Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

efb wrote: »
    @cesc4official: I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice. They match my footballing ambitions with their hunger and desire to win trophies...

Hang on, is this actually happening?

I thought it was just the papers talking shite...I didn't think he'd make such a dick move and go to Chelsea.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hang on, is this actually happening?

I thought it was just the papers talking shite...I didn't think he'd make such a dick move and go to Chelsea.

0,,10268~12900820,00.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Was hoping Bayern would come in and sign Fabregas. Bit sick he has signed for Chelsea as I dont like the club or Mourinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Was hoping Bayern would come in and sign Fabregas. Bit sick he has signed for Chelsea as I dont like the club or Mourinho.

many chelsea dont like him or want him, so there you go!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

His statement says the option to take him back to Arsenal wasn't taken up.

and rumours Arsenal get ~£5mil out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

add him to the list now !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Bp8F6lkIUAA0yX-.jpg

Mickeroo wrote: »
    0,,10268~12900820,00.jpg

That's devastating.

"I do feel that I have unfinished business in the Premier League and now is the right time to return."

Heartbreaking stuff. If you said 5 years ago that RVP would be at United and Fabregas at Chelsea I would have laughed in your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Once I heard Jose talking about him last week it
    was obvious.

Some people here think paper talk is b s all the time, suppose it's understandable been arsenal fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

The pain is fatal. Im in a bad way here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

I really really hope wenger has something big lined up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Bp8F6lkIUAA0yX-.jpg

Wait 'til he starts kissing the badge!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Over to you, Arsene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Omg I really didn't think it was actually going to happen :O

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Over to you, Arsene.

he needs to do something proper this window now.

I feel sick seeing Fabregas in that rag.

This had better be ****ing good from Wenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Did Arsenal just not want to sign him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

Gutted.

The €30m has to be spent elsewhere now or questions will be asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Vomit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Whatever about it being Cesc and us not signing him. Chelsea selling David Luiz for a bomb and using the money to buy Fabregas and Costa is a disaster.

• Advertisement

#traitor trending on twitter.

Small consolation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Whatever about it being Cesc and us not signing him. Chelsea selling David Luiz for a bomb and using the money to buy Fabregas and Costa is a disaster.

Yeah can't believe the money they got for Luiz. So crazy there should be an enquiry about it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Not bothered in the slightest by the Cesc move.
    Would have been nice to see him come back but we neither had the space for him nor the interest in signing him.

It would very much hurt more if we were in for him and he chose Chelski over us but the fact is We weren't t after him.

Gotta admire Chelsea getting business done quickly. I can't see us doing ANYTHING of note till August.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I can't see us doing ANYTHING of note till August 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ugsparky

What alarms me more about this is how quickly and efficently it was done. If the portugeezer can sign a player before a world cup ball is kicked why can't Arsenal and Arsene Wenger not do the same.

Does anyone fear a repeat of the last few seasons last minute scramble ? I sincerely hope we have our targets identified and negotiations and enquiries are well under way. Anything less will be viewed as serious lack of ambition.

I'm happy with the idea that Arsene didn't want or need Cesc as he has a strategy that involves players whom he believes are more talented and suited ... but I'll definitely not swallow Gazidas's bulls**t if we don't show ambition.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Did Arsenal just not want to sign him?

If we hadn't signed Ozil and Ramsey hadn't improved so much he would be an Arsenal player now imo. The club had good reasons to turn him down provided they address the areas in the squad that do need strengthening.

Honestly I felt worse when he went to Barca because I genuinely thought the team were on the cusp of something great at the time.

Would have been nice to see him come back but we neither had the space for him nor the interest in signing him.

It would very much hurt more if we were in for him and he chose Chelski over us but the fact is We weren't t after him.

Gotta admire Chelsea getting business done quickly. I can't see us doing ANYTHING of note till August.

Arsenal didn't need him in fairness. Your midfield is in tip-top shape, up front should be you key signing.

I think Wenger has made the correct decision in not bringing him back, we have far too many players that can play in the attacking midfield roll and if we did sign him it would mean we would have to accommodate him in the starting XI. We need pace to penetrate defences not another ball player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

WE'll probably find out in due course that there was a clause in the contract meaning we have to pay Chelsea €5 million.

