Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiotherapy: how much physics?

Options
  • 10-04-2014 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

hi, I'd be glad if any physio folks out there could tell me what the physics and chemistry, biochemistry modules are like on the physiotherapy course. I did chemistry for the leaving and got an honour but didn't do physics. I'm worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

It's changed a bit in recent years but I think it's a module in first year and another in second year, mostly biomechanics. It can be tougher without LC physics, but everyone gets through it eventually (sometimes by repeating it but most get through the first time). I wouldn't be put off by not having physics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭latynova

Thanks for that. It's reassuring. Do you know what the chemistry/biochemistry module entails? It's been a long time since I did the LC and have been studying arts since, have pretty much forgotten all my maths and chemistry so I'm worried about that aspect of it, and I was never really great at maths anyway, had to slave at it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Not sure if it's changed but when I did it the Chemistry was no harder than LC stuff and the biochem was new but not terribly difficult. Lots of people didn't have LC Chemistry and got on fine.

Advertisement