Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live ban

Options
  • 10-04-2014 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭

Hello,

My son was banned from xbox live a couple of months ago and he tells me the xbox is no good anymore as its banned from xbox live.

We wish to offload/sell the console and all the games and i am just wondering how can i sell a banned xbox 360 elite console? Can it be sold? how much is it worth?

I would appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Hello,

My son was banned from xbox live a couple of months ago and he tells me the xbox is no good anymore as its banned from xbox live.

We wish to offload/sell the console and all the games and i am just wondering how can i sell a banned xbox 360 elite console? Can it be sold? how much is it worth?

I would appreciate any advice.

First of all confirm whether the console itself has been banned from Xbox Live or if it's just your son's account which has been banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Enter the serial number on this site to check if the console itself if banned: https://enforcement.xbox.com/Home/ConsoleCheck

They don't lift console bans ever AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I just turned on the console and went to log in under my old user ID and the following message comes on screen:

"Console Banned"

"This console has been banned for violations of the Terms of Use. To protect the Xbox Live Service and it's members, Microsoft does not provide details about console bans. There is no recourse for Terms of Use violations."

On the plus side I am seeing a lot more of my son since this happened :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Selling that console will be very hard.

Only people interested in modding a console to be a media centre would want one that's banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I just turned on the console and went to log in under my old user ID and the following message comes on screen:

"Console Banned"

"This console has been banned for violations of the Terms of Use. To protect the Xbox Live Service and it's members, Microsoft does not provide details about console bans. There is no recourse for Terms of Use violations."

On the plus side I am seeing a lot more of my son since this happened :)

On the bad side, your son has adhd:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement