Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet pig

• 10-04-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭

I've just seen a pet mini pig in a pet shop and I'm thinking about getting it. I live in an apartment so I think a dog wouldn't be suitable but I don't really know anything about pigs.

So does anybody have any pointers about looking after one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I had to talk the missus out of it after reading up on them. There's no way you could keep one happily in an apartment. They're not mini for long, most will end up at least the size of a large dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I've just seen a pet mini pig in a pet shop and I'm thinking about getting it. I live in an apartment so I think a dog wouldn't be suitable but I don't really know anything about pigs.

I really, really would advise against it. Pigs aren't meant to be kept in an apartment. Google it, if you must, but if you want a pet would you not think of something more suitable to apartment living like a cat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Mini pigs are really just runts of the litter. It will grow to the same size as a normal pig. A pig really isn't appropriate as a pet for an apartment. If you think about a pigs natural habitat, you will see that it in no way resembles an apartment.

A huge part of a pigs natural behavior is to dig around in mud with its nose, looking for tasty treats. It needs to be living free range in a field to do this.

A greyhound could make a great apartment pet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,079 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

That's a rediculous idea...pigs have no place in an apartment...do the pig a favour and don't buy it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

You trolling again.
    Please dont start this crap again or its a permanent ban for you.

Thread locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement