Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new ICBF Proofs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

You don't know what to do, what d'ya mean, as in sell her or abort her??
    Smaller cow usually means smaller twins or will calve early so just give her extra ration and minerals if you use the powder.

No she isn't a great milker and you have to keep all calves till 5 months of age for the bdgp scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

No she isn't a great milker and you have to keep all calves till 5 months of age for the bdgp scheme

Might want to double check that, Tanko sold a couple of twins as calves from it and as far as I know it hasn't affected him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Just got a quick look there, very few active Bulls & only with 5 AI companies, no Wean weight info & no wean price info.
    Some Active Bulls can't be got & some in recent catalogues not active.
    Then yoyo stars as mentioned ... Frustrating & all

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭FeelTheBern

Is the proofs file gone off the site now? Glanced at it earlier but can't seem to find it now.

Huge increase for ZAG on Replacement going by Croot's numbers above. How did those ZAG calves turn out for you after Croot?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

Is the proofs file gone off the site now? Glanced at it earlier but can't seem to find it now.

Huge increase for ZAG on Replacement going by Croot's numbers above. How did those ZAG calves turn out for you after Croot?
    Fairly good. Slightly plain calves if off a plain cow but nice all the same with good growth rates. I sold all the Bulls from last year a few weeks ago and they did ok but trade was poor after brexit. I've never seen quieter Lims. As quiet as any charlaois.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Might want to double check that, Tanko sold a couple of twins as calves from it and as far as I know it hasn't affected him.

Yeah, i had two sets of twins last year and sold one of each set before they were six weeks old. I never heard anything about it and it didn't affect the payment.

This is what I thought

This is what I thought
    I wonder if you have more cows than the reference number would that make a difference. If your reference is 25 but you have 26. It might be worth checking with dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

That's exactly it. If the calf is sold before 5 months then that cow is not eligible for the scheme. But if you can still reach your reference number without her then it makes no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭RD10

croot wrote: »
    Its an excel sheet with the updated figures. You just need to find the bull you want in the sheet.

Quick look at some of my replacements

ZLL is down from 269 to 195
    ZAG is up from 125 to 184
    BZB is down from 196 to 161
    FSZ is up from 91 to 102
    LGL is up from 26 to 47
    GJB is up from 109 to 154
    SBU is up from 141 to 153

and finally APZ is back baby

from 44 to 119

Have more heifers calving to zag so thats great. Cant seem to get into it on phone here. Can anyone tell me if fty and gwo are gone up or down?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

FTY 112 was 91
    gwo 133 was 73

Looks like you backed a winner this time, what odds did you get?:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭RD10

blue5000 wrote: »
    FTY 112 was 91
    gwo 133 was 73

Looks like you backed a winner this time, what odds did you get?:D

Jes thats great! Have a Few heifer calves off older cows, that are more than likely going this year that i'd like to keep replacrments off. How did ADX do?
    I've a lovely APZ calf i'd love to keep. Quite as a mouse. All the right qualities, except she's a He!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

has the file been changed from what was shared yesterday.. i'm unable to find the file agin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Ya it was taken down again.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

adx 46 maternal, 126 terminal

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Canaryblue

Didn't get a chance to download the file while it was up. Would anyone be able to tell me how the Charolais bulls Castor (CH2217), First (CH2216) and Vittoz (Ch2204) did?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

Canaryblue wrote:
    Didn't get a chance to download the file while it was up. Would anyone be able to tell me how the Charolais bulls Castor (CH2217), First (CH2216) and Vittoz (Ch2204) did?

Hope they don't change the stars when we get final report... I would pause on data for now

Canaryblue wrote: »
    CH2204 €90M €93T
    CH2216 €101M €154T
    CH2217 €120M €124T
    CH2066 €64M €170T

Farrell wrote: »
    CH2204 €90M €93T
    CH2216 €101M €154T
    CH2217 €120M €124T
    CH2066 €64M €170T

Thanks very much Farrell! That'll keep the old fella happy for the moment, he was asking every 5 minutes if they were out yet, like a child at Christmas :D

Thanks very much Farrell! That'll keep the old fella happy for the moment, he was asking every 5 minutes if they were out yet, like a child at Christmas :D
    Have you any calves from then Bulls?

• Advertisement

Farrell wrote: »
    Have you any calves from then Bulls?

3 calves born in the last 2 months by Vittoz, all out of Blelack Digger cows. Big calves but they were all born unassisted. Very impressive calves so far, really long and great style. Hoping to get a few more heifers off him as they should make great cows. Have a cow calving to First in November, nothing off Castor till April I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

they out-where at?

3 calves born in the last 2 months by Vittoz, all out of Blelack Digger cows. Big calves but they were all born unassisted. Very impressive calves so far, really long and great style. Hoping to get a few more heifers off him as they should make great cows. Have a cow calving to First in November, nothing off Castor till April I think.
    Is there a reason you're using high maternal Bulls & do you have pics of the calves

some the angus bulls took a big hit..others zoomed up! must have changed the computer programming!! into angus..so didn't check the other breeds--say mayb same senario

What are pte and cyi like . or can you see pte side he's dead

check re icbf

What are pte and cyi like . or can you see pte side he's dead

PTE €81M & €147T

Ok everyone forget about all the figures posted in the last two days. The lottery isn't over yet it seems. ICBF have this warning up.

Anyone want to take bets on what AI company or Breed Society influences the final figures the most over the next few weeks?

395345.jpg

We have a spy amongst us.:eek:
    Maybe this file is the real one, then they send it out to the ai companies for approval and what eventually appears is the 'watered down' version. The older I get the more cynical I become.

'Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.'

• Advertisement

blue5000 wrote: »
    We have a spy amongst us.:eek:
    Maybe this file is the real one, then they send it out to the ai companies for approval and what eventually appears is the 'watered down' version. The older I get the more cynical I become.

'Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.'
    AI companies? Think it's only 1

Advertisement