Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40ft container from china to Dublin

Options
  • 10-04-2014 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello Folks,

Just wondering how much roughly it would cost to get a 40ft container from China to Dublin, including all insurance, charges by Dublin Port, cost of getting container delivered from port to Dublin address etc.

If any of you have done this perhaps you might let me know of the rough total cost involved.

One other thing, does the weight of the goods in the container effect the price at all? For example would a crate filled with lead cost the same to transport as one filled with polystyrene?

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭Adverts.ie: Eddie

Moved from the Adverts.ie Talk To forum. I think this is the best place for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

Emmalu80 wrote: »
    Hello Folks,

Just wondering how much roughly it would cost to get a 40ft container from China to Dublin, including all insurance, charges by Dublin Port, cost of getting container delivered from port to Dublin address etc.

If any of you have done this perhaps you might let me know of the rough total cost involved.

One other thing, does the weight of the goods in the container effect the price at all? For example would a crate filled with lead cost the same to transport as one filled with polystyrene?

Thanks for your help.

Ballpark €3000 + VAT but rates go up and down a bit.

Search for the word China in this forum and read all about it before you do anything, its all been answered before.

As regards weight there are limits to what a lorry can carry so you won't fill a 20' with lead never mind a 40' so don't worry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

relaxed wrote: »
    Ballpark €3000 + VAT but rates go up and down a bit.

Search for the word China in this forum and read all about it before you do anything, its all been answered before.

As regards weight there are limits to what a lorry can carry so you won't fill a 20' with lead never mind a 40' so don't worry about that.

Good morning relaxed.

€ 3000 seems to be a bit over the odds looking at rates for April. Also, the only element that would be subject to VAT @ 23% is the delivery from port to door (About € 200). All other charges (Oceanfreight, Terminal handling, customs clearance etc) are not subject to VAT.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Emmalu80 wrote: »
    Hello Folks,

Just wondering how much roughly it would cost to get a 40ft container from China to Dublin, including all insurance, charges by Dublin Port, cost of getting container delivered from port to Dublin address etc.

Thanks for your help.

Good morning,

I have sent you a PM with some figures for shipment in April

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭protelos

Hi Rudolf289,
    If it would be possible to send me on the info also it would be much appreciated.
    thank you and have a great weekend all!!!
    P

• Advertisement

protelos wrote: »
    Hi Rudolf289,
    If it would be possible to send me on the info also it would be much appreciated.
    thank you and have a great weekend all!!!
    P

Hello protelos,

PM sent

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement