Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ah ffs, could they not wait until tomorrow, cesc is enough for one day.

He has posted a goodbye and thanks to arsenal on he's Instagram!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

He has posted a goodbye and thanks to arsenal on he's Instagram!

I seen that alright, but hopefully not city today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Problem is you can't replace Fabregas with defensive mids. The only players Fabregas would replace are Ozil and Cazorla.. Which imo don't need replacing.

The club passing on Cesc was the right move IF they've other players in mind.

Wenger puts loyalty before quality.

He could have been ruthless and sold the player(Carzola) who played a massive part in winning us the FA cup and replaced him with Fabregas, a player who abandoned us.

I would of sold Carzola because Fabregas is simple a better player for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Wenger puts loyalty before quality.

He could have been ruthless and sold the player(Carzola) who played a massive part in winning us the FA cup and replaced him with Fabregas, a player who abandoned us.

I would of sold Carzola because Fabregas is simple a better player for me.

He just signed a new contract. The interesting thing in all this is that Wenger probably knew full well Fabregas was leaving this summer a lot earlier than it became more real. I think the decision not to resign was made last summer provisionally amd cemented

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Cemented by Ramsey's continued progress. I dont think its a case that Wenger has been in Brazil agonizing over this. This decision was made long ago for him.

• Advertisement

He just signed a new contract. The interesting thing in all this is that Wenger probably knew full well Fabregas was leaving this summer a lot earlier than it became more real. I think the decision not to resign was made last summer provisionally amd cemented

Yes I think its obvious Wenger knew Fabregas would be available before Carzola signed his new contract.

Wenger chose Carzola over Fabreags, in my opinion because of loyalty.

Hopefully it proves to be the correct decision, I would of gone with Fabregas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wenger needs something big now. Weather or not we needed Fabregas is unimportant. At the end of the day we handed a title rival a world class player who will improve them big time. All we had to do was say yes and he was ours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I really think we will regret not signing Fab, even more pressure on Ozil next season now.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

I paid for my season ticket renewal today. Renewed before 1st June but paid the c/card today. £1640 including last years everton and bayern matches.

Not bothered by fabregas at the moment. But that will change if we don't sign a £30m player.

Ps last year someone replied when I questioned whether I was mad at the cost by it being value for a trophy winning side so someone o the honours please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

irish son wrote: »
    I really think we will regret not signing Fab, even more pressure on Ozil next season now.

I feel the same, guaranteed there will be occasions next year when we'll be questioning the decision not to add real quality to our squad, not that some will ever admit it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

That Bernard impressed me when he came on for Brazil there. Very good technically and has pace to burn. Would be very gettable too with the current situation in Ukraine where he plays with Donesk

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gringo180 wrote: »
    That Bernard impressed me when he came on for Brazil there. Very good technically and has pace to burn. Would be very gettable too with the current situation in Ukraine where he plays with Donesk

Wasn't he linked strongly with us before going there last summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The rumour mill was in over-drive for him last Summer. I think even L'Equipe confirmed his Arsenal signature at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

He does seem to be quite good. Can't see us getting him if we get Vela though, which is looking increasingly likely (although we may sell him on).

Yeah a quick search on google suggests he was very close to signing for us at one stage. Looks a great talent he seems to have great balance running at full pace with the ball. I think we will see more of him in this World Cup as Hulk was very poor tonight. One to keep an eye out for.

Bernards agent is probably getting calls as we speak, and not from arsenal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Considering he moved to Shakhtar last year for €25M.. I doubt it.

As we speak we probably have £5m + £1 on him (despite him probably being worth loads more) :pac:

Is it unknown for players to move after one season?

Shakhtar are pretty much a selling club though but it will be at a profit no doubt.

• Advertisement

When he came on the commentary team mentioned he was looking for a move away from there due to the civil unrest in Ukraine at the minute. Looks a very similar player to Juninho that played for Middlesborough but with much more pace.

Is it unknown for players to move after one season?
    Shakhtar are pretty much a selling club though but it will be at a profit no doubt.

Well he's been pretty **** in Ukraine and hasn't been worth near is fee.
    Shouldn't even really be at the WC imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

Yes I think its obvious Wenger knew Fabregas would be available before Carzola signed his new contract.

Wenger chose Carzola over Fabreags, in my opinion because of loyalty.

Hopefully it proves to be the correct decision, I would of gone with Fabregas.

Can't believe Arsene has maybe picked carzorla over cesc. If we were playing Chelsea in the PL tomo, who would u want in ur team? When the going gets rough I'd have cesc all the time

18 league games 7 assists and 3 goals. Not as bad as your making out to be fair to the kid.

Ill bow to your expertise on that one. Was impressed with him in the confed cup last year but as you said he may well have been a flop when he made the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Cazorla left wing or cesc left wing

I'd pick cazorla

Cause that's what yer arguing about

Ill bow to your expertise on that one. Was impressed with him in the confed cup last year but as you said he may well have been a flop when he made the move.

The fact that he's ahead of Firmino is a joke.
    I'm guessing Scolari see's something i don't.

Can't believe Arsene has maybe picked carzorla over cesc. If we were playing Chelsea in the PL tomo, who would u want in ur team? When the going gets rough I'd have cesc all the time

I would have Cazorla all day over Fabregas for one reason only in that he has been a loyal and brilliant professional ever since he has arrived at our club unlike Fabregas who fecked off to Spain because he woke up one day and decided he had Barca DNA.

I would have Cazorla all day over Fabregas for one reason only in that he has been a loyal and brilliant professional ever since he has arrived at our club unlike Fabregas who fecked off to Spain because he woke up one day and decided he had Barca DNA.

He's here 2 years, fabregas was with us for 8 years.

• Advertisement

He's here 2 years, fabregas was with us for 8 years.

He practically went on strike to force his move through tho. Couldnt see Santi doing the same if im been honest.

He practically went on strike to force his move through tho. Couldnt see Santi doing the same if im been honest.

I understand what you're saying, but then it's your heart making decisions over quality.

Didnt Cazorla make some half arsed threat not so long ago about leaving to win trophies?

wonga77 wrote: »
    Didnt Cazorla make some half arsed threat not so long ago about leaving to win trophies?

Ya doubt Carzola would stick around if Barca, Real, Munich and co came calling.

And I wouldn't blame him.

When cesc gets a few assists or goals the meltdown In here will be of epic proportions

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

When cesc gets a few assists or goals the meltdown In here will be of epic proportions

I only see that happening in 2 situations:

!. The goals and assists are against us.

2. The club makes an absolute balls of the transfer window.

• Advertisement

Especially against us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Anti-Wenger man himself Piers Morgan is saying on Twitter he heard Fabregas wanted "obscene" wages to come back. He's a great player but a prick, I find it laughable anyone thinks he has a shred of love or loyalty to Arsenal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It's going to be a nightmare of a season - Fabregas performs well for a few matches and Ozil has a bit of a barren patch and the told you sos will be out in force. What was Wenger thinking etc etc ad nauseum.....

Especially against us.

This is ozils team now backed up by Ramsey, we can't be spending 30m on a squad player

Correct call by wenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Cazorla left wing or cesc left wing

I'd pick cazorla

Cause that's what yer arguing about

Cesc at Arsenal or Cesc at Chelsea, that's what we're arguing about. Even as a squad player here hes more use than helping Chelsea win the league.

Its alright to have a strong squad you know.

• Advertisement

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Anti-Wenger man himself Piers Morgan is saying on Twitter he heard Fabregas wanted "obscene" wages to come back. He's a great player but a prick, I find it laughable anyone thinks he has a shred of love or loyalty to Arsenal!

Piers Morgan come on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

This thread is really giving me a headache today you'd swear we just sold our key player to Chelsea.

Sit back and enjoy the WC ffs

Soups123 wrote: »
    This thread is really giving me a headache today you'd swear we just sold our key player to Chelsea.

Sit back and enjoy the WC ffs

Eh.....no!

When did anyone start listening to piers fcuking morgan

I didn't see Fabregas all over the media pushing to come back to us or getting his Spanish buddies to put an Arsenal shirt on him. He WALKED OUT on our club and he overtly did nothing to come back into it.

If van Persie was leaving Man Utd tomorrow should we be all crying he's not coming back here?

And it's Twitter.

So we have piers Morgan and Twitter as sources!

AdamD wrote: »
    Cesc at Arsenal or Cesc at Chelsea, that's what we're arguing about. Even as a squad player here hes more use than helping Chelsea win the league.

Its alright to have a strong squad you know.

30m of our 100m on a squad player

And another 5/6 positions to fill

I don't I have him blocked - only getting his tweets via RTs of others. Anyway, my point is he uses every available opportunity to have a go at Wenger, surely this is a big one to go after him with if he wanted too?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I don't I have him blocked - only getting his tweets via RTs of others. Anyway, my point is he uses every available opportunity to have a go at Wenger, surely this is a big one to go after him with if he wanted too?

True but who the fcuk would listen he's a grade A bell end and the world knows it

30m of our 100m on a squad player

And another 5/6 positions to fill

I thought we moved to the Emirates so we could compete with the big boys and bring world class players to the club?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement