Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bypassing On/Off Switch

Options
  • 10-04-2014 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello all,
    Just wondering if somebody can point me in the right direction to bypass this switch?

photo.JPG

It's from a power washer, a new switch costs the guts of €100, so i wouldn't mind just having it on when i plug it in instead of using the switch..
    Thanks
    Luke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

it's a manual starter w/overload

2 of the poles are wired in series for the neutral, and the phase goes through the 3rd pole(i think)

you can't bypass it safely as you'd lose your overload protection and local control of machine

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭frankmul

Why exactly are you trying to bypass it, will it not start or is it stopping after a period of time. There could be a problem with the motor causing it to trip out on overload

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Smasher355

The switch is rusted and not working at all, so i cant turn on the washer at all..

I've sorted this out though..
    I just connected the negatives and positives together to complete the circuit, and my new on/off switch is plugging the machine in and out..
    It's only a temporary fix until i get a new switch!
    I wonder if theres any other basic on/off switch that could be used instead of the factory one that costs a fortune?

Thanks for the replies
    Luke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

try the wholesalers

the enclosure (switch box) is part of the machine body right?

so you'd presumably have to get a match for the starter itself and cannot replace with new starter+enclosure?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Smasher355

I could just get this part alright, but its too pricey..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151236580674&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

I may just stick to the method i'm using now for a while instead, just have the switch bypassed altogether!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

That would be best

Advertisement