Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overnight trip

• 10-04-2014 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Lads,
    Me and a mate are going on our first overnight bike trip. Any suggestions for a route? I don't want to be on the bike for the whole day obviously but don't mind covering some distance. And I want to avoid motorways cause they're boring.
    Cheers,
    Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Where are you starting from?
    Where would you like to stay the night?
    Are you going to stay in a hotel, B&T or are you going to camp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Could do the photo rally points in the north west and north east of the country in a loop and back down to the Big Smoke (assuming thats where you from)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Guessing Kildare due to your username..

I'd go Kildare-Clifden-Westport-Enniskillen-Kildare. Probably staying in Westport. Just stay off the major roads on the first and last section and you're laughing. Around 4 hours each day so you're not pushing it too hard either.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Guessing Kildare due to your username..

I'd go Kildare-Clifden-Westport-Enniskillen-Kildare. Probably staying in Westport. Just stay off the major roads on the first and last section and you're laughing. Around 4 hours each day so you're not pushing it too hard either.
    If you're doing that trip it's a nice spin from Headford across through Cong into Maam Cross and up to Clifden rather than the road out of Galway to Maam Cross .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

Sorry for asking a question and then disappearing lads. I wasn't around for a few days.
    Thanks to those that replied. I'll be looking at those routes now and seeing if they're suitable for our abilities and what we're looking for.

We'll be setting out from Kildare or Dublin.
    We would like to stay in a hostel, b&b or cheap hotel this time round.

It is a practice run for a week long trip in June.

Thanks again lads,

Eoin

Advertisement