Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

This with ox news.

The season is over but yet these sad days are still happening...

All we need is a Theo setback now :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Sad Days :confused:, Not like he's leaving Arsenal to Join Chelsea. A lot of you on here are only guessing or making up things that Wenger and Arsenal were in for him. Don't lay the blame at Wenger's door when you don't have any proof we were even interested in taking him back.

With ox injury and the prospect of cesc joining Chelsea, yes it is a sad day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Arsenal taking back Fabregas would be like a married man taking his missis back after a few years away shagging another bloke. Would he really want to come back if things were rosey in Barcelona, he would in his shiite. We should concentrate on our own squad and never mind what Chelsea do, we need a full back, def mid, winger and striker instead of another attacking midfielder who left us when it suited him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

With ox injury and the prospect of cesc joining Chelsea, yes it is a sad day.

The ox news sucks massively as he's a Arsenal player

Cesc going to Chelsea, stings a little but he wasn't an Arsenal player for years. So it doesn't hurt as much.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Arsenal taking back Fabregas would be like a married man taking his missis back after a few years away shagging another bloke. Would he really want to come back if things were rosey in Barcelona, he would in his shiite. We should concentrate on our own squad and never mind what Chelsea do, we need a full back, def mid, winger and striker instead of another attacking midfielder who left us when it suited him.

Cesc left with Arsene's blessing.

He didn't cheat us, like Ronaldo leaving United, he was suppose to go onto bigger things.

It worked out for Ronaldo, not for Cesc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Costa, possibly cesc, Lukaku and Courtois to come back for them, we will need to show serious intent in the coming months to compete with that

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭clouter

1. L'prof
    2: Skylinehead
    3: Raf32
    4: Quazzie
    5: Jacksparrow
    6: dorgasm
    7: D_turbo
    8: omega man
    9: Omeceron
    10:Greendom
    11:wawaman
    12:Bad2dabone
    13: Mickeroo
    14:batistuta9
    15: Jonny666
    16: Soupie
    17: Marty McFly
    18: Gringo
    19: Shano_88
    20: gandalf
    21: tayto lover
    22: tipp_gunner
    23: wonga77
    24: Pappa Dolla
    25: clouter
    26:
    27:
    28:
    29:
    30:
    31:
    32:

wonga77 wrote: »
    Costa, possibly cesc, Lukaku and Courtois to come back for them, we will need to show serious intent in the coming months to compete with that

Wenger knows this an he will make those signings, if not then give him hell. Let's wait and see instead of making all doom and gloom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,467 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The ox news sucks massively as he's a Arsenal player

Cesc going to Chelsea, stings a little but he wasn't an Arsenal player for years. So it doesn't hurt as much.

It hurts me.
    I remember his passion and how he got the team and the fans riled up.
    If he came back to us we wouldn't have to wait for him to settle into the game we play as he grew up with it something we would have to do with any new player.
    I'd hate to see him at any other EPL team.

How will fans feel if we buy feck all players during the summer and Cesc playing for Chelsea? I wouldn't be too happy for one.

I will not worry yet though as the vast majority of these rumours are just paper talk.

Id have liked Cesc back because he at the very least gets stuck in and isn't shy of a tackle. Even Kevin Nolan said he urged him to calm down at a time that Bolton had a stranglehold over Arsenal. We have too many nice boys playing for us these times. Santi, Wilshere, Ozil, are all excellent when the team is winning easily, but when we fall behind all lose heart far too handily

• Advertisement

Wenger knows

It starts :D

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Cesc left with Arsene's blessing.

He didn't cheat us, like Ronaldo leaving United, he was suppose to go onto bigger things.

It worked out for Ronaldo, not for Cesc.

Maybe so but its not up to us to take him back because it hasnt worked out for him. We have moved on, its time we signed players that will fit straight in to our system instead of accomating Fabregas in the team by pushing Ozil and Santi out wide. We need pace to get in behind teams, if we signed Cesc I think it would mean not signing a winger which would be a bad move imo.

It hurts me.
    I remember his passion and how he got the team and the fans riled up.
    If he came back to us we wouldn't have to wait for him to settle into the game we play as he grew up with it something we would have to do with any new player.
    I'd hate to see him at any other EPL team.

How will fans feel if we buy feck all players during the summer and Cesc playing for Chelsea? I wouldn't be too happy for one.

I will not worry yet though as the vast majority of these rumours are just paper talk.

It stings for sure, but as a few said on here why should he show loyalty, he doesn't owe us anything. He showed passion, gave his best and did brilliantly for us. Then he left. I hated when Van Persie went to Utd, after the following season of him kissing the badge and giving it loads to the fans. Cole was with us since he was a kid, yet he showed no loyalty and he was a local lad. Players like Steven Gerrard are a rare breed these days, shown loyalty to one club.

We will buy players, Wenger can't be that stupid not too.

As you said it's all rumours until they announce it through Chelsea or his agent or himself, I won't believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Bitterly disappointed for Ox in missing out on the World Cup. Hope it's not a 6 monther.

As for Cesc, just don't do it mate.

Glad to see im the same number as Yaya Sanogo in the sweep stakes anyway :P

greendom wrote: »
    Bitterly disappointed for Ox in missing out on the World Cup. Hope it's not a 6 monther.

As for Cesc, just don't do it mate.

Both rumours so we don't know yet if they are true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Glad to see im the same number as Yaya Sanogo in the sweep stakes anyway :P

I've Cesc's :(

Quazzie wrote: »
    I've Cesc's :(

Spare a thought for poor old Gringo. He has the number that Grimandi cursed. Later worn by Cygan, Silvestre and Squillachi :D

Don't you do it Cesc :pac:

Spare a thought for poor old Gringo. He has the number that Grimandi cursed. Later worn by Cygan, Silvestre and Squillachi :D

Good oul Gilles, one of my favourite Arsenal players ever, what a warrior he was! One of the funniest things I ever seen was his reaction after tackling Edgar Davids (preventing a certain goal) in David Seamans testimonial. Cult Hero :D

The less said about the rest the better :)

• Advertisement

Both rumours so we don't know yet if they are true.

ITV reporting that Ox left the stadium limping slightly but without the need for crutches

We will buy players, Wenger can't be that stupid not too.

We've been saying that for years and I really really hope this is year that he fills the missing gaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

1. L'prof
    2: Skylinehead
    3: Raf32
    4: Quazzie
    5: Jacksparrow
    6: dorgasm
    7: D_turbo
    8: omega man
    9: Omeceron
    10:Greendom
    11:wawaman
    12:Bad2dabone
    13: Mickeroo
    14:batistuta9
    15: Jonny666
    16: Soupie
    17: Marty McFly
    18: Gringo
    19: Shano_88
    20: gandalf
    21: tayto lover
    22: tipp_gunner
    23: wonga77
    24: Pappa Dolla
    25: clouter
    26: extra gravy
    27:
    28:
    29:
    30:
    31:
    32:

Hey Diaby! I got your number. Mate.

We've been saying that for years and I really really hope this is year that he fills the missing gaps

He did sign Ozil last season, so it's a start.

ITV reporting that Ox left the stadium limping slightly but without the need for crutches

Hope it isn't serious, poor lad can't catch a break. He was England's best player too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Hope it isn't serious, poor lad can't catch a break. He was England's best player too.

He catches too many breaks

He did sign Ozil last season, so it's a start.

If Wenger was serious he would have bought Ozil and a striker.

Everyone know's we badly ****ed up last summer and January, you would have to be a fool to believe he will change now.

Everyone know's we badly ****ed up last summer and January, you would have to be a fool to believe he will change now.

I'm getting a feeling You ain't a Wenger supporter Y2K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Pretty disgraceful we havent done or attempted to do any business so far. At least sign a backup gk , loads available on a free.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Pretty disgraceful we havent done or attempted to do any business so far. At least sign a backup gk , loads available on a free.

