Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

greendom wrote: »
    We probably are. Quite possibly more Jewish. So what ?

What did we win for being the richest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Giroud working brilliantly as a link man , which is exactly why we need to get a speedy striker to go with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Giroud working brilliantly as a link man , which is exactly why we need to get a speedy striker to go with him

not watching who's up front with him?

Benzema, He set up a goal for Cabaye though a ball chipped into the box and Olly knocked it down for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Hmm Benzema……..

And now Benzema just set up Giroud great stuff ......Sign him Arsene just do it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

DenMan wrote: »
    France vs Jamaica tonight! Hope our boys will be playing! 8pm KO.

Yes, Giroud,Griezmann, Remy, Benzema and Schneiderlin all played tonight;) No Koscielny though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

After watching the Soccer Aid match.. We should sign Seedorf :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeah and they won 8-0 great entertainment better than that celebrity ****e anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

edit: None of yer posts showed up for me til after I posted!!

Good to see Giroud on the scoresheet tonight, though it was hardly competitive, finishing 8-0. Griezmann and Benzema had a brace each too ;)

New stadium for the Rams.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

New stadium for the Rams.

What's this? I can't find anything about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I'd say it was more the type of player tbh.

We have the great CB pairing.

We have a fantastic engine in midfield.

We need the energy in attack. A furious creator/dribbler/finisher.

Suarez would have made this team really amazing IMO.

I don't think Jovetic or Higuain would have done the same. Wenger believed Suarez was available.

Wenger had to go for him. They only fault is that he was a bit timid about it where he could have thrown another 10 million on top and really tested Liverpool and the supposed release clause.

Though then Suarez was banned and didn't have near the stats he does now.

After that Ozil was a no brainer.

In all I think that Wenger should just go further with transfers. We're set up well for years and only missing one or two key players. If we have a load of money lying around anyway then it's very hard to put a upper price limit on the final piece if the jigsaw.

So Cesc off to Chelsea on wages of £160,000 pw. would we have paid him more than Ozil ? What with wages and the 33million fee, that would have been a huge chunk of our transfer budget gone on a player we don't really need.

Having said that it's going to be tough watching him do the business for Jose. Really hope it doesn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

So Cesc off to Chelsea on wages of £160,000 pw. would we have paid him more than Ozil ? What with wages and the 33million fee, that would have been a huge chunk of our transfer budget gone on a player we don't really need.

Having said that it's going to be tough watching him do the business for Jose. Really hope it doesn't work out.

Is that confirmed or still all just rumour?

Soups123 wrote: »
    Is that confirmed or still all just rumour?

Nothing has been confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Nothing has been confirmed.

Is it coming from somewhere reliable I'm not seeing it anywhere

I can't for the life of me see why Cesc would do that 2 days before the WC.

Spain will do well - imagine chasing their possession game in that heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

gosplan wrote: »

for 160,000 thousand a week ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Spain will do well - imagine chasing their possession game in that heat.

It's Winter in the Southern Hemisphere. The heat wouldn't be too bad near the equator.

After the whole RVP going to Utd, the whole ex players or players going to other premiership clubs isn't as shocking as it once was for me. Sure it sucks but money speaks to a players heart rather loyalty to a club. I'm more shocked if he does go to Chelsea cause of what he said in the past about them and how Jose kicked him in the back of the head during a El Classico.

It's Winter in the Southern Hemisphere. The heat wouldn't be too bad near the equator.

Near the equator its always bad. It's when you travel further South it gets cooler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

There is no winter near the equator :pac:

No where reliable... Probably off Twitter.

Reddits soccer thread is the best and fastest place for football news.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Near the equator its always bad. It's when you travel further South it gets cooler

There is no winter near the equator :pac:

When you live close to the equator, you have dry and wet seasons.

The wet season is in Summer where the humidity is very high and there is frequent thunderstorms.

The dry season is in the Winter where humidity and rainfall is at its lowest, but the skies are sunny and comfortably warm.

Humidity is what tires players but you can acclimatise to it if you live and train there for a couple of weeks.

All those thunderstorms are now migrating north towards America where they will contribute the hurricane season.

When you live close to the equator, you have dry and wet seasons.

The wet season is in Summer where the humidity is very high and there is frequent thunderstorms.

The dry season is in the Winter where humidity and rainfall is at its lowest, but the skies are sunny and comfortably warm.

Humidity is what tires players but you can acclimatise to it if you live and train there for a couple of weeks.

All those thunderstorms are now migrating north towards America where they will contribute the hurricane season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manaus#Climate

Very, very little variation in temperature and humidity. There's less rain at this time but the humidity is what causes the problem.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Would rather we continue to talk about meteorology for the entire summer if it means we have no more meltdowns. :pac:

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Would rather we continue to talk about meteorology for the entire summer if it means we have no more meltdowns. :pac:

I haven't been burnt yet! Where's OUR heatwave?!

#wengerout :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Wenger caused Katrina

AdamD wrote: »
    Wenger caused Katrina

Not true.

He was offered the weather machine for 45 million but wouldn't go above 43.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Looper007 wrote: »
    After the whole RVP going to Utd, the whole ex players or players going to other premiership clubs isn't as shocking as it once was for me. Sure it sucks but money speaks to a players heart rather loyalty to a club. I'm more shocked if he does go to Chelsea cause of what he said in the past about them and how Jose kicked him in the back of the head during a El Classico.

