Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Marriage Course

Options
  • 10-04-2014 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi all, really sorry if this has been addressed in the a previous post but could someone tell me how far in advance of the wedding can the pre-marriage course be done?

I've read on other forums that their is no limit and it can be done at any time. However, I rang Accord this morning and they told me it has to be done within approx 9 months of the wedding. The lady I was speaking to wasn't really convinced herself. Her exact line was "They kinda like it done within 9 months of the wedding."

We are getting married in 2016 and have the date set. I know we have plenty of time to get organised but have a lot on in 2015 and would like to get it done sooner rather than later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Well we just had a sit down with our priest last week to make arrangements for 2015. He told us all of the documentation required for the church had to be done within 3 months of the wedding, so we'd organise that next February.

However, he told us, if we wanted to be cracking away with some things, the marriage course and the legal side can be done at any time and suggested we do these over the summer (he was speaking with Accord in mind, as he gave us their brochure).

We'll be doing ours in August.

Advertisement