Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newlands Cross to Convention Centre Travel Time

Options
  • 10-04-2014 7:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi,

I am staying at Newlands Cross tonight and need to be in the Convention Centre for 09:15 in the moorning.

How long do you think I need to allow to drive in there on a Friday morning?

Not from Dublin, hence the question.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

If you're driving I'd leave Newlandscross around 7am. You'll get there around 7.45 but you can relax and have a coffee. The traffic along the quays gets very heavy from 7.30 onwards.

I sometimes drive from parkwest down to the O2 and I've always found driving down Thomas St and turning left at Christ church and right onto the quays far quicker than coming in by Heuston station.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

You could also do a park and ride from the red cow luas. I'm guessing it's takes 50 mins to get to the convention centre. You take the Point luas and get off at the Spenser Dick station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Was going to say one hour to be comfortable. Could and probably will take less (~45mins) but can't take that chance. Most cities aren't great for travelling straight through the center during rush hour and Dublin is no exception. If anything probably worse than others. You could go earlier and reduce travel time significantly and have breakkie there as another poster suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Jumping on the luas would be the best option - 20 minute walk to the luas stop & 35 mins to CCD

Advertisement