Loyalty means absolutely nothing in Cesc's case as Wenger doesn't seem to want him back anyway.

Loyalty means absolutely nothing in Cesc's case as Wenger doesn't seem to want him back anyway.

I'm sure that if Ozil hadn't been sold last Summer, Fabregas would now be on the cusp of being an Arsenal player again. Pragmatism rules over romanticism though so no prodigal son routine this Summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

I'm sure that if Ozil hadn't been sold last Summer, Fabregas would now be on the cusp of being an Arsenal player again. Pragmatism rules over romanticism though so no prodigal son routine this Summer

Ozil better realise the faith Wenger is showing in him and perform next year, if he doesn't seriously improve next year, he will have fans on his act big time now that we are not going for Cesc.

Knowing our luck Ozil will disappoint next season ( get injured probably ) and Cesc will have a blinder winning the title with Chelsea.

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Ozil better realise the faith Wenger is showing in him and perform next year, if he doesn't seriously improve next year, he will have fans on his act big time now that we are not going for Cesc.

Knowing our luck Ozil will disappoint next season ( get injured probably ) and Cesc will have a blinder winning the title with Chelsea.

I kinda getting sick of people acting like Ozil had a terrible season..

Sure statistically he was pretty much on par with David Silva.

I kinda getting sick of people acting like Ozil had a terrible season..

Sure statistically he was pretty much on par with David Silva.

I thought we signed the best attacking midfielder in the world, not David Silva.

I'm getting sick of people acting like he wasn't a disappointment.

He was, no shame in admitting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I thought we signed the best attacking midfielder in the world, not David Silva.

Ah come on man give the lad a chance, he came from La Liga which is a much more slower league than the hustle and bustle of the Premiership, add in with the fact he had no pre season with us under his belt I think he did very well. Look at Eden Hazards first season for example and how much he improved last season with that under his belt. I know he came with a hefty price tag and big reputation but he is only human.

If you honestly expected him to come in to a new team,country,league and absolutely tear it up, you'd be very foolish.

You have to remember he was used to playing with the likes of Ronaldo,Di Maria and Benzema all ahead of him.

He was brought in to create chances and he did that plenty.. Not his fault our strikers didn't take them.

• Advertisement

He was brought in to create chances and he did that plenty.. Not his fault our strikers didn't take them.

Blaming others now?

So what if he had Ronaldo, Di Maria, Benzema?

They are never going to play for us, he didn't need them at Bremen where he was brillant.

Creating chances isn't enough, in alot of games he played like Hleb MKII this season, it was his attitude I was disappointed with, didn't want the ball, to take on players, didn't take responsibility, played beneath himself.

I hope he proves me wrong, it would be great having Cesc there to take the pressure of him.

Both of them are notorious for their form tailing off badly at the end of each season ( March, April, May ), due to their lack of fatigue and physical power.

Cesc's form from March onwards ( business end ) was horrible season after season, with Ozil I fear it will be the same, especially if Wenger thinks Cazorla and Wilshire are up to the job of rotating with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I'm bored, trivia question.
    How many countries are represented by an arsenal player at this years world cup?
    No cheating now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

wonga77 wrote: »
    I'm bored, trivia question.
    How many countries are represented by an arsenal player at this years world cup?
    No cheating now

Thinking 5. Germany, France, Spain, Costa Rica and England?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Thinking 5. Germany, France, Spain, Costa Rica and England?

And Belgium - Vermaelen

Is Park still our player :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Technically Djourou is still our player till July 1st so thats Switzerland also.

and why does he need him, I've been saying that since this came up. He has one of the best attacking midfields about with age on their side. all it needs for me is a fast attacking left winger and top class Defensive midfielder and it's pretty much sorted.

Good luck to the guy wherever he goes, wish him the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Looper007 wrote: »
    and why does he need him, I've been saying that since this came up. He has one of the best attacking midfields about with age on their side. all it needs for me is a fast attacking left winger and top class Defensive midfielder and it's pretty much sorted.

Good luck to the guy wherever he goes, wish him the best.

World class players are very hard to come by especially one that wants to come to us for a relatively small fee, but this discussion has been done to death, he ain't coming so let's see what Wenger brings.

Blaming others now?

So what if he had Ronaldo, Di Maria, Benzema?

They are never going to play for us, he didn't need them at Bremen where he was brillant.

Creating chances isn't enough, in alot of games he played like Hleb MKII this season, it was his attitude I was disappointed with, didn't want the ball, to take on players, didn't take responsibility, played beneath himself.

I hope he proves me wrong, it would be great having Cesc there to take the pressure of him.

Both of them are notorious for their form tailing off badly at the end of each season ( March, April, May ), due to their lack of fatigue and physical power.

Cesc's form from March onwards ( business end ) was horrible season after season, with Ozil I fear it will be the same, especially if Wenger thinks Cazorla and Wilshire are up to the job of rotating with him.

His attitude can't be determined by what we see of the games. You've no idea what instructions he was given.

4 more goals and 4 more assists and he would have matched his last season at Madrid.

A dip in form is perfectly OK given the move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

His attitude can't be determined by what we see of the games. You've no idea what instructions he was given.

4 more goals and 4 more assists and he would have matched his last season at Madrid.

A dip in form is perfectly OK given the move.

Which he also might have matched had he not got injured himself.

The criticism of Ozil has been beyond a joke at times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement