that's about all I'll do.

What are these crates and keys the mention for premium?

Dcully wrote: »
    What are these crates and keys the mention for premium?

No idea really. The research I did says you'll get some items but no weapons etc... Just cosmetic items but not 100% sure on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Crates are in game air drops, keys might be for the Battle Royale servers. I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

And they went for €=$

• Advertisement

Pretty much. Told ya they would. I think the premium was slightly cheaper though.

btw, no one can log in. So don't be in any rush to try it out :D

Pretty much. Told ya they would. I think the premium was slightly cheaper though.

btw, no one can log in. So don't be in any rush to try it out :D

In bed, not doing anything for the next 7 hours and it's off to work.

Going to blame Valve for this, considering the other SOE stuff it better converted.

Anyone get any game time yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Players are confirming the crates/airdrops contain weapons, ammo & military camo gear. Alot of people very upset about it. Rightly so in a way as they said Airdrops/crates would be cosmetic only. Hopefully this is just the loot table messed up on it or something thats being done for the interim/early access and won't be so in full release.

Cravez wrote: »
    Players are confirming the crates/airdrops contain weapons, ammo & military camo gear. Alot of people very upset about it. Rightly so in a way as they said Airdrops/crates would be cosmetic only. Hopefully this is just the loot table messed up on it or something thats being done for the interim/early access and won't be so in full release.

From what I'd heard, those drops are normal and the payed items just initiate extra points which the player might not be the one to get a la crates in call of duty.

That not the case.

Didn't bother hanging around last night myself. Just went to bed.

I'm disappointed to learn that weapons and what not are dropping from crates. They said they're patching the drop rates / radius today or tomorrow but it's not gonna be removed. I've been debating if it's turning me off or not and decided it's not going to. It does however mean that I am now KoS. If I see someone, I'll aim to kill them asap. Not taking a chance on getting chatty with some bum, only to find out he has a shotgun hidden in is back pocket.

Will see if I get a chance to play later and update as to how I find it. Still.... weapons in crates. :(:(

==edit==

also apparently they want to use them as a sort of "server event". You can only call in with 1/4 full or more pop server. They attract a **** load of zombies and the plane is loud and obvious when it appears to make people have to fight over them. I can see how it'll add to the chaos..

Tried to log on til 5 this morning. No luck. The servers must be getting a thumping.

As far as the loot crates are concerned, I like noxin am now kos. I'm not paying a few euro week to help me gear up when I can hopefully blast little harry away and take his gear that his mommy bought him.

Thanks little harry xxx

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Meh, not interested in paying to be a beta tester. As this is SOE and it's in the Planetside 2 Engine, there's a far greater likelihood of this at least getting finished, but I'll wait till it's done to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

KOS. Meh, losing interest now...

• Advertisement

Dair76 wrote: »
    KOS. Meh, losing interest now...

Nothing says you have to KOS. I'm sure plenty of people will want to work together. :pac:

Yeah, sure they will.

Yeah, sure they will.

There's servers with no pvp, otherwise you're always going to get kos from a decent percentage of people for these games.

Has anyone actually played yet? Won't get a chance tonight, mother Guinness calls straight after work buy I'm eager to know if its optimized and fps etc

Varik wrote: »
    There's servers with no pvp, otherwise you're always going to get kos from a decent percentage of people for these games.

Of course you are. But it doesn't help when the design choices actually promote KOS. Was just hoping for some different thinking.

Has anyone actually played yet? Won't get a chance tonight, mother Guinness calls straight after work buy I'm eager to know if its optimized and fps etc

Won't be bug free but it's the planetside engine which has been out 2+ years with a fair share of optimization along the way, it's used to 2000 people nuking each other. From the steam it seems to run fine, other than people not being able to get on.

Of course you are. But it doesn't help when the design choices actually promote KOS. Was just hoping for some different thinking.

They may eventually but until then there are pve Servers and a few invite only rp pvp severs where it won't be kos.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Nothing says you have to KOS. I'm sure plenty of people will want to work together. :pac:

Been on nearly 8hrs now met loads of people only one tried to smash my head in the others were more then helpful.

Watched a few different streamers there and strangely enough, there's very little kos going on.
    Apparently post apocalyptic people are very trusting.... the fools!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Honestly i've zero interest in playing if you can just call in an airdrop and then be fully kitted.

Advertisement