Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COnnemara Gaelforce: Runners

Options
  • 10-04-2014 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi
    I'm doing Connemara Gaelforce in May which will be my first Adventure race. I'm looking for advice on which runners would be best. When road running I wear Adidas Supernova Glides. They're well cushioned and I find them great. My question is, should I purchase different footwear for the race or will the current ones do the trick. I've looked at Adidas Kanadia trail runners seeing as I've always used Adidas for running and price wise they're reasonable. Hoping to avoid paying €100 plus for the likes of Salomons/Innov8s/etc. Any advice appreciated.
    Cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Definitely go for a trail shoe for any off road running. Between grip, stability and protection for the feet it's just not worth risking a slip in a road shoe on mud or wet rock.

As to what type, all comes down to how they fit your foot and comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

Id go something like a salomon speedcross or an innov8 roclite, you should look for something with enough of a thread to get grip on the reek, enough support/cusioning for the rocks at the summit, and something that is comfortable on sections on road/ firetrail. PeterX is your only man to comment on this .....

• Registered Users Posts: 31 agore21

Cheers guys

Advertisement