Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does lorraine Kingston drink ink cartridges?

Options
  • 10-04-2014 2:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭

These things are brilliant!!!!

http://www.corkcity.ie/services/corporateandexternalaffairs/agendaandminutesofmeetingsofcorkcitycouncil/minutesofmeetingsofcorkcitycouncil/minutes2012/Min.s%20Council%20Meeting%20120312.pdf

Just look at the descrepencies in the purchase of ink cartridges in for councillors and the shambolic nature in which the system is run.

im no mathematician but if you divide the amount spent on ink by the number of cartridges, you should get the cost per unit of a cartridge per councillor.

the discrepencies are huge, not least the amount each councillor uses but also the amount they pay for them. Lorraine kingston appears to have bought a 3d printer and is possibly making a clone of eamonn gilmore somewhere top secret.

Why so much ink? Tim brosnan appears to have started a sideline business as a tattoo artist.

come on cork, take a bit of interest in the rear ending you are recieveing from your representitives. call them out when they come knocking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

For the love of Jesus,is she printing books or what.This reminds me of all the ink that Aengus O'Snodaigh of Sinn Fein was getting about 2 years ago.I think it was almost enough to print the national newspapers.

The fcukin neck on these people bates all.If it was England,they would be made resign on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭Fabio

No they wouldn't...see the recent scandal with their former Culture Minister? Worth a search!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

back to the topic at hand. ink cartridge fetishes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Have you no faith in our elected representatives to do what is best for someone. Obviously they are printing our new currency for when we declare independence (following the Ukraine model) - thus it would unpatriotic to question their expenses. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

lolosaur wrote: »

the discrepencies are huge, not least the amount each councillor uses but also the amount they pay for them. Lorraine kingston appears to have bought a 3d printer and is possibly making a clone of eamonn gilmore somewhere top secret.

So wouldn't it make sense to buy all office supplies centrally and distribute them as needed. That would mean a standard and lower price

Christ they talk some b0llix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

To play devil's advocate for a moment, there is no way that refers to ink cartridges. We're looking at toner cartridges over a period of three years. On average a single toner cartridge will set you back around €120 for an original manufacturer type. So you could say that in the case of LK she was given approx 10 cartridges. A printer needs 4 seperate toners so that's complete refill of the printer 2 1/2 times. Let's round it up to 3. So that would mean new toner every year for the duration in question.

You could argue for an output of approx 6,000 pages for a toners' lifetime so that's 18,000 pages. Of course I've no idea what was printed. Those christmas cards they send out?

mordeith wrote: »
    To play devil's advocate for a moment, there is no way that refers to ink cartridges. We're looking at toner cartridges over a period of three years. On average a single toner cartridge will set you back around €120 for an original manufacturer type. So you could say that in the case of LK she was given approx 10 cartridges. A printer needs 4 seperate toners so that's complete refill of the printer 2 1/2 times. Let's round it up to 3. So that would mean new toner every year for the duration in question.

You could argue for an output of approx 6,000 pages for a toners' lifetime so that's 18,000 pages. Of course I've no idea what was printed. Those christmas cards they send out?

you are not playing devils advocate, you are talking nonsense.

look at the figures, most are buying 2-3 at around 30 quid max so it is cartridges and not toner. Bull.

look at the figures, most are buying 2-3 at around 30 quid max so it is cartridges and not toner. Bull.

Oops, forgot the No of cartridges column :o
    Sorry to make you even angrier ;)

you should apply for a job!!!!

you should apply for a job!!!!

They're looking for a new city manager at the moment. I'd fit the bill perfectly!
    I'm sure I could the docklands developed for next to nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

They're looking for a new city manager at the moment. I'd fit the bill perfectly!
    I'm sure I could the docklands developed for next to nothing.

maybe lolosaur should apply, or better still try get elected, and if successful,then tell us all about it.
    quiet day lolosaur?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Fabio wrote: »
    No they wouldn't...see the recent scandal with their former Culture Minister? Worth a search!

who, Maria Miller? She eventually stood down, what's your point?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

It just looks like a totally fabricated expense. His much ink did you use? No idea, but I need to make another few hundred on he expense claim...
    Can we see the receipts under Freedom of Information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

who, Maria Miller? She eventually stood down, what's your point?
    She eventually stood down after an investigation and national scandal.
    She wasn't budging before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

She eventually stood down after an investigation and national scandal.
    She wasn't budging before that.

perhaps but the thing is she stood down due to the fact that it was never going to be tolerated. Over here this sort of thing is not only tolerated but often seen as the way one must be in order to succeed or definitely part and parcel of doing business.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,118 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Plenty of people call toner cartridges, ink cartridges. There is probably toner included in those figures which doesn't look too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

rob316 wrote: »
    Plenty of people call toner cartridges, ink cartridges. There is probably toner included in those figures which doesn't look too bad.
    I think the issue is that of the 34 names listed, she accounts for 17% of the spend on toner/ink/cartridges.

I think the issue is that of the 34 names listed, she accounts for 17% of the spend on toner/ink/cartridges.

that's nearly 1/5 of the overall useage, if you prefer that in fraction form.

also, how are you trying to justify this blatant lie rob316??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

that's nearly 1/5 of the overall useage, if you prefer that in fraction form.

also, how are you trying to justify this blatant lie rob316??
    Actually it's much closer to 1/6 and your agenda is becoming quite wearisome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

This thread is now a pain in the ......

• Advertisement

Lemag wrote: »
    Actually it's much closer to 1/6 and your agenda is becoming quite wearisome.

I have no agenda. merely looking at figures that just do not add up.

Pointless frivolities of 34 people who meet to decide on how to ruin a city while spaffing expenses up a wall.

" I motion to move at the behest of the aforementioned motion to motion the motion of the motioning is motioned"

34 people debate "rabble rabble rabble"

Alternative.

"lads will we put up a stop sign"?

Lads: "yeah".

If i did have an agenda, it would be to point out the inadequacies of the people who run our city. how you would find that wearisome is beyond me.

I have no agenda. merely looking at figures that just do not add up.

Pointless frivolities of 34 people who meet to decide on how to ruin a city while spaffing expenses up a wall.

" I motion to move at the behest of the aforementioned motion to motion the motion of the motioning is motioned"

34 people debate "rabble rabble rabble"

Alternative.

"lads will we put up a stop sign"?

Lads: "yeah".

If i did have an agenda, it would be to point out the inadequacies of the people who run our city. how you would find that wearisome is beyond me.

Local elections coming up so you'll have your chance to vote for someone you think will do a better job. Might be a good few independents get in this time round if people put aside pointless party loyalty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Local elections coming up so you'll have your chance to vote for someone you think will do a better job. Might be a good few independents get in this time round if people put aside pointless party loyalty

Ah heck....missed Laura mcgonigle this eve - I was waiting for her visit, as I had a few questions to ask her regarding the city council spending..am sorry I didn't get to talk to her.

TBH mordeith....would love to see some shining light (irrespective of party loyalties), but have become so sceptical of politics that I am viewing all through 'you are only in this for yourself' lens.

I've completely lost faith in our city council and feel that they, like our government are sniggering down their sleeves at the folk that put them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Didn't get elected this time round. Some bit of justice, however small.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Checking out those minutes....
    Still shocked by this - An tArdmhéara recited the opening prayer.

Separation of church and state anyone? Pffffft

Advertisement