I say we won't be doing business until after the WC to be honest Raf32.

I'm a fool. We got screwed last season by Suarez and his entourage. If not Higuain would have been an Arsenal player.

I say we won't be doing business until after the WC to be honest Raf32.

Thats absolutely gutting Looper007, always last with getting our squad together, no preseason together for them again.

I thought it was Real that screwed the Higuain deal?

Craig Gordon would be a shrewd signing as back up keeper. Wasnt long ago Sunderland paid big money for him. Hes a fine keeper and seen an interview with him the other day saying he is in the best shape hes ever been in.

• Advertisement

No business has been done, that's for sure but we have no idea what has or hasn't been attempted.

I thought it was Real that screwed the Higuain deal?

I don't know for sure but I think we cooled on Higuain when we were told Suarez had a buy out clause in his contract.

Craig Gordon would be a shrewd signing as back up keeper. Wasnt long ago Sunderland paid big money for him. Hes a fine keeper and seen an interview with him the other day saying he is in the best shape hes ever been in.

Did he not retire through injury? Or is that my imagination

No business has been done, that's for sure but we have no idea what has or hasn't been attempted.

ah i know its all only hear say just gutted seeing Liverpool and Chelsea starting their business early. City will too no doubt. Like Arsene basically said after the world cup all along but why wait? why limit the time our new players have to gel in? Surely its not hard to sign a backup gk, i really dont want to be stuck with Martinez as number 2.

Thats absolutely gutting Looper007, always last with getting our squad together, no preseason together for them again.

It's wenger's way sadly, we have to do it his way as long as he is doing business during the WC and have them lined up to announce after then I'm fine with players coming in mid to end July and early August. I think we make three signings at best.

• Advertisement

Read somewhere earlier on that we made a bid for Hulk. 99% sure its absolute baloney as with most of the rumours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Wemger is off reporting for French TV and chasing skirt around Subway stations. He's no more interested in signing anyone early.

I don't know for sure but I think we cooled on Higuain when we were told Suarez had a buy out clause in his contract.

I though Real jacked up the price when we were close to a deal? that's the thing with Arsenal, we never really know what's going on behind closed doors

It's wenger's way sadly, we have to do it his way as long as he is doing business during the WC and have them lined up to announce after then I'm fine with players coming in mid to end July and early August. I think we make three signings at best.

Im gonna say 2, a new right back and a forward. Martinez to #2 and Flamini/Arteta for the DM.

Let's be honest we ain't a club that likes anyone else to know until the time is right.

Read somewhere earlier on that we made a bid for Hulk. 99% sure its absolute baloney as with most of the rumours.

Christ waste of money, we should be doing better then that. But I don't believe it for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Do ya know what? I think its time we all calmed the **** down. Its the 4th June and we don't have a clue what is going on. That's the reality and the logic is we are doing it. Manager said as much.

If we were looking into any other forum we would be laughing about a meltdown. A meltdown?? Over what?? Rickie Lambert and a rumour on a spanish radio station?? FFS.

Im gonna say 2, a new right back and a forward. Martinez to #2 and Flamini/Arteta for the DM.

we need a top class striker and Defensive midfieders, they are the must's.

A right back and GK too.

Also a Winger and CB if we can.

I say we get the top two and a Right back. At best we will spend 70 millions, i'd love a surprise signing but doubt it.

Do ya know what? I think its time we all calmed the **** down. Its the 4th June and we don't have a clue what is going on. That's the reality and the logic is we are doing it. Manager said as much.

If we were looking into any other forum we would be laughing about a meltdown. A meltdown?? Over what?? Rickie Lambert and a rumour on a spanish radio station?? FFS.

Rumours will always be the death of us fans. I just want the World Cup to come along and for us to be chatting happily about how great it is then come back after 13th of July and then talk transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I know we want to strengthen, but there's no feeling better than when we signed Ozil last summer :D I really do think I'd settle for the same again even if it meant we lacked in certain areas.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement