Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Hotel in NY

Options
  • 10-04-2014 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a family friendly hotel for a week in July.
    2 adults and 2 kids (7 and 17)
    Would be looking for 1 room 4-5 nights
    Would prefer to be reasonably central and reasonably priced.
    Not looking for spa pool etc
    Any suggestions?

Ta
    R

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

what is your definition of reasonable? I recently stayed at the Affina Shelburne (lexington ave/37th) which was great location - easy to get to mid-town and subways (25 minute walk to rockefeller center) and it averaged out to $225 a night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

What sort of price you looking at?
    Recently I stayed in the hilton garden inn in chelsea. Right i the heart of the flower district. very easy getting to everything and the hotel was nice. Stay away from the Marrakech Hotel in NY. glorified hostel. lastminute.ie were really pushing this place and there were a load of irish in it the time I was there.
    When looking for a hotel room I would advise checking that they have air conditioning. I know it is meant to be standard but I wouldn't take the risk with ny in july.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭RachealB

Hi,
    Try the following
    Holiday Inn west 31st... Near Macys Area
    Comfort Inn West 34st/Free Brekkie... Near Macys
    Manhattan Hotel Timesquare area.. Cant get great discount rates
    Let me know what areas you dont want to stay, went there with kids smiliar ages and they loved the above hotels. All around 200 e a night .

Advertisement