Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toronto Airport - stopover

Options
  • 10-04-2014 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Travelling to Canada in the summer, to Winnipeg via Toronto Pearson. We have a seven hour wait after we land in Toronto until we board for Winnipeg, I was just wondering would there be anywhere reasonably close to the airport we could go for something to eat and stretch the legs? Dont feel like staying in the airport that long, my daughter is 3 and a half and dont think she'd like it any more that we would!

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

Takes about 35-40 mins to drive downtown from the airport and that's without much traffic. If traffic was bad you could be looking at over an hour each way.

You'd be best off going to Mississauga or Brampton. Plenty of restaurants and cafes there, I've not spent much time in either place so can't recommend anything.

Or else go to one of the airport hotels for something to eat. There's plenty to choose from.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Pretty sure I've read here that you have to collect your bags at Toronto airport, regardless of onwards flights, so bear that in mind. I don't know how soon you can check them back in again.

Advertisement