Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

People are not that impatient in my opinion.
    They just wonder why we leave everything to the last minute nearly every season when early business can allow new players to gel into the side during pre-season games. It makes sense to do that I reckon.

Being in there and getting your targets early has to be an advantage and I really hope Wenger is very active BUT I don't think anyone is happy being glued to the t.v. in the last hour of the market hoping that we buy someone.

I would think that what annoys many people is the fact that the club is supposedly keen on certain players and then we see other clubs buy them one after the other while we wait and wait for news.

Its just human nature i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I can see the attractions for clubs signing players before the WC. They have a good tournament and the price will go up as they are more in demand. However the big danger is you sign a player they head off to the tourny and lo and behold they get a serious injury. I think its a definite at this stage that we won't be doing any business before the WC ends and tbh I am OK with that.

gandalf wrote: »
    I can see the attractions for clubs signing players before the WC. They have a good tournament and the price will go up as they are more in demand. However the big danger is you sign a player they head off to the tourny and lo and behold they get a serious injury. I think its a definite at this stage that we won't be doing any business before the WC ends and tbh I am OK with that.

Agree BUT players can get a serious injury in a pre-season friendly.
    Do we avoid these too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Top players are unlikely to be looking at moving during the WC so Id imagine its gonna be 3 weeks of speculation till teams are out and home then things might get moving. That will still give 8 odd weeks of transfer window. Id say the 3 weeks after the WC is were the real business will be done and hopefully we will be well in the mix.

Sorry Tayto stop trying to ruin my imagined narrative where a certain Spanish player is viciously tackled by De Jong and has his leg amputated :p

salmocab wrote: »
    Top players are unlikely to be looking at moving during the WC so Id imagine its gonna be 3 weeks of speculation till teams are out and home then things might get moving. That will still give 8 odd weeks of transfer window. Id say the 3 weeks after the WC is were the real business will be done and hopefully we will be well in the mix.

Costa, Fabregas ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Costa, Fabregas ?

I said unlikely, but can't see too many more moves whilst they are in Brazil and in fairness the Costa one was all but done weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Snatchy

I see Titi on BBC now - that man is a future manager of Arsenal FC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Love BBC coverage

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

And there I was watching rte like a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Rio is just as bad as I hoped he'd be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Some people didn't want de jong, ha we would be very lucky to even have a small chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Some people didn't want de jong, ha we would be very lucky to even have a small chance.

We'd have every chance IF we wanted him

Soups123 wrote: »
    We'd have every chance IF we wanted him

Possibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

We could easily get De Jong :pac:
    I think people realise how much debt Milan are in.

• Advertisement

I'd take De Jong in a heartbeat ;)

Can Blind play RB :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 quikcunny

Wow what a cracker of a game, there was only one bad thing about that match. Robbie savage commentating ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Possibly.

you are negative soul ain't you. We would get him.

Looper007 wrote: »
    you are negative soul ain't you. We would get him.

I said possibly.

What makes you so sure we would get him?

Please enlighten me..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Real Sociedad president Jokin Aperribay in London to conclude €11m deal for Vela (Real Sociedad buying out Arsenal)
    https://twitter.com/PacojoSER/status/477514300719104000

Found this on Twitter.. Not sure how reliable.
    I'd be pretty pissed if we pass on Vela.

• Advertisement

I said possibly.

What makes you so sure we would get him?

Please enlighten me..

Champions league football and better wages is that good enough smarty pants.

Champions league football and better wages is that good enough smarty pants.

Smarty pants:)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Hopefully that means we want Griezman

I don't get the whole thing surely if a Vela didn't want to come he could just ask for absolutely ridiculous wages from Arsenal meaning a deal can't be done. Unless the deal covered the wage also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

A pretty good display on why we weren't in for Costa.

Anyone still annoyed about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

gosplan wrote: »

I'd argue cesc too

Football has changed we need pace now

Speed speed speed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Not in the slightest. We need more pace in our side, pace just destroyed technique there. Spain played like arsenal in a 12:45 kick off.

I don't follow?

I'd argue cesc too

Football has changed we need pace now

Speed speed speed

Agreed.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Not in the slightest. We need more pace in our side, pace just destroyed technique there. Spain played like arsenal in a 12:45 kick off.

And got the same result :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I don't follow?

A few people were annoyed we weren't in for him.

He's a great striker but has very different strengths to what we need.

A few people were annoyed we weren't in for him.

He's a great striker but has very different strengths to what we need.

I thought he was excellent first half running off the shoulder he made some great runs. Wasn't as impressive in front of goal though fluffed his lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I thought he was excellent first half running off the shoulder he made some great runs. Wasn't as impressive in front of goal though fluffed his lines

And that pathetic excuse for a head butt shows what a liability he can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Vela's stats are comparable to Soldado's. That makes him a gamble.

At €3.5m versus €26m, a gamble probably worth taking.

Unless we are buying better and have no room in the 25

greendom wrote: »
    And that pathetic excuse for a head butt shows what a liability he can be.

TBH I didn't know him until about 2 yrs ago which says a lot given his age. He has been very good when I have seen but he has a nasty side.

He isn't one I'd worry about missing out on

Alexis Sanchez from Barcelona would be a pretty good signing up forward. How would you guys feel about him joining us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

No I implied that Liverpool and Chelsea etc got their business done early which is the crux of the issue and not the quality of the signings.

I disagree, the quality of the signings is much more important than the timing. Take last summer. Would you swap Ozil on the last day for Soldado and Lamela early on. Same money, different outcome.
    Costa, Fabregas ?

You posted that before the Spain/Holland match, care to update?
    People are not that impatient in my opinion.
    They just wonder why we leave everything to the last minute nearly every season when early business can allow new players to gel into the side during pre-season games. It makes sense to do that I reckon.

Being in there and getting your targets early has to be an advantage and I really hope Wenger is very active BUT I don't think anyone is happy being glued to the t.v. in the last hour of the market hoping that we buy someone.

I would think that what annoys many people is the fact that the club is supposedly keen on certain players and then we see other clubs buy them one after the other while we wait and wait for news.

Its just human nature i suppose.

Giroud and Podolski were done early enough.

I am glad we waited for Ozil rather than spend our money early on duds.

Of course I will be critical if 1 September comes around and the squad hasn't been improved. But it is the 13th of June for god's sake. If we are looking at two full-backs and Wenger is waiting to see which performs better under the pressure of the World Cup, what is wrong with that?

Rumours abound that real sociedad are buying out our interest in Vela for €11m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Alexis Sanchez from Barcelona would be a pretty good signing up forward. How would you guys feel about him joining us?

Would be a nice signing, 25 years old, has some pace, 34 games last season with 19 goals and 10 assists.
    Ide be happy if he was our main signing in the forwards department this summer.

• Advertisement

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Rumours abound that real sociedad are buying out our interest in Vela for €11m

Explain to me if they do this Vela obviously wants to stay there. So why don't they allow Vela to talk to Arsenal and he can refuse terms, unless the buy back clause includes wage agreement also

Explain to me if they do this Vela obviously wants to stay there. So why doesn't they allow Vela to talk to Arsenal and he can refuse terms, unless the buy back clause includes wage agreement also

Dunno the ins and outs of the dealings but we'll see what pans out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Arseblog seems fairly certain we aren't going to be signing Vela anyway. It's a bit of a strange situation if Sociedad end up paying more for a player that they already own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

Metro has it that cazorla told family he wants to move to atletico. Saw in this thread two pages back how he would be loyal compared to Cesc.
    If he leaves and cesc gone to Chelsea, that is terrible bit of business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

TUBBY wrote: »
    Metro has it that cazorla told family he wants to move to atletico. Saw in this thread two pages back how he would be loyal compared to Cesc.

Ah come on, it's the metro.

TUBBY wrote: »

these rumours are getting out of hand on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Hope thats complete rumour, would hate to see Santi go, constantly creating magic and I feel he goes missing in the same games as the rest of our team.

Sky's odds on Ballotelli joining us are now 1/1... I havent followed him since he left City, as I hated his constant antics. Do we see Arsene taking on such a diva? Or has he calmed down since then? I think I remember some Italy squad member saying he had "matured".. And whats he worth?

Ajfunky wrote: »
    Hope thats complete rumour, would hate to see Santi go, constantly creating magic and I feel he goes missing in the same games as the rest of our team.

Sky's odds on Ballotelli joining us are now 1/1... I havent followed him since he left City, as I hated his constant antics. Do we see Arsene taking on such a diva? Or has he calmed down since then? I think I remember some Italy squad member saying he had "matured".. And whats he worth?

My spiderman senses are telling me Messi and Ronaldo are on the way to Arsenal. You heard it here first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Ajfunky wrote: »

Santi cazorla is past his best if you ask me but still very useful.

Didnt realise we were evens to sign balotelli I could imagine him being a real fans favourite and he d be perfect for ozil to be assisting id be happy to have him and give him a chance.

on what hes worth hes prob worth 20million in my eyes his potential+age and star status wont make him cheap.

Spanish press reporting it too.

Why would these papers pick him to make up a story like this.

Some people denied the cesc rumours and wouldn't even entertain the notion that maybe they might not know as much as other sources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 quikcunny

My spiderman senses are telling me Messi and Ronaldo are on the way to Arsenal. You heard it here first.

That's more like radioactive man senses, people may think I'm mad , but for a cheap dm , I would go for jedinak . Always kept an eye on him during the season for crystal palace , and I know a crystal palace player . But IMO he would be a good signing. And a bargain

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement