Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Looper007 wrote: »
    Really Blobby open you're eyes

Mario Mandzukic
    Mario Balotelli
    Jackson Martinez
    Karim Benzema

Those guys would cost a bit but we are a big club, stop saying we can't afford these players. Most people on here act like we are struggling for cash. It's all about been smart with it, We need to fill in positions where it's been a probelm the last two seasons, Instead of wanting Fabergas back, let's be honest do we really need him, is it just cause you guys don't want him playing for another English Club.

Open your eyes?

How exactly are Benzema and Balotelli available?

Martinez is the only player there that makes sense as a transfer to Arsenal this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You're mad if you don't want Fabregas. Not only is he a top quality player, the season just finished showed he would get plenty of game time. We need strength in depth as well as quality for the first team. City and Chelsea both have that. We don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You're mad if you don't want Fabregas. Not only is he a top quality player, the season just finished showed he would get plenty of game time. We need strength in depth as well as quality for the first team. City and Chelsea both have that. We don't.

Exactly you don't turn down a world class player with £150 million sitting in the bank.

And I read they still owe £15 million from the Song and Fabregas transfers anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Remy is 27 he will never be world class and is nowhere near good enough for Arsenal or a team with title aspirations.

We're meant to be trying to strenghten the team not buy squad players.

Either buy world class or buy young with bags of potential.

If Wenger had any interest in him we would have signed him last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

What would people think of Eto'o and Morata?

• Advertisement

L'prof wrote: »

Very little tbh.

Giroud better than both of them currently I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

L'prof wrote: »

Eto no to old and past it, Morata haven't seen enough of to judge to be honest but does fit the bill of being young with potential and if Wenger were to think he worth a punt I'd have no problem.

gosplan wrote: »
    Very little tbh.

Giroud better than both of them currently I think.

I'd be thinking Eto'o purely for the experience he could offer to the likes of Morata, Sanogo and even Giroud. I don't see us splashing out on a world class striker unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I would rather Lukaku then Remy TBH, hell I think I would take the physical presence of Bony over Remy.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I would rather Lukaku then Remy TBH, hell I think I would take the physical presence of Bony over Remy.

Lukaku would be class, can't see Mourinho selling to us though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Mario Mandzukic
    Mario Balotelli
    Jackson Martinez
    Karim Benzema

Those guys would cost a bit but we are a big club, stop saying we can't afford these players. Most people on here act like we are struggling for cash. It's all about been smart with it, We need to fill in positions where it's been a probelm the last two seasons, Instead of wanting Fabergas back, let's be honest do we really need him, is it just cause you guys don't want him playing for another English Club.

Mandzukic??? No, thank you.
    The other 3 would be good signings, though.

Best of luck to the Arsenal Ladies today. Hope they can do the double. It's on BBC2 @4.30 if anyone needs an Arsenal fix!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Best of luck to the Arsenal Ladies today. Hope they can do the double. It's on BBC2 @4.30 if anyone needs an Arsenal fix!

Ill be watching for the ladies in the tight tops and shorts nothing to do with ARSENAL I tells ya.

:o

947edf31d4132bee1eaa06a2d9d14cda.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

^^ Does his girlfriend and child not live in London anyway?

NUTZZ wrote: »
    ^^ Does his girlfriend and child not live in London anyway?

Yes but I'm sure he'll call in and say hello to his father figure Wenger.

Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭fearrua

Anyone else watching the Women's FA Cup? Arsenal just went 1-0 up through a whopper free kick. Santi-esque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Those guys would cost a bit but we are a big club, stop saying we can't afford these players. Most people on here act like we are struggling for cash. It's all about been smart with it,

The club arent struggling for cash, we all know that and its not an excuse. What we do know is that there isnt a hope in hell of signing a player (whatever the price) and paying him 300k a week or something silly. No way the club will do that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Cesc could return to Arsenal this summer. The player's agent , Darren Dein , has met with coach Arsène Wenger , who wants his former captain for his new project

The oddest thing about that article though is it links you to Cech in goal. He would be great and yes Chelsea will perhaps have the young fellah back from Athletico but really I can't see that happening at all, if he leaves Chelsea he will leave England imo

also links you with Mandzukic which is more realistic but i'd just say those two names are being added to try and add another dimension to the story and arent actually top targets.

Cesc seems to be on the move and as it says there the clause for Arsenal is 36m euro which is just less than 30m sterling which is what the stories have been saying Barca will accept for him.

The oddest thing about that article though is it links you to Cech in goal. He would be great and yes Chelsea will perhaps have the young fellah back from Athletico but really I can't see that happening at all, if he leaves Chelsea he will leave England imo

also links you with Mandzukic which is more realistic but i'd just say those two names are being added to try and add another dimension to the story and arent actually top targets.

Cesc seems to be on the move and as it says there the clause for Arsenal is 36m euro which is just less than 30m sterling which is what the stories have been saying Barca will accept for him.

Yes hard to be sure of anything with transfers but Sport.es did call the Fabregas to Barca and Song to Barca transfers correctly previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

stop dreaming we are not getting cesc back LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Raf32 wrote: »
    I have totally changed my mind about Cesc. I really dont want him back. Ramsey and Ozil are miles ahead of him now, not good enough to start for us anymore, that sounds brilliant :D

What a team we would have if Cesc rejoined us.

i guarantee you that at some point next season all 3 players will be inured at the same time LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

What a team we would have if Cesc rejoined us.

i guarantee you that at some point next season all 3 players will be inured at the same time LOL

Absolute certainty :D :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I know its only friendlies but Giroud has looked excellent in the last two games for France, some nice link up play with Remy too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Griezmann scores and Wenger, who's co-commentating, says it was "Pires like". Sign him up Arsene!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Griezmann scores and Wenger, who's co-commentating, says it was "Pires like". Sign him up Arsene!

First time seeing Griezmann play and I know he only came on with around 20 minutes to go but he looks like a real talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

ironkiwi wrote: »
    First time seeing Griezmann play and I know he only came on with around 20 minutes to go but he looks like a real talent.

Winger isn't he? We are in desperate need of a left winger and some cover for the right too I thjnk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Raf32 wrote: »
    I know its only friendlies but Giroud has looked excellent in the last two games for France, some nice link up play with Remy too ;)

he's been really good has ollie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Has Karim been playing or is he rested after the Cup final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Has Karim been playing or is he rested after the Cup final?

Hasn't featured st all so far. Imagine he'll play against Jamaica

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I actually France to do pretty well In the WC.. Handy group and a decent passage to the quarters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So after his Ivory Coast match yesterday, Serge Aurier was asked by an Arsenal fan in the crowd if he was joining Arsenal.. and he said yes!

Here's the vid

And Aurier also retweeted the video :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Snatchy

Lads - I've been reading the Arsenal threads for ages but was only granted the right to post last night.

I'll let my first post be as follows:

I live near Highbury and was boarding the Eurostar to Brussels with the gf at 6.30am and as I was walking down the very quiet platform, in the distance I saw a tall green figure approaching. As she came nearer, I started noticing details - long legs, massive heals, elegant green suit, expensive handbag, perfect hair and make up (at 0630!!!) etc. etc.

Naturally, at that ungodly hour of the morning, the momentary "thought" of what I wouldn't do to her crossed my mind (the gf was too busy eating her muffin to notice :P).

So distracted I was, by this woman's appearance that it was only 5 seconds or so before we crossed paths that I noticed that there was a man lugging a suitcase behind her.

Mr. Arséne Wenger.

I nearly sh*t myself with a combination of laughter and excitement.

Goes to show - no matter how famous and powerful, boys will be boys and the boys always be chasing tail. Or in Wenger's case, lugging his missus' stuff as she strutts ahead! He looked very pleased with himself...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Guardian running with the Balotelli story/rumour.

Agueroooo wrote: »

Agueroooo if we went for Balotelli I’d be over the moon – but surprised.

I think it could potentially be a great move for all concerned. Balo needs a steadying hand, and Wenger is that. Wenger loves bringing a player to his potential.

But it all depends on if Arsene would judge Mario as a potentially destabilising character in the dressing room. He walked away from M’Villa over his attitude and hasn’t looked back since.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Agueroooo if we went for Balotelli I’d be over the moon – but surprised.

I think it could potentially be a great move for all concerned. Balo needs a steadying hand, and Wenger is that. Wenger loves bringing a player to his potential.

But it all depends on if Arsene would judge Mario as a potentially destabilising character in the dressing room. He walked away from M’Villa over his attitude and hasn’t looked back since.

I really think people are overlooking the reality that is Balotelli in favour of the potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

He walked away from M’Villa over his attitude and hasn’t looked back since.

I thought it was over the fact Giroud and M'Villa didn't get along and had a real hate for one another after a bust up on international suty, Giroud wasn't sure about moving if M'villa was joining. So Wenger pulled out. Well that was the rumour at the time.

I really think people are overlooking the reality that is Balotelli in favour of the potential.

yeah for sure, I admit that I am totally overlooking his idiocy in favor of the talent.
    It's a gamble, he's got undoubted abililty. Potentially a massive player. But mentally he's a clown. Could Wenger be the father figure to sort him out and see him reach his potential? I would think "maybe"!
    I would like to see how it worked out.

• Advertisement

I thought it was over the fact Giroud and M'Villa didn't get along and had a real hate for one another after a bust up on international suty, Giroud wasn't sure about moving if M'villa was joining. So Wenger pulled out. Well that was the rumour at the time.

I hadn't heard that, thanks loop.

lugging his missus' stuff as she strutts ahead! He looked very pleased with himself...

Everyone thinks his wife is the prettiest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Everyone thinks his wife is the prettiest.

Not me!!

I hadn't heard that, thanks loop.

It was mentioned around the time Giroud signed for us and M'villa name was been bought up as a potential signing.

efb wrote: »

I say it be hit and miss.

To be fair to Giroud he scrubs up well considering he was a long hair rocker a few years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Agueroooo wrote: »
    It's on their rumours page from other papers/sites, hardly "running with it".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Cesc to Chelsea:(

Nooo!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Cesc to Chelsea:(

Nooo!!!

Where you hearing this?

Don't say twitter...

it's rumoured on the mirror page. I'd hate if he went to United, but if he went to chelsea I'd vomit.
    Chelsea.
    Vile.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement