Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yoast for Wordpress

Options
  • 10-04-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

I am doing a short internship with a training organisation and they use the Yoast Seo plugin, I am not convinced that it is having any impact at all. For example, the metatag is really long, this is literally the first thing I learned about SEO so I am just wondering if it really matters anymore. (My college weren't exactly cutting edge with this stuff).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lbtriggerman

I used Yoast before and you can just manually edit or write the meta tags yourself.

-
    <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jackkarter

Lux23 wrote: »
    For example, the metatag is really long

I use the plugin all the time. Can you be more specific? Which tags are you referring to? They are only as long as you make them. You can over ride each one under your page or post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

The Yoast plugin has a lot of options - meta content is only one of them and as others have pointed out, you can edit and tweak a lot of that.

Advertisement