Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man on dole driving around 141 focus

Options
  • 10-04-2014 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Howdy.

I have to get this off my chest.

I work. 40 hours a week. pay my tax etc. Working since I was 18. I wanted to upgrade the 07 car I have there a couple of months ago but couldn't afford it etc as I have two kids, rent is €600 a month and the last time I saw a 20 pound note was back in the early eighties........

I know this man who has been on the dole for the last 8 years and is still on the dole. He came into the shop yesterday driving a 141 focus. I asked him did he win it and he said "No, I said I'd spoil myself"......

I felt like saying "yeah spoil yourself on my tax"!!!!!!!

tis a great little country lads.....

Are we all ****ing fools or what?

We have me, ****in fool number 1, working and paying serious tax whilst at the same time this other "bollix" is now driving around a 141 focus, has a council house which probably costs him €30 a week, probably gets payment for the cat and dog, coal, sex toys..... etc..

What's going on in this country? Are we all happy?

We should be out burning cars and stuff and marching like they do in Greece etc.....

People's thoughts on this.....

Right fair enough there are some people out there that are in dire straights and need the welfare to survive etc. But most of these fellows getting the dole are lazy bastards. They have everything paid for them by the state.

Also who came up with the idea for welfare payments for food for cats, dogs.... Was this TD on drugs?

Also should I rat the ****er out......

Comments

Maybe the car was his wife's or a friends or he'd rented it or its a replacement car while his is in the garage. Nice to see that you have such a high opinion of those who aren't currently, after all it's through choice and not a lack of jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

What welfare payment can you get for animals.????

For all you know this man could have won/ inherited money to get the car. just saying. But yeah it is annoying to see people sit on their arse all say and are handed money left right and centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'd be very surprised if anyone on the dole could buy a brand new car, it would take a hell of a lot of saving. You don't know the first thing about where the money came from, maybe he won it, an inheritance...but you would rather jump to conclusions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Maybe he got a windfall through a litigation claim or an inheritance?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Maybe he is better at handling money than you. Maybe he sells drugs. Maybe he gets paid for secret services to government and pretends to be on the dole.
    600 a month rent? I pay 1200 wheres my Nama.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭les succulent ducks

Maybe the car was his wife's or a friends or he'd rented it or its a replacement car while his is in the garage. Nice to see that you have such a high opinion of those who aren't currently, after all it's through choice and not a lack of jobs.

Hi There.

I have done my home work on this dude. His did not win it, Not his wife's car, Not his friends car, Not a rented car, Not a replacement car. He bought the car. If I had known it was anything but, this rant would not have happened....

Also I have every right to have a "high opinion" on this subject. I'm pissed off. That's why I have a "high opinion". I work my hole off whilst this man drives around in a span new €26,860 car.

I have more or less paid for this car.........

Hi There.

I have done my home work on this dude. His did not win it, Not his wife's car, Not his friends car, Not a rented car, Not a replacement car. He bought the car. If I had known it was anything but, this rant would not have happened....

Also I have every right to have a "high opinion" on this subject. I'm pissed off. That's why I have a "high opinion". I work my hole off whilst this man drives around in a span new €26,860 car.

So you hired a private detective to make enquiries or did you simply ask a few people and get the answer you wanted. You have no idea where the car or money came from, I know that if someone started asking questions about my finances I'd tell them that it was none of their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

viv2 wrote: »
    What welfare payment can you get for animals.????

But yeah it is annoying to see people sit on their arse all say and are handed money left right and centre.

well viv, I am one of those who sit on my arse all day, get my welfare paid into my bank every thurs day, have my free medical card, fuel allowance, esb allowance, are you jealous, do you want to swop places?

ps I also have a nice car

An update to the situation here.....

This man does odd jobs for people like painting, he trains hurling teams for €70 a session and he trains greyhounds.....

I wonder does he pay tax on all these "extra curricular activities"......

While "arsehole" here pays his tax........

I don't know if he sells drugs.......

Hi There.

Report him so, if he is doing anything he shouldn't SW will find out and put a stop to it but if he's not there is nothing you can do. The vast majority of people claiming the dole are not out buying 141 cars or have any hope of doing so, he is not representative of the majority of people trying to get by.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

An update to the situation here.....

