Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Hillary Loop, Banteer, Co Cork

Options
  • 10-04-2014 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was just wondering has anyone done this Loop, its classed as Moderate on irish trails. approx 10k.

I was hoping to bring my son along, he is 9 and a half. Himself and I, did the Torc trail to the top last year and he did it no problem.

This is well pathed, but a steep climb for a child. He loved it and wants to do another hike.
    We have all the gear, boots, waterproofs, I have done a fair few hikes myself.

I understand that getting to the summit is a little steep and you can be fairly exposed to the elements, just wondering if anyone has done it, and if its ok for us to go.

We want to go this Sunday as weather in cork is supposed to be good, and clear.

Thank you for any replies. :)

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."-Oscar Wilde

Comments

Advertisement