Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new ICBF Proofs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭tanko

Ah they'll have to publish the latest calving figures st least. These are fierce important for the AI Bulls especially for use on heifers.

You're right, but it looks like they're not going to. The excuse on their website for not updating the info they have is some pile of crap.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Ah they'll have to publish the latest calving figures st least. These are fierce important for the AI Bulls especially for use on heifers.

Patsy they're in nettleman's link, slide over to the right of the spreadsheet.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Canaryblue

So any idea which of the 4 metrics should be trusted the most?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭mikeoh

[li]The roll-out of beef genomic evaluations by ICBF and Teagasc has been deferred until August. This decision was taken at an ICBF beef industry meeting which took place on Monday 25 April 2016.[/li]"

I hope they push back the farmers date deadlines aswell............missing 3 months of a breeding season due to lack of data will put a farmer back 12 months in finding the 5* replacements they want

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭mikeoh

Bellview wrote: »
    once icbf won't be the cause of it..

what my birdie tells me is Angus have scored wel... of the 400 odd bulls, less than 20 have declined in april. ZLL took a big drop but he is coming off a high numbers.
    Dropping ZLL figure is no harm ...it will make the target needed for cows to become 4/5* lower!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,807 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

blue5000 wrote: »
    Patsy they're in nettleman's link, slide over to the right of the spreadsheet.

Cheers Blue,
    There's the w'end gone now.:D
    Just had a glance through them there.

I see the new Char bull CH2066 in NCBC has gone from a calving diff of 8.4 @34% Rel to 4.5% @55%Rel with Genomics.
    I see where the problem is. No way that bull is 4.5% calving.

The older well proven bulls don't change though.
    Malibu (MBU) goes from 3.9 to 3.7% calving. Nino (NIN) 4.8 to 4.4% calving.
    Similar figures for both these bulls, with and without genomics, too for Replacement and Terminal.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

Cheers Blue,
    There's the w'end gone now.:D
    Just had a glance through them there.

I see the new Char bull CH2066 in NCBC has gone from a calving diff of 8.4 @34% Rel to 4.5% @55%Rel with Genomics.

Similar figures for both these bulls, with and without genomics, too for Replacement and Terminal.

Just click on the binoculars on the top right hand corner, then type the name/code of the bull in the box that appears, makes it easier than scrolling through 100's of bulls.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Canaryblue

I'm seeing all different figures for the bulls you mentioned, CH2066 is 5.8 and 6.2% with and without genomics. Did I download the wrong fecking results?

Canaryblue wrote: »
    I'm seeing all different figures for the bulls you mentioned, CH2066 is 5.8 and 6.2% with and without genomics. Did I download the wrong fecking results?

No I think you're on the right page ok, now you know why we were all supposed to be left in the dark;)

Canaryblue wrote: »

I checked again just there. It was the 6th April figures I was looking at. I downloaded the MS Excel file, where it says 'click here for test proofs', the 4th one down;

http://www.icbf.com/?page_id=2650

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭FeelTheBern

Whichever of the four Replacement values you look at, Dovea's EBY has gone up by at least €40 and KJB has dropped from €125 to less than €100.

Hard to plan with that info...

Whichever of the four Replacement values you look at, Dovea's EBY has gone up by at least €40 and KJB has dropped from €125 to less than €100.

Hard to plan with that info...

Feck, have some KJB heifers here. It just goes go show that ICBF stats for the maternal index are basically just guesswork unless their reliability is above 90%.

Can't open that file here, has OZS and ONI changed much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭limo_100

tanko wrote: »
    Feck, have some KJB heifers here. It just goes go show that ICBF stats for the maternal index are basically just guesswork unless their reliability is above 90%.

Can't open that file here, has OZS and ONI changed much?

I'm starting to think that now aswell I actually was believing what they were telling us. Oni is gone from 151 to 143 and Ozs is gone from 108 to 112 so they stayed round the same. I'll you something for noting OZS has turned out one of the best bulls of his generation hes an outstanding bull

Yeah, I ilke OZS. I'll say one thing for him, the docility of his calves is excellent, he breeds the quietest lims of any lim bull I've ever used.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Anyone use the Shorthorn bull Lismacool Jerome S2169. Eurogene have him.

Yeah, I ilke OZS. I'll say one thing for him, the docility of his calves is excellent, he breeds the quietest lims of any lim bull I've ever used.
    I'm finding ADX cows fierce quiet too. Very little milk though.

I cant say I find any limousin bull wild and i'v had them all

limo_100 wrote: »
    I cant say I find any limousin bull wild and i'v had them all

OEI ???

OEI ???

had a few cows by him ant say I passed and remarks on them in fairness nsq the same but both were short lived as cows no milk. there not to many limousin bulls knocking about with milk these days bar a few

Is the famous APZ back up to five stars yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

OEI ???

Had a few calves by him, mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭oneten

Is the famous APZ back up to five stars yet?

no move

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

He only came available like allot of their new Bulls in the Autumn.
    Say people are only starting to use them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,599 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Do icbf get a levy off each insemination?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

whelan2 wrote: »

That's a very good question!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Farrell wrote: »
    He only came available like allot of their new Bulls in the Autumn.
    Say people are only starting to use them now.

I didn't notice that, but now you mention it you're right. I was always threatening to use his sire Creaga Dice. Anyway I chanced him on a Pb Charolais cow yesterday. We'll see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

Thinking of bulling an ADX heifer here are they really that bad for milk?

Bigbird1 wrote: »
    Thinking of bulling an ADX heifer here are they really that bad for milk?
    Have 4 ADX heifers here. All of milky cows. All short of milk. In fact had 2 calve this year (one a cow) and not let down any milk at all after calving. Took a day for the milk to come. Both didn't drop the pins either before calving. Strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

whelan2 wrote: »

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

whelan2 wrote:

Only the tags which last week I found out we can refuse to pay. My next order will be reduced by 18 cent a tag..

Advertisement