This man does odd jobs for people like painting, he trains hurling teams for €70 a session and he trains greyhounds.....

I wonder does he pay tax on all these "extra curricular activities"......

While "arsehole" here pays his tax........

I don't know if he sells drugs.......

So the odd jobs (welfare fraud) probably paid for the car then, not the actual welfare itself?

So you hired a private detective to make enquiries or did you simply ask a few people and get the answer you wanted. You have no idea where the car or money came from, I know that if someone started asking questions about my finances I'd tell them that it was none of their business.

Yes I hired a private detective.... WTF???

Also I know exactly where the ****ing car came from: He gets the dole, His wife gets the dole, He gets rent allowance.... he gets cash for jobs like training teams, painting..... The man probably comes out with €600-€700 a week.

You can afford a car if you get €600-€700 and have no mortgage etc.....

Also I have a missus working in social welfare that knows every payment that people can claim......

Now I must go away now and pay my private detective......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

How exactly did you establish that he didn't win or inherit money? People generally don't go around informing others of that kind of information, especially when there are so many nosy and jealous people like yourself out there.

Reading posts like this really reaffirms what I was only talking about the other night- and that was that the Irish have become so bitter and begrudge everyone- I believe it's the Governments intention, to deflect away from what's really going on in this country.

I work hard but I have sympathy for those that aren't lucky to have a job and it's the likes of people like you that I'd love to see on welfare for a month, combined with your current bills/loans etc and see how you survive.

Also I know exactly where the ****ing car came from: He gets the dole, His wife gets the dole, He gets rent allowance.... he gets cash for jobs like training teams, painting..... The man probably comes out with €600-€700 a week.

Also I have a missus working in social welfare that knows every payment that people can claim......

So you can't establish where the money came from outside of a guess. Also if your wife works in the social welfare then why are you claiming payments exist for things when they don't. You are making assumptions based on your obvious disdain for the unemployed.

It never ceases to amaze me how people like the OP seem to know every single detail of their neighbours finances.

If you know he works for cash in hand why haven't you reported him for it before now?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Also I have a missus working in social welfare that knows every payment that people can claim....

Get your 'missus' to put in a query on him. Alternatively you can report him yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Your wife works in welfare and is giving out money for pets?
    Somebody should report her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

If you have evidence that he is working while claiming benefits, report him. There's an online form on welfare.ie.

Otherwise, just grin and bear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

gets payment for...sex toys
    What does your wife say about this benefit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Op you would get more of the response you would like in after hours forum
    Maybe post there

• Advertisement

monflat wrote: »
    Op you would get more of the response you would like in after hours forum
    Maybe post there

Explain? What are you on about?

Explain? What are you on about?
    I believe this forum is for people with genuine queries on State Benefits, not barely credible rants.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭metroburgers

Sounds like your "private detective" enjoys breaching data protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Almera9495

So with your "missus that works in Social welfare" it sounds to me like you got your "missus" to check him out for you. I would believe that to be abuse of powers, maybe if somebody reports her for doing that you would have a chance to understand what life on the dole would be like with your "missus" getting sacked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Gadgie wrote: »
    If you have evidence that he is working while claiming benefits, report him. There's an online form on welfare.ie.

Otherwise, just grin and bear it.

you don't need any evidence to report suspected fraud

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Is this after hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    you don't need any evidence to report suspected fraud

Well, you'd need to know something about where the money is coming from if you're going to report him.

OP seems to know the jobs this guy has been doing, so sounds like he has enough evidence for the DoSP to investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Alot of people on this forum seem to have their heads up their arses and don't believe that SW fraud does happen or how widespread it is.

Yes people, it does happen and it is a possibility with this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Think some should read the forum charter ,

People come here for help and information ,

Not for after hours rants ,

• Advertisement

davo2001 wrote: »
    Alot of people on this forum seem to have their heads up their arses and don't believe that SW fraud does happen or how widespread it is.

Yes people, it does happen and it is a possibility with this case.
    Maybe. When I was on the dole, I used to tell people that I was working different jobs, just to see if anyone would report me. I never heard anything, so either no one did or SW didn't act upon the reports.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement