Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I didn't say anything about whether we could afford it. You've completely missed my point.

I know I was just pointing out whether its £15 or £30 million we can easily afford him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

mike65 wrote: »
    Fabregas is signing for Chelsea, you seem to be a bit off the pace.

Really?

Not sure how that facht slipped past.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Snatchy

Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I've always though of Cesc as coming from the Thierry Henry bread of Gooner and not the "Dutch Skunk" bread - he'll never sign for an Arsenal rival...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

We will loose arteta, rosicky and flamini next summer.

Wouldn't it great to be proactive for once and get cesc in now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I think Rosicky and Flamini have more than a year left in them. Rosicky, despite his age, doesn't have as much mileage on the clock as others his age. Barring injury, he should be good for another two, maybe three seasons. Ditto for Flamini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I think Rosicky and Flamini have more than a year left in them. Rosicky, despite his age, doesn't have as much mileage on the clock as others his age. Barring injury, he should be good for another two, maybe three seasons. Ditto for Flamini.

Yes, but Cesc is miles better than both of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Think Arsene would be mad to move on that much experience at one time. I'm not an Arsenal fan - but I always thought they lacked experienced heads especially in midfield (not that Fabregas isnt experienced) and while maybe Arteta has declined, I see no reason why one or two shouldnt be kept even on the bench, especially for bigger games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Yes, but Cesc is miles better than both of them.

yeah but remember it's all about having a big squad and both will come in handy over a long season.

Looper007 wrote: »
    yeah but remember it's all about having a big squad and both will come in handy over a long season.

Move diaby and arteta on, bring in a dm and cesc, flamini as back up.

Sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Cesc was created and moulded at Arsenal by Wenger. It hurted him a lot to let him go as he has said previously about the matter.

Now with money why not bring back the prodical son? Makes perfect sense to me, especially as people have pointed out we have a few aging legs in that midfield and will instantly improve the team.

Imagine a Ramsey, Ozil, Fabregas central partnership? It would be one of the best in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I've decided to take a 'meh' stance on the possibility of Fab coming back.

The plus side: yay fab back and he doesn't go to a rival

The minus side: well stocked there and while there would be games for him, he'd generally be taking them from someone like Wilshire or Ox. We've seen what a run of proper games can do to players like Rambo, RVP, Wally so maybe it's better that they get those games and push on.

Overall I think while there's room for him, people's overriding motivation on him coming back is sentimentality rather than football quality.

But Le boss has the option and I can trust him on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

All I can say is that I can't wait for the World Cup to start to create a distraction from all this transfer bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

I would love to have Fabregas back, and I know we don't necessarily need him but, he does seem to be going this year and i would detest seeing him play for any other team in the PL bar our own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,475 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Arteta has only one year left on his contract and with Arsenal's policy on over 30's I can see him leave. We can't count on Diaby either so I can see where Fabregas would have a role at Arsenal. For parts of last season we had 5 midfielders out injured.

Better looking at players in the squad than looking for them, always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Cesc has the ability to be in the elite of world football. He is just being misused by Barca, who want him to be Xavi mk2.

Bring him home, and we will have one of the best midfielders in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Quazzie wrote: »
    Cesc has the ability to be in the elite of world football. He is just being misused by Barca, who want him to be Xavi mk2.

I gotta agree with this. We cant miss out and let him go elsewhere

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd quite happily take him back. He's a huge upgrade on cazorla and would give us plenty of depth. Yes we've already got depth there but Rosicky isn't getting any younger and Jack and Rambo are better playing deeper.

If we did get Cesc I'm not sure we would get that left winger we need though which I'm not sure how I feel about but to be honest having to choose between so many great players is a headache I welcome.

The truth is even if we don't get Cesc, a successful transfer window means Cazorla, Flamini, Arteta, Pod and even Jack will all be starting on the bench next season when everyone's fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

gosplan wrote: »
    I've decided to take a 'meh' stance on the possibility of Fab coming back.

The plus side: yay fab back and he doesn't go to a rival

The minus side: well stocked there and while there would be games for him, he'd generally be taking them from someone like Wilshire or Ox. We've seen what a run of proper games can do to players like Rambo, RVP, Wally so maybe it's better that they get those games and push on.

Overall I think while there's room for him, people's overriding motivation on him coming back is sentimentality rather than football quality.

But Le boss has the option and I can trust him on this.

I would agree with all the above Gosplan but especially the last bit. If there is one man in the world that knows he needs Fabregas now it's Arsene Wenger. He knows whether or not he will complement this team in the way its needed. He knows the effect it will have on his young developing talents.

If Arsene Wenger wants Fabregas back then he will get him. If he doesn't then I am firmly convinced he knows what he is doing on this one.

Also the idea we should pay 30 million quid on a player to prevent him going somewhere else is ridiculous. Even City might not do that.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Cesc was created and moulded at Arsenal by Wenger. It hurted him a lot to let him go as he has said previously about the matter.

Now with money why not bring back the prodical son? Makes perfect sense to me, especially as people have pointed out we have a few aging legs in that midfield and will instantly improve the team.

Imagine a Ramsey, Ozil, Fabregas central partnership? It would be one of the best in Europe.

We need to sort out far more important positions right now then bringing in a Player, if you pro Cesc guys would get your heads down from the clouds for a minute, that if you really thing about it we ain't screaming out for. Spend that 100 million on getting in a top class striker and defensive midfielder first. Then get a backup GK and Right back. Then if we can get Cesc for a decent sum, then buy him. But first we need to sort out our DM and first team Striker before we even attempted in thinking about signing Cesc.

All I can say is that I can't wait for the World Cup to start to create a distraction from all this transfer bollocks.

True, This Cesc thing is going to go on all summer and if he signs for another English club, you will hear Non Stop "Get Rid of Wenger" lot shouting from the hilltops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

We need to sort out far more important positions right now then bringing in a Player, if you pro Cesc guys would get your heads down from the clouds for a minute, that if you really thing about it we ain't screaming out for. Spend that 100 million on getting in a top class striker and defensive midfielder first. Then get a backup GK and Right back. Then if we can get Cesc for a decent sum, then buy him. But first we need to sort out our DM and first team Striker before we even attempted in thinking about signing Cesc.

I agree with this, but given that the likes of Cavani, Falcao etc are out of our price range and someone like Remy is much more likely, wouldn't improving our midfield capabilities with a World Class talent like Fabregas make a great deal of sense ?

True, This Cesc thing is going to go on all summer and if he signs for another English club, you will hear Non Stop "Get Rid of Wenger" lot shouting from the hilltops.

Yip-exactly the sort of s***e that will happen.

Quazzie wrote: »

B.s Quazzie he was in a team of World class talent, probably the best Club team I've seen in my Life time, with some of the greatest players of our generation. He should have blossomed into a world beater but it just hasn't worked for him and he looked very average. That's how it is, he wanted to join them and he should have stepped up but he hasn't.

We have potential have one already in Ramsey if he continues his form, Ozil will get better, Wilshire could step it up. Ox will come good. You pro Cesc lot are making it sound like we got a lot of average and crap players in our midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

The fact he insisted there was a buy back clause as part of the deal, I think he has to go and use it. He can only make us better and will stay for 4/5 years at least. its a no brainer but stranger things have happened over the years! Van Persie going to Utd one of them....c**t!

Yip-exactly the sort of s***e that will happen.

I hope he has a storming world cup and Barca keep him, so we can go about and buy players that are seriously more needed. I'm hating the fact that people on here are making out our midfield is average and that Cesc will save Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

sometimes the answer to the problem isnt the one you think is staring you in the face.

Arsenal are no were near the level were they can even considering not taking a player like Cesc if he is avilable and wants to come and at only 30m.

Yes other players are needed but if season after season hasnt shown you we need a bigger squad then you are missing a big point.

Yes sign a forward, DM and a RB but it will still leave is fighting for 4th when the injuries pile up come feb, mar and April.

We are Arsenal we always finish 4th we need players like Cesc and more if we want to compete at the elite level

I hope he has a storming world cup and Barca keep him, so we can go about and buy players that are seriously more needed. I'm hating the fact that people on here are making out our midfield is average and that Cesc will save Arsenal.

So you don't think he would improve our midfield ?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

I've been thinking about Cesc ... should he return or not.

Firstly, what is he? He's a very talented midfielder who can arrive late outside and inside the box to score goals - very similar to Ramsey but probably more skillful. He's now a very experienced international and champions league player. He can link with the back four, taking the ball off them and distributing it wide or forward. I honestly think he could play a David Silva type role for Arsenal if required.

Who have we at the moment? Arteta, Diaby, Flamini, Rosicky, Ox, Ramsey, Ozil, Jack, Santi, Zelalem and Coquelin. Of this group Arteta, Diaby, Flamini and Rosicky are nearing the end of their Arsenal careers. I would think we simply must buy back Cesc and a defensive midfielder/hard tackling holding type player. That gives us many options in midfield/ attacking midfield. We possibly should try to keep one of the four players - I'd keep Flamini purely because of his previous partnership with Cesc.

Forget about Benzema - it's either Remy or Mandzukic. Greissman would be a luxury but a definite statement of intent - I believe he could be as potent as Overmars/ Robben or Ribery ... and finally a full back to be an understudy to Jenkinson ... I'd give him his chance. A cheap but reasonable backup goalkeeper and that's us sorted.

So Cesc, Remy (he seems to fit in with Giroud at international level), Greissman for the same reason and also I think he will be brilliant and a fullback and keeper ( should get both for under £10m). Think of all the options that could give us.

I would still try and keep Vermaelen but use him more in league cup/ fa cup and early champions league games - both in defence and as a defensive midfielder - I think he is skillful enough to play in this role - people forget he has a ferocious shot and isn't afraid to move into space when he can ... a chance for the other midfielders to stay back and cover.

All the major clubs now have a large midfield selection and rotate them ... Real, Barca, City, Chelsea, etc ... we will be in four competitions plus there will be many international games ... I think we need Cesc. Depending on how many of our current players leave in the summer we could also bring in a defensive midfielder like Khedira.

One thing is for sure ... anyone buying Cesc will be strengthening their squad - to our detriment if it happens to be a Premiership club.

Imagine a team like this lined up to play Real in a champions lge quarter or semi ...

Szcz

Jenkinson
    Kos
    Mert
    Gibbs

Cesc

Ozil
    Ramsey
    Santi --

Remy
    Giroud

Wilshere, Ox, Greissman, Khedira, Vermaelen, Theo, Monreal, GK

... you can interchange a few names here as starters or subs ...

... I suddenly am starting to feel a sense of impending glory and euphoria ... COYG

... and come on Arsene ... plunge and be decisive ... show intent and ambition now we have an oppertunity

phunkymonk wrote: »
    The fact he insisted there was a buy back clause as part of the deal, I think he has to go and use it. He can only make us better and will stay for 4/5 years at least. its a no brainer but stranger things have happened over the years! Van Persie going to Utd one of them....c**t!

Come on after Ashley Cole left his boyhood club for the riches, I think loyalty to a club went out the window and nothing surprises me with players these days. It's all about the money these days. loom at Sagna, he's going to city cause they are paying a 31 year old 130 k a week.

I would buy him but first lets buy what the team really needs first and if Cesc is going for the cheap then snap him up. I have a feeling Utd might snap him up.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Who is saying our midfield is average? I've only seen people say his quality will add to the team not save it, I don't think our squad needs saving, just improving if we're to challenge properly next season.

greendom wrote: »
    So you don't think he would improve our midfield ?

Honestly, i take him in a heartbeat but do I think we should go all out and break the bank and lose out in other positions to get him, No i think Ramsey, Ozil, Wilshire and the Ox will be the best Midfield in the world in a year or two time. Get a top Defensive Midfielder in there and **** that line up with a bit of steel in it would kill most teams. I just don't think apart from getting a top DM our midfield is too far away from been the best around.

ugsparky wrote: »
    I've been thinking about Cesc ... should he return or not.

Firstly, what is he? He's a very talented midfielder who can arrive late outside and inside the box to score goals - very similar to Ramsey but probably more skillful. He's now a very experienced international and champions league player. He can link with the back four, taking the ball off them and distributing it wide or forward. I honestly think he could play a David Silva type role for Arsenal if required.

Who have we at the moment? Arteta, Diaby, Flamini, Rosicky, Ox, Ramsey, Ozil, Jack, Santi, Zelalem and Coquelin. Of this group Arteta, Diaby, Flamini and Rosicky are nearing the end of their Arsenal careers. I would think we simply must buy back Cesc and a defensive midfielder/hard tackling holding type player. That gives us many options in midfield/ attacking midfield. We possibly should try to keep one of the four players - I'd keep Flamini purely because of his previous partnership with Cesc.

Forget about Benzema - it's either Remy or Mandzukic. Greissman would be a luxury but a definite statement of intent - I believe he could be as potent as Overmars/ Robben or Ribery ... and finally a full back to be an understudy to Jenkinson ... I'd give him his chance. A cheap but reasonable backup goalkeeper and that's us sorted.

So Cesc, Remy (he seems to fit in with Giroud at international level), Greissman for the same reason and also I think he will be brilliant and a fullback and keeper ( should get both for under £10m). Think of all the options that could give us.

I would still try and keep Vermaelen but use him more in league cup/ fa cup and early champions league games - both in defence and as a defensive midfielder - I think he is skillful enough to play in this role - people forget he has a ferocious shot and isn't afraid to move into space when he can ... a chance for the other midfielders to stay back and cover.

All the major clubs now have a large midfield selection and rotate them ... Real, Barca, City, Chelsea, etc ... we will be in four competitions plus there will be many international games ... I think we need Cesc. Depending on how many of our current players leave in the summer we could also bring in a defensive midfielder like Khedira.

One thing is for sure ... anyone buying Cesc will be strengthening their squad - to our detriment if it happens to be a Premiership club.

Imagine a team like this lined up to play Real in a champions lge quarter or semi ...

Szcz

Jenkinson
    Kos
    Mert
    Gibbs

Cesc

Ozil
    Ramsey
    Santi --

Remy
    Giroud

Wilshere, Ox, Greissman, Khedira, Vermaelen, Theo, Monreal, GK

... you can interchange a few names here as starters or subs ...

... I suddenly am starting to feel a sense of impending glory and euphoria ... COYG

... and come on Arsene ... plunge and be decisive ... show intent and ambition now we have an oppertunity

To be honest if that midfield was put out against Barca or Real in Europe I think we would get absolutely hockeyed.

All that signifies what we are lacking - a top defensive midfielder.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Who is saying our midfield is average? I've only seen people say his quality will add to the team not save it, I don't think our squad needs saving, just improving if we're to challenge properly next season.

He's quality hasn't been seen for a while Mickeroo.

This is a Guy who's playing in probably top 4 side in the world right now but under performs most weeks. When was the last time you saw Fabergas take a game by the scruff of the neck?. I don't want it to hinder Wilshire or Ox's growth into world class talent. I'm just not convinced we will see the same Cesc who left a few years back.

Come on after Ashley Cole left his boyhood club for the riches, I think loyalty to a club went out the window and nothing surprises me with players these days. It's all about the money these days. loom at Sagna, he's going to city cause they are paying a 31 year old 130 k a week.

I would buy him but first lets buy what the team really needs first and if Cesc is going for the cheap then snap him up. I have a feeling Utd might snap him up.

I agree money talks, Cole went to Chelsea, RVP to United leaving there boyhood clubs. Cesc needs to be convinced financially and ambitiously.

There is no way we would show that ambition by parking Cesc spending the next 8 weeks chasing other players then coming back and saying now we will have you.

You buy him now and then work on other plans Cesc is to huge for a club like Arsenal to pass up on if he can be got. Wenger signing for 3 years will help as will us winning a cup, signing Ozil and being told we will but others this summer. Cesc may believe we are ambitious enough to compete

To be honest if that midfield was put out against Barca or Real in Europe I think we would get absolutely hockeyed.

Common sense prevails again.

Once again some of you are ignoring our Weakest spot, the reason we got slaughter by the big teams. We need a Toure or Matic type of strong midfielder who will bully the game and let the Ozil's and Ramsey's of this world play the way they do. UgSparky having Cesc as a defensive Midfielder is asking for trouble.

• Advertisement

Fabregas had a team built around him at Arsenal, he was the main man and it showed on the pitch.
    Messi is the man at Barca. No coincidence that Fabregas's best matches were when Messi was injured.

He's quality hasn't been seen for a while Mickeroo.

This is a Guy who's playing in probably top 4 side in the world right now but under performs most weeks. When was the last time you saw Fabergas take a game by the scruff of the neck?. I don't want it to hinder Wilshire or Ox's growth into world class talent. I'm just not convinced we will see the same Cesc who left a few years back.

He averages 15 goals a season and the same in assists. I think he's doing all right. In fact I kind of hope he stays there rather than seeing him in the EPL in another shirt. It's all down to what Luis Enrique thinks.

... I disagree with you ... you think Cesc and Ramsey can't be competitive? As I said you could interchange if you had Khedira or Flamini still in the squad ... how many defensive midfielders had we in our invincibles squad ?

Said it yesterday. I think this would work.

Dm Ramsey
    Theo cesc ozil

Once again some of you are ignoring our Weakest spot, the reason we got slaughter by the big teams. We need a Toure or Matic type of strong midfielder who will bully the game and let the Ozil's and Ramsey's of this world play the way they do. UgSparky having Cesc as a defensive Midfielder is asking for trouble.

We are allowed to get both Cesc and a DM, it isn't an either or situation.
    Just because we want Cesc doesn't mean we don't want some more steel in the centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

You pro Cesc lot are making it sound like we got a lot of average and crap players in our midfield.
    Far from it. I fully believe we have the best starting midfield in the league. That didn't stop them being swept aside though when we had a few injuries. Cesc would improve any midfield. Even our own. We don't need him, but he is a special talent that I'd prefer to be playing for us, than against us.

I just don't see why we can't buy Cesc (30m is pretty cheap too imo) and all the other players we need, buying Cesc now doesn't reduce our chances of buying anybody else. It's really not as hard to complete transfers as Wenger and co. like to make out I think.

Nobody is for a second ignoring it. You however seem to think they are the only spots that need fixing.

Go have a look at our midfield over Feb/Mar/April and tell me there is no place for Cesc. We need the positions you say almost everyone agrees but we also need more world class players to compete.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I just don't see why we can't buy Cesc (30m is pretty cheap too imo) and all the other players we need, buying Cesc now doesn't reduce our chances of buying anybody else. It's really not as hard to complete transfers as Wenger and co. like to make out I think.

Buying Cesc increases our chances of buying those players I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Soups123 wrote: »
    I agree money talks, Cole went to Chelsea, RVP to United leaving there boyhood clubs. Cesc needs to be convinced financially and ambitiously.

There is no way we would show that ambition by parking Cesc spending the next 8 weeks chasing other players then coming back and saying now we will have you.

You buy him now and then work on other plans Cesc is to huge for a club like Arsenal to pass up on if he can be got. Wenger signing for 3 years will help as will us winning a cup, signing Ozil and being told we will but others this summer. Cesc may believe we are ambitious enough to compete

You make it sound like we should be trying to win him over when it's the other way around. We're the best club who are in for him. United are in a rebuilding phase, Chelsea and City are stacked in midfield - it just leaves us. The question is do we think Cesc is ambitious enough to get stuck in and earn his place in that midfield as opposed to believing he is entitled to it - which he is not. Ozil, Ramsey are the two who play in his position and in my view both are better on current form. Fabregas has had 4 years in La Liga and not much CL experience so expecting him to hit the ground running isn't fair.

I suppose I'm still bitter since he forced his way out of the club but our priority should be a striker (not Remy ffs) and a DM. If he wants to come back he'll let us know instead of having us grovel for him. As far as he is concerned we've replaced him with Ozil and he needs to prove that he is worth more to us than a striker or DM would be.

Soups123 wrote: »

Ambitiously, he could be lining up with Ramsey, Wilshire, Ozil, Carzola, Ox in a young and skilful midfield. A team who've broken the cup drought, they be ambitious with the right signings this summer to go on and win the league. I think it be all about the wages to be honest, will we be able to compete with City and Chelsea even Utd at offering him 230,000 a week, that's hard to turn down. Will he show loyalty and want to come back where his nest years were? that's the question.

I'm not entirely convinced if he's worth all that money. seen him in La Liga hasn't exactly blown me away.

ugsparky wrote: »
    ... I disagree with you ... you think Cesc and Ramsey can't be competitive? As I said you could interchange if you had Khedira or Flamini still in the squad ... how many defensive midfielders had we in our invincibles squad ?

Where did I say they are not competitive?? They aren't defensive midfielders. That is the issue. No matter how good of a footballing side you are you need that defensive midfielder.

As regards the Invincibles - Gilberto Silva? Viera was the complete midfielder and excelled defensively. Ramsey or Cesc are way off that type of game.

You make it sound like we should be trying to win him over when it's the other way around. We're the best club who are in for him. United are in a rebuilding phase, Chelsea and City are stacked in midfield - it just leaves us. The question is do we think Cesc is ambitious enough to get stuck in and earn his place in that midfield as opposed to believing he is entitled to it - which he is not. Ozil, Ramsey are the two who play in his position and in my view both are better on current form. Fabregas has had 4 years in La Liga and not much CL experience so expecting him to hit the ground running isn't fair.

I suppose I'm still bitter since he forced his way out of the club but our priority should be a striker (not Remy ffs) and a DM. If he wants to come back he'll let us know instead of having us grovel for him. As far as he is concerned we've replaced him with Ozil and he needs to prove that he is worth more to us than a striker or DM would be.

Without a doubt we have to win him over, thats how this works. Do you think Ozil came to Arsenal without been won over? He will have a choice of world class clubs without a doubt we will have to show him what our programme is and want him to buy into it.

He aint going to be as nostalgic as the fans and sign because he wants to come 'home', this is just drivel players feed to fans

He only go to those other clubs if he wants more money, simple as. Cesc has to show us he's not that flop that's he shown at Barca but is still that marvellous talent that shone brightly for us in the past.

I'm with you, the way he left the club did leave me a bit bitter towards Cesc. A part of me has been happy it hasn't worked for him at Barca, he went there thinking he be a superstar now he's been let go after only three seasons. I hate the fact many on here are ignoring our other positional problems and want us to buy a player who's been off the boil for years just so other English team won't buy him, that's what it boils down too.

No ... not neccesarily a defensive midfielder ... I just put him in front of the back four ... with a defensive midfielder like Khedira or Flamini you could have Santi on the bench ... depending on who you are playing ... look at how Chelsea dealt with tough games ... defence first ... agreed but you must also have the counter attack ...

We are not going to get Yaya or Bender ... what defensive midfield player would we buy?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement