Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locked out of hotel, what to do?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

You could supply them with bank details if it's a hassle to collect cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

No reply to the email I sent.

I'm going to be in the area today, so sent a follow up, asking if it's okay for me to drop in to collect it.

No reply yet, but I only sent it a while ago. We'll see what happens when I drop in.

Thanks for all the advice. :)

I dropped in, and was told there was nobody there to authorise a refund.

I never received a reply to my email, either.

Think i may just give up at this point tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

I dropped in, and was told there was nobody there to authorise a refund.

I never received a reply to my email, either.

Think i may just give up at this point tbh.

Dont give up !!!

You paid for a room and you were left out on the street with no phone or money and the hotel accepted responsibility for it... take your money back - you didnt get what you paid for !

Sadderday wrote: »
    Dont give up !!!

You paid for a room and you were left out on the street with no phone or money and the hotel accepted responsibility for it... take your money back - you didnt get what you paid for !

I might email again, and include my bank details, but there's not much I can do bar keep emailing, I suppose. Just a pain in the backside that they accepted responsibility, offered a refund, and now nothing.

• Advertisement

I might email again, and include my bank details, but there's not much I can do bar keep emailing, I suppose. Just a pain in the backside that they accepted responsibility, offered a refund, and now nothing.

I wouldn't be emailing my bank details just yet.

Give them a bell and ask if the manager is there? they can bank draft ya, they are a business they know what they are at.

Careful with the bank details you dont know who has access to their emails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Phone them up and ask to speak to whoever is responsible for issuing refunds. Tell them that you will be taking a case with the Small Claims Court unless a refund is issued immediately (give a time frame).

I rang up twice last night, but no answer. I'll try again this evening.

So much more hassle than I was expecting :pac:

I rang up twice last night, but no answer. I'll try again this evening.

So much more hassle than I was expecting :pac:

Well, it doesn't matter if the room was €30 a night or €130 a night its your money and unless your flush, I wouldnt be giving up.

You must have got your rocks before you got locked out, you're too calm about it ! :)

Sadderday wrote: »
    Well, it doesn't matter if the room was €30 a night or €130 a night its your money and unless your flush, I wouldnt be giving up.

You must have got your rocks before you got locked out, you're too calm about it ! :)

:pac: I didn't! :(

• Advertisement

Well, I got my money back.

I happened to be transferred to work nearby the hotel today, so dropped in. Manager was on a break, so I left my number.

Manager didn't call back (never received any replies to my emails either), so I went back in.

Same barman said he still wasn't back. He was extremely apologetic, asked me how much I'd paid, and just took it from the till and said he'd sort it, and kept apologising.

So, done and dusted, but my god, it wasn't as simple as I thought it would be after their initial email!

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

Wuhoo! Glad you finally got it sorted, but god they didn't make it easy! Well done for persevering :)

rhapsody wrote: »
    Wuhoo! Glad you finally got it sorted, but god they didn't make it easy! Well done for persevering :)

It came at a handy time, I'm broke this week :pac:

The barman was really lovely and kept apologising. I kept telling him there was no need, it wasn't his fault at all, and he went above and beyond. He also said to feel free to call and make an official complaint over it.

Just for him alone, I won't be writing nasty reviews online. At least they have one gem of a staff member. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

was the hotel in south wicklow?

was the hotel in south wicklow?

No, Dublin City Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Glad you got sorted.
    2 stroke wrote: »
    I don't think it's possible for a business to refund to a card, unless there has been a charge to that card originally.

Of course it's possible. I do it myself at work on a daily basis; in fact, when doing a refund, I'm given the option to refund above and beyond what the person originally paid! (I've never personally had to do so, but the option is there!)

Advertisement