Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Marina getting a €4.5m upgrade

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Way to much sense!! they will never start works anywhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

Brilliant, will give the doggers stuff to look at and hide behind.

if the incompetancy of the mardyke is something to go on, they might as well buy some magic beans and plant them.

what a load of crap. there is a pothole on monaghan road the last 6 years they haven filled in but yeh, the park needs 2,5 million. bunch of money munching mongoloids with no clue about the value of money, the cost of things or an iota of what the people they represent want.

oh, TWO designated play areas!!!! twice as many things for them to F**k up. the under 12s simulated car crash merry go round should be excellent.

tis rather silly indeed. Do they even listen to the public anymore with ideas. I don't think anyone wants them to do all this crap. just to use the showgrounds, even for the kids racing their cars or something for the locals to do around cork for the people not for fecking bringing visitors in..

I still don't understand how they plan to do all this work aswell without disturbing the birds nesting in the parks

Wait, it's 4.5 MILLION!!!!!!!

On what!

4.5 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 point 5

four . five million.

it better be filled with crack cocaine, hookers and free beer on tap for that kind of money

where can i see these plans and a cost breakdown?

Did you not read it properly they are putting in pergolas twill be divine!! sure that's well worth a few million

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    Did you not read it properly they are putting in pergolas twill be divine!! sure that's well worth a few million

i read it, their version of a pergolas is taking off the roof.

So 500 quid for 2 x polish subcontractors.
    1000 for a skip.

next.
    we have 4,498,500 of this to get through.
    hurry it up a bit.

And then they will have to make this roof that will cover the open top pergola when it rains which it will. Ah they are mad think they just like making up these figures and projects to keep them busy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

lolosaur wrote: »
    i read it, their version of a pergolas is taking off the roof.

So 500 quid for 2 x polish subcontractors.
    1000 for a skip.

next.
    we have 4,498,500 of this to get through.
    hurry it up a bit.

Dont forget Johnny down the road,who will do the painting for only €750,000.

Where does that leave us-€3,748,500.Over to ye to think up a few more things.Dont forget Kenneth O'Flynns petrol bill when checking how the progress is going.

Milly33 wrote: »
    And then they will have to make this roof that will cover the open top pergola when it rains which it will. Ah they are mad think they just like making up these figures and projects to keep them busy

Just in case i have my idea of a pergola wrong, it is a cross beamed structure with an open top right? just wooden beams essentially?

Yep that would be about right, but we are talking about a council pergola.. Which means it will probably end up looking like Aviva stadium or something.. You saw what they done to the roundiebout up the road..

• Advertisement

no? which one?

Ah mcgonigle was involved they thought it would be a great idea to take away the roundiebout up by the Silver Quay bar and put a traffic light system up there instead. What a mess the made, lights everywhere and very confusing if you are coming from Mahon side, loverly cycle lane that stops starts and stops again and also provides parking to the sporting crowds and people going to the pub..

i saw that, i thought a child came up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

The new Mardyke Gardens, due to open by the end of May, will feature a bespoke outdoor concert area as the centrepiece with the award-winning Sky Garden facing the River Lee and hundreds of new ornamental plans and trees.

Is this the famous Sky Garden your man won some award for over in Chelsea a while back and nobody had a skip big enough for it to go in?

And this May they speak of 2015 yeah? Thanks for making that clear

Yep that is the one they speak off. Again another waste of money they had it stored outside down in the showgrounds (shows how much they value it as the didn't even have it covered) for nearly a year or two.. There is another thread about it supposable he spent a lot of money on the plants and they were taken out and the workers thought they were rubbish so now all of them were wasted.

Really annoying how they get away with spending the money like this, so frustrating when a lot more could be done with it.. again muppets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

I have no doubt that the new Marina Park will give the council the opportunity to install another 20 traffic lights in the area.

All council policies seem to be aimed at increasing the number of traffic lights in the city. Are they on commission ?

there is no where in that area that traffic lights are needed.

Also, they need to get rid of the pedestrian crossing by the shell garage on the bottom of monaghan/victoria road. parked cars block the junction on the left side meaning a pedestrian is half way out before you notice them.

its stupid.

im quite amazed they have not had a bash off ruining the lee field walk.

Advertisement