Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Wouldn't like to see Chelsea get both of them at all

getting fabregas and have hazard, cant look past them this year tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Hulk is useless. Biggest mystery in football is how he keeps getting big money moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Raf32 wrote: »
    Fabregas and Di Maria to Chelsea
    Hazard to PSG
    Cavani to Arsenal

hope more than anything

That would actually be pretty good for us. I reckon bringing Cesc in and shipping Hazard out would weaken them. I'd love to get Cesc more for emotional reasons than anything. He was my favourite player at the time and it would kill me to see him with a rival but at least in that situation, he wouldn't be strengthening them too much.
    dvemail wrote: »
    If Chelsea got Cesc, Di Maria as well as Costa we may just hand them the league. :P

Unless they get rid of Hazard. Di Maria unlikely to go to them (I hope) so I still think they're there for the taking if we strengthen ourselves.

Can these few days get any worse? Sagna to City, Fabregas to Chelsea and Ox getting a bad injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Can these few days get any worse? Sagna to City, Fabregas to Chelsea and Ox getting a bad injury.

Have any of these even been confirmed?

Why are people getting so worked up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

The last two are all rumours Raf and others sprouting them as truths

Today we be told if Ox is seriously injured or not.

No one has come out and said Cesc is moving to Chelsea all rumours from a unreliable source.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Have any of these even been confirmed?

Why are people getting so worked up?

No none have been confirmed. Fabergas thing isn't even up on Sky sports. Ox is having a scan later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Di Maria is not going to be leaving Madrid. Why do people believe this crap?

And why is everyone so convinced Fabregas is moving to Chelsea? Is there anything concrete at all?

GeoffArsenal confirmed Cesc isnt going to Arsenal so cant see past Chelsea tbh. Either way must mean we have rejected using our buy back. Sagna has been gone for ages but its OX who im most worried about. was seen walking without crutches though

Di Maria is not going to be leaving Madrid. Why do people believe this crap?

And why is everyone so convinced Fabregas is moving to Chelsea? Is there anything concrete at all?

I doubt Cavani is leaving PSG. Di Maria wouldn't leave Real and he's been playing some amazing football this season, they be made to even consider it.

It's from something a radio station said in Spain. Everyone is stating it as fact.

• Advertisement

GeoffArsenal confirmed Cesc isnt going to Arsenal so cant see past Chelsea tbh. Either way must mean we have rejected using our buy back. Sagna has been gone for ages but its OX who im most worried about. was seen walking without crutches though

Does GeoffArsenal work for Arsenal, is he privy to Arsene wenger's dealings or Fabregas's agent. Don't believe anything until someone who's with Arsenal or Cesc or his agent say something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Think Piqué was playing a joke.

Would be strange if Fabregas went to Chelsea.
    1. Chelsea are probably looking for another Defensive/Deep lying Midfielder beside Matic.
    2. Fabregas has previously said he would not.
    3. There was animosity between RM and Barca because of Mourinho.
    4. All the stuff Mourinho had said about Wenger, I am sure Fabregas must have some personal loyalty to Arsene.

Besides who says Arsenal have not paid €33 million, as the clause only seems to be for if another team bids. Would the extra €3m be a sweetner to just get business done quick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Looper007 wrote: »
    Does GeoffArsenal work for Arsenal, is he privy to Arsene wenger's dealings or Fabregas's agent. Don't believe anything until someone who's with Arsenal or Cesc or his agent say something.

Am i right in saying that alot of people say that he does work for Arsenal? or am I confusing him with someone else, either way, he's usually fairly accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭ronjo

Looper007 wrote: »

GeoffArsenal is actually a convoluted anagram for Arsene.

Notice the letters I have highlighted and underlined.

Its really Wenger !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

ronjo wrote: »
    GeoffArsenal is actually a convoluted anagram for Arsene.

Notice the letters I have highlighted and underlined.

Its really Wenger !

Apparently Geoff played a few games for my local team, Barnet, when I used to go watch them regularly. don't remember any Frenchmen in the team back then, but he would have been the right age. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

TBH I would hope we don't sign any player who is taking part in the WC before it. With our luck they'll get injured while playing in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Geoff isn't reliable, he spent the last 3 windows getting stuff wrong

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 1m
    Arsenal have informed Barcelona they won't be exercising buy-back option on Fabregas. He was keen but #afc not seeking a creative midfielder
    Fabregas now open to market & future likely to be sorted in next few weeks. #Afc priority striker & right-back + will get back-up goalkeeper

most reliable man for arsenal transfer news imo

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 21s
    Sky Sources: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain ruled out for 10 days to 3 weeks with knee injury #SSN

Probably wont play a part in the world cup but delighted he will be ok for our preseason.

• Advertisement

Probably wont play a part in the world cup but delighted he will be ok for our preseason.

Still a bitter blow for him to miss out on the World Cup. Maybe though if England reach the latter stages..... no scrap that, poor bugger.

greendom wrote: »
    Still a bitter blow for him to miss out on the World Cup. Maybe though if England reach the latter stages..... no scrap that, poor bugger.

Tough for him after missing the cup final but at least he will be rearing to go for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Arsenal have informed Barcelona they won't be exercising buy-back option on Fabregas. He was keen but #afc not seeking a creative midfielder

Fabregas now open to market & future likely to be sorted in next few weeks. #Afc priority striker & right-back + will get back-up goalkeeper

most reliable man for arsenal transfer news imo

Yep, if Ornstein says we're not in for Fabregas then its probably true.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

David Ornstein of the BBC on Twitter - he's usually pretty reliable:

David Ornsteinbbcsport_david 11m

David Ornsteinbbcsport_david 10m

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

... and another season of Arteta/Flamini. Great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Not buying an attacking midfielder has no affect on who we play as a defensive midfielder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Cesc Fabregas in a Chelsea jersey? This is where I give up on football. Seriously I'm fúcking devastated.

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 3m
    Arsenal may also sign a defensive midfielder if right deal available, but not in market for another attacking midfielder #bbcsportsday #afc

Thank god!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Not sure how signing Fabregas sorts any of that out. He's not and will never be a defensive midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Cesc Fabregas in a Chelsea jersey? This is where I give up on football. Seriously I'm fúcking devastated.

i feel sick.

Im not upset we arent signing Cesc, just gutted he is going to Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

hsbc wrote: »
    David Ornstein of the BBC on Twitter - he's usually pretty reliable:

David Ornsteinbbcsport_david 11m

David Ornsteinbbcsport_david 10m

cant believe it.

i told u we should have bought him back just for the sake of him not going to chelsea.

well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'd swap özil for fabregas in a heartbeat. Just think, if they'd paid extra for Higuain last summer then özil wouldn't have come in and fabregas would be on his way back right now. Fabregas and Higuain instead of giroud and özil.

If he goes to Chelsea it will be as a replacement for Hazard who is a better player IMO which will actually weaken Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

exactly.

dinorebel wrote: »
    If he goes to Chelsea it will be as a replacement for Hazard who is a better player IMO which will actually weaken Chelsea.

Hazard ain't leaving Chelsea...

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    PSG think differently.

Mr Blobby wrote: »

how can him and hazard play together in a park the bus tactic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

I guess this is what separates us from City/Chelsea. If it was either 2 in our shoes, they'd be buying Fabregas as damage limitation ie so he wouldn't go to our rivals. We mightn't need him but he's going to be a great asset to one of our rivals, who are already better than us.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

The eternal optimist! Fair play!

Wolf Club wrote: »
    I guess this is what separates us from City/Chelsea. If it was either 2 in our shoes, they'd be buying Fabregas as damage limitation ie so he wouldn't go to our rivals. We mightn't need him but he's going to be a great asset to one of our rivals, who are already better than us.

yup

• Advertisement

gunnersopinion.com ‏@gunnersopinion 55s
    If Cesc goes to Chelsea, along with Costa, they've won the title. We've handed them the title just like we did for United and van Persie.

Find it very hard to disagree with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Do liverpool play with a dm?

Look at the role Gerard plays for them now.

how can him and hazard play together in a park the bus tactic?

Quite easily..
    http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=34p2

We either have something very good lined up or they are out of their minds, time will tell.

I see quotes attributed to Cesc from 2010 saying he would never play for Chelsea.

Are these real ? If so, they are really going to get thrown back in his face.

The good vibes from the cup win are in danger of being lost here. I hope there's a couple of marquee signings lined up.

gunnersopinion.com ‏@gunnersopinion 55s
    If Cesc goes to Chelsea, along with Costa, they've won the title. We've handed them the title just like we did for United and van Persie.

Find it very hard to disagree with this.
    How have we handed anything over? He's not our player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If Hazard leaves this summer I'll eat my hat.

No amount of money will move him.

I also dont think we'll get Cesc.

How have we handed anything over? He's not our player.

We had first buy back. We could buy him instead of letting him go to our rivals.

We had first buy back. We could buy him instead of letting him go to our rivals.
    Yes, but we don't need him. In fact, players like Ramsey would suffer if he came back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Thought these days were gone now and we could compete with the big teams, not allow them strengthen when we have such a good chance to stop it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement