Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed direct debit on fully paid off Credit card

Options
  • 10-04-2014 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

On the 11/3/14 I got my mastercard bill of 750.56 as usual.

Obviously I made a few purchased over the course of the rest of march.

On the 27/3/14 I paid 400 into my mastercard. This was received on the 28th.

On the 31/3/14 I paid 600 into my mastercard. This was recieved on the 1/4/14. No april fools there.

So effectively the balance on my credit card was 0 and cleared.

A full 7 days (5 working days) later BOI attempt to do a direct debit from my account. On the 8th this fails (obviously, since my current account doesn't have that much money any more!!!) and I get charged 3.17 for a failed direct debit. If the DD had gone through I'd have been +700 up on my credit card anyway. Which is madness.

Please don't blame SEPA for this...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi rn[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We are very sorry to hear you feel this charge was applied in error.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]As you mention, the funds were credited to your Credit Card 5 working days prior to the direct debit, we would certainly advise you to contact Card Services and a representative can look into this further for you and review the unpaid charge also.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can contact Card Services on 0818 365 365 / 00353 5677 57747.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask us here.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

Advertisement