Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boundary Wall

Options
  • 10-04-2014 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Quick Question

My house backs on to an estate -- The Back Boundary wall is shared with about 3 or 4 houses in the estate. The buiders of the estate raised the boundary wall from 4 foot to about 7 foot when the estate was being built

Some blocks have come off the top row at one point -

Who is responsible for fixing ?
    Me & the owners of the house in the estate that share this section of wall?
    or
    Me and the mgt company of the estate?
    or
    the mgt company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Quick Question

My house backs on to an estate -- The Back Boundary wall is shared with about 3 or 4 houses in the estate. The buiders of the estate raised the boundary wall from 4 foot to about 7 foot when the estate was being built

Some blocks have come off the top row at one point -

Who is responsible for fixing ?
    Me & the owners of the house in the estate that share this section of wall?
    or
    Me and the mgt company of the estate?
    or
    the mgt company?

Depends where the walls lies on the site map and legal docs. If its in your property you'd be responsible. If its a shared boundary then it would be shared etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Depends where the walls lies on the site map and legal docs. If its in your property you'd be responsible. If its a shared boundary then it would be shared etc.

In this case it would could fall on the builders who put the wall up. Walls should last long time. I guess it depends on how long it since they did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

yeah -- it's a 7 foot single block wall - a tree was knocking against one part of it and loosened some blocks - probably up 15 years

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    In this case it would could fall on the builders who put the wall up. Walls should last long time. I guess it depends on how long it since they did it.

It could but not always. The builders may have constructed it on the OPs property (before it was theirs) with agreement and so the wall may be the ops responsibility now.

Advertisement