Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you were to buy an old bike, what would it be?

• 10-04-2014 12:32pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I think I'd prob go for one of those big old BMW touring bikes. Something totally different from a sportbike, something that could chew up the miles in comfort!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

big bruiser.. cb 1300, gsx1400, zrx1200

maybe a cbx1000

or a bonneville... hrm..

tl, or zx12r..

sp1/sp2

oh dear.. Im gonna need a bigger garage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

One of these, just for sh*ts & giggles...

ural-motorcycle.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Would love to get my hands on one of these......Uber sexy bike.

Honda VFR400SR

30nd8gx.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

916 or an MV F4.

Or a BMW r90/6 if we're going a bit older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Honda NSR250 MC28SP Rothmans version. Although the Repsol one would do it I couldnt find one! Had an RS250 and RS125 Aprilia and I wouldnt dream about using one as an actual bike these days, but I'd love an MC28 NSR to keep. Used to own an RVF400 and they are quite cool too.

HondaNSR250RothmanMC28SP.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭hondavfr

It would be an Africa Twin for me or maybe an old BMW tourer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

An rg500 would be one of many I'd buy.
    I have a list in my head as long as your arm.
    photo_zps82bc13b0.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Technically not too old, but not made any more:

honda__vtr_sp2_best_2002_1_lgw.jpg

jameshayes wrote: »
    Technically not too old, but not made any more:

honda__vtr_sp2_best_2002_1_lgw.jpg

NAHHHHHHHHHHH does not qualify far too young.....lol. Pick another ya cheater :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Somewhat realistically, a Suzuki GSX1100S Katana:

14010m.jpg

In Muppet-Land, a Moto Guzzi Otto Cilindri:

moto-guzzi-motorcycle-museum-13.jpg

guzzi-v8-ww.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    NAHHHHHHHHHHH does not qualify far too young.....lol. Pick another ya cheater :p

Done! :pac:

VTR1000-SP1-2.jpg

GETOUTTATHATGARDEN!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭the cats pajamas

one of these
    HPIM1923.jpg

or maybe smaller :

honda-ez-90-cub-04.jpg

or even smaller again, (they used to give these away free with the honda city )

Honda_Motocompo_Honda_Collection_Hall.jpg

one of these
    HPIM1923.jpg

or maybe smaller :

honda-ez-90-cub-04.jpg

or even smaller again, (they used to give these away free with the honda city )

Honda_Motocompo_Honda_Collection_Hall.jpg

What the **** is that.....is it a cage, or a submarine. Holy master cylinder batman! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'd go for one of these:
    Icon-1985-GPZ-900-Ninja.jpg

OR these

9569_0_3_3_dt%20360_Tig%20Welder%20360.jpg

Or feck it, if money is no object:

1939-brough-superior-ss100b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

blade1 wrote: »
    An rg500 would be one of many I'd buy.
    I have a list in my head as long as your arm.
    photo_zps82bc13b0.png

Oh god yeah.

I once saved up enough for a span new one of those in 1988. ......But decided to use the money going to college in UK instead.

Did you see the one on DD in Clare ? €18k !

I should have bought the bike. ..

Not too bad though - I've had my RGV250K for 23 years now. .

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Cienciano wrote: »
    I'd go for one of these:

9569_0_3_3_dt%20360_Tig%20Welder%20360.jpg

Would you believe I sold my one of those just last year....... Had it for 23 years !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    Would you believe I sold my one of those just last year....... Had it for 23 years !

You serious? My dad had one in the 70's! Do you know the history of your one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

galwaytt wrote: »
    Oh god yeah.

I once saved up enough for a span new one of those in 1988. ......But decided to use the money going to college in UK instead.

Did you see the one on DD in Clare ? €18k !

I should have bought the bike. ..

Not too bad though - I've had my RGV250K for 23 years now. .

The lad I bought my zzr off had a mint one in his shed.
    This is what he had in total
    1 a new Ducati Multistrada
    2 rg250
    3 rg500
    4 rd500
    5 gsxr750(the first one)
    6 zzr1400

Cienciano wrote: »
    You serious? My dad had one in the 70's! Do you know the history of your one?

I bought in UK when I was in college there..... for £25..

Ode To The Motorist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

PA020001.jpg

More pics here

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Some nice custom versions of the GL1000

honda-gl1000_gold-wing_jeff-adams.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

BMW r69s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I'd buy my bike again, just loving it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

CB900F

IFCB900F_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

If I ever get off the Vespa Scooters I would get one of these, a Kawasaki W650...Looks of an old brit Triumph but with modern touches like a disk brake and better handling. Oh and a kickstart too is essential!

Kawasaki_W650_1.jpg

Advertisement