The gnashing of teeth and wailing is going to be unbearable for a while. And no chance of getting any business done until after the WC. Think I might stay away for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

So Mister DNA goes to play for Chelsea and Mourinho the sworn enemy of Barcelona :pac:, says it all about modern day football.

Bit of a kick in the gut to see him in a Chelsea jersey but meh really about the whole thing said all along didn't need him and it would be a silly transfer for Arsenal to make glad to see Wenger didn't let sentimental value cloud his judgement and turned him down.

The only thing it will do in the eyes of the fans and media is ramp up the pressure on Arsenal to make the signings we need in the areas we need.

But you also get the feeling no matter who we sign some sections won't be satisfied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Not needed, we need a striker and a right back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I feel the same. It would have been nice but ah well. Wenger absolutely must do the business in the transfer market this summer though or there will be a massive backlash. Unfortunately I dont see it happening. Its a top class striker we all want (and prob what we need) but I dont think we will get one. There isnt one available unless we are talking about 60million+ which will never happen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

So Mister DNA goes to play for Chelsea and Mourinho the sworn enemy of Barcelona :pac:, says it all about modern day football.

Bit of a kick in the gut to see him in a Chelsea jersey but meh really about the whole thing said all along didn't need him and it would be a silly transfer for Arsenal to make glad to see Wenger didn't let sentimental value cloud his judgement and turned him down.

The only thing it will do in the eyes of the fans and media is ramp up the pressure on Arsenal to make the signings we need in the areas we need.

But you also get the feeling no matter who we sign some sections won't be satisfied.

I would be a little pee'd (although very little) if he chose Chelsea over us although the fact we refused to show interest in him makes it a non mater.

I like signings like this makes the premierleague all the more interesting.

Now Arsene spend the fluking monies.............. on a striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Arsenal need a seriously good summer to justify this happening, and their recent track record makes me think it won't happen.

And you can't ignore the not letting Chelsea have him reason for signing him, like it or not all big clubs do it, Arsenal just aren't ruthless enough.

If im annoyed by anything it is our inability to do any transfer business until the end of August, with Chelsea getting in Costa and Fabregas so early means they will have a full pre season behind them at the club and they will be clued into the way Mourinho wants them to play. But we seem to leave everything to the last minute and it takes the new signings up to October to be settled into the Arsenal style of play.

• Advertisement

Our 3 best players from no more than 4 years back are all gone playing for 3 direct rivals. Nasri, Fabregas and RVP. What a load of cock, Wenger spouting about building a sustainable team or whatever, sure what ****ing good is it, when all the best ones end up playing against ya?

Aside from Chelsea, he is the only person in this situation that won't give a ****. Some man, he better have one hell of a plan this time, seriously like. This better not be another load of poo poo cause he can well and througly **** off if we are looking at Giroud come the first game of the season.

Our 3 best players from no more than 4 years back are all gone playing for 3 direct rivals. Nasri, Fabregas and RVP. What a load of cock, Wenger spouting about building a sustainable team or whatever, sure what ****ing good is it, when all the best ones end up playing against ya?

Aside from Chelsea, he is the only person in this situation that won't give a ****. Some man, he better have one hell of a plan this time, seriously like. This better not be another load of poo poo cause he can well and througly **** off if we are looking at Giroud come the first game of the season.

Going by who we've been linked to so far, unless we get Balotelli, Giroud will be our main striker next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Oh and look at that Chelsea squad, they've just filled in their 2 missing links: A Striker and a CB, may as well sign over the league now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Thank god it's over, no more silly talk of Fabregas moving back to Arsenal.

We didn't need him and Wenger knew it, seen as Ramsey is turning into a world class talent and we have Ozil plus other top quality midfielders like Wilshire, Ox, Carzola. Now Wenger go out and splash that money on some talented strikers, left winger, right back and defensive midfielder and this team will beat anyone on it's day.

I'm not mad one bit, him moving to Chelsea wasn't the fact they outbid us or he joined them over us, it's the fact we didn't want him. After the opening match of the season, we'll all get used to him playing for Chelsea.

The detractors will come out and say Arsene and Arsenal were silly to pass him up , like they always do with our club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I honestly didnt expect this to happen, especially not today on the eve of the WC.

Our need for an attacking CM was more pressing then yeres though so ye've nothing to worry about in the window yet, we've got Ramires, Matic, Mikel, Van Ginkel who combined have about 50 goals in there career if I was to guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Cesc at Chelsea is worse than RVP at United for me, but I got over that and I'll get over this.

Anyway where did United finish last season ? What goes around, comes around...

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Going by who we've been linked to so far, unless we get Balotelli, Giroud will be our main striker next season.

Top scorer in Serie A last season Ciro Immobile just signed for Dortmund a few days ago for around 12 million cant see why we didn't try to go for him.

AdamD wrote: »
    Arsenal need a seriously good summer to justify this happening.

Justify what exactly, a player we didn't need seen as we have one of the best attacking midfields in the league. If he was a defensive midfielder then I complain but he ain't so forget it.

We need to sign a top striker and Defensive midfielder. left winger, back up goalkeeper and right back too.

Looper007 wrote: »

The detractors will come out and say Arsene and Arsenal were silly to pass him up , like they always do with our club.

Most of us agree that we didn't need him.

The issue is Chelsea getting all their business done before the WC while we're just sitting idly by. This is the story every.single.year with us. Have we ever actually signed someone before July? Chelsea will have 2 months to prepare their team in the off season while we're scrambling around for scraps.

I don't know what I'll do if we're looking at Giroud as our lone striker come the end of August.

Also now Chelsea have Oscar, Hazard, Fabregas which is the best attacking midfield line in the league right now. There goes our trump card in one foul swoop.

greendom wrote: »
    Cesc at Chelsea is worse than RVP at United for me, but I got over that and I'll get over this.

RVP is worse for me. He left for another English team.

Cesc left for a team aboard. He came back cause he under performed, We didn't want him (that is now a fact) and he joined the other big team from London, which is what his girlfriend wanted a move back to London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Looper007 wrote: »
    Justify what exactly, a player we didn't need seen as we have one of the best attacking midfields in the league. If he was a defensive midfielder then I complain but he ain't so forget it.

We need to sign a top striker and Defensive midfielder. left winger, back up goalkeeper and right back too.
    Best attacking mids in the league ?

Maybe for a couple of games until they all get injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Top scorer in Serie A last season Ciro Immobile just signed for Dortmund a few days ago for around 12 million cant see why we didn't try to go for him.

Actually it's almost 20 mil. Euro (19.6 mil. according to reports from Italy and Germany).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Most of us agree that we didn't need him.

The issue is Chelsea getting all their business done before the WC while we're just sitting idly by. This is the story every.single.year with us. Have we ever actually signed someone before July? Chelsea will have 2 months to prepare their team in the off season while we're scrambling around for scraps.

I don't know what I'll do if we're looking at Giroud as our lone striker come the end of August.

Also now Chelsea have Oscar, Hazard, Fabregas which is the best attacking midfield line in the league right now. There goes our trump card in one foul swoop.

Also Schurlle, Willian and Salah in reserve don't forget.

We still need strikers every bit as much as you guys, when Costa is holding up a Chelsea shirt I will believe we have him. Even then we need at least one more if Lukaku does not hang around. Our business not done yet but at least we are getting there I suppose.

greendom wrote: »

Cesc at Chelsea way worse. Only sickened about RVP cause he was unreal. I love Cesc.

I think it might end in tears for him, he looks to be struggling a bit and he is the type of player that will only work well if he is playing 100% of games. The team needs to be built around him, which it won't be at Chelsea. I'm jst sour though.

Anyone saying we don't need him. History with Arsenal, always always always repeats itself. Naming out players like Ox, Ramsey, Wilshere...what do they all have in common? I wouldn't even bet on all of them being fit for one game ever. Arteta is pushing on, rosicky is gonna be a cup and impact player. We signed Kim Kallstrom half way through season with the excact same midfield. We could have done with him, if that isn't clear now, I gurantee it will be at some stage proably when chelsea are beating us 6 0

DubDani wrote: »
    Actually it's almost 20 mil. Euro (19.6 mil. according to reports from Italy and Germany).

Still a bargain in todays market for a top scorer in Serie A. Even more impressive doing it playing for Torino.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement