Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Very excited about him joining the squad in the Summer. Also means that more money can be spent on Centre forward, defensive mid, Gk and full back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Cavani has been ****e here.

And any other time I've seen him. Mainly champions league. He looks about 40 too! Bit of African voodoo goin on with his birth cert I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Check for barca DNA- negative.

Yes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

greendom wrote: »
    Very excited about him joining the squad next year. Means more money free to be spent on Centre forward, defensive mid, Gk and full back

Wow, more and more looks like we're getting a serious CF.

I'm telling ye. Suarez for 70 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Didn't Campbell have work permit issues and couldn't join the squad before?

Didn't Campbell have work permit issues and couldn't join the squad before?

There was an issue previoiusly but I'm pretty sure he could have played for us last season had Arsene sanctioned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

It's all weIl and good Campbell tearing it up against the best in the world but can he bla bla bla wet Tuesday night..........

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Probably not best time to ask but what's the story with Wellington Silva? Was his loan spell any good? Haven't heard much.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Probably not best time to ask but what's the story with Wellington Silva? Was his loan spell any good? Haven't heard much.

He's managed to get a work permit.

His performances haven't been spectacular which considering the level he was playing at in the Spanish 2nd league is disappointing.

Highly technical player with high potential but his huge inconsistencies in matches cast a huge cloud over his arsenal future.

At least now he can play in the u-21's and train occasionally with the first team and the staff at Arsenal who will be hoping to help him settle down and overcome his mental weaknesses.

Source:
    Jeorge Bird's Arsenal Youth | The stars of tomorrow, today

• Advertisement

Campbells playing style really reminds me of Podolski's which leads me to believe he could fit in easier than the rest of the Arsenal talents.

Also we know how Wenger loves his like for like replacements (Van Persie for Bergkamp, Diaby for Viera, Gibbs for Cole)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

It's all weIl and good Campbell tearing it up against the best in the world but can he bla bla bla wet Tuesday night..........

Yeah. Kind of true though.

I've no clue how good Campbell will be but it's only a matter of time before the next Anelka, RVP, Fabregas, Pires or Henry comes along and this time around as opposed to carrying the team for a while and moving on, Wenger can build a team around them Ozil, Ramsey, the CB's and whatever other world class players we have at the time.

I've said it before. The one thing Wenger has done consistently throughout his career is develop young players into superstars.

If he simply continues to do this but doesn't sell them and adds an Ozil a year.

I mean, who gives a fcuk who Chelsea sign then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

This look of Campbells, I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Who ye shouting for tonight? No wilshere or ox but I still hope England pull through. If only to see dunphy wearing a dress...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wonga77 wrote: »
    Who ye shouting for tonight? No wilshere or ox but I still hope England pull through. If only to see dunphy wearing a dress...

Yeah England for me, I hope we see Jack and Ox at some stage in the tournament.

Looper007 wrote: »
    I'm that important to you that you had to check up my past. He won me around that was last summer.

It wasn't hard to check up on you. I remember you spent most of last year slamming Wenger and his philosophies, I simply wanted to know how you had been reborn as a believer, while so many of us still have our doubts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Trying to find a reason for each match from our point of view.

Wilshere on the bench is our only interest here. At a push you could say Balotelli considering the transfer talk but if we start that we'll have about 10 players for every game.

Gervinho could be playing later but that's likely our only interest in that one.

Another former player in Djourou tomorrow for Switzerland along with Giroud, Kosclienly (think he is suspended) and if you want, Sagna for France. Dont think we have anything in the Argentina match unless you fancy a cry about Higuain? :pac:

It was interesting to hear Bradys opinions on balottelli, seen as he's strongly linked with us. Not convinced by him methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Our new striker balotelli almost scored with a great effort at the end of the first

Gary lewin stretchered off with a suspected broken ankle. Even our old physio's aren't safe from serious injury

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Good match so far. Have it down as a 2-2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

We ain't getting him now!

We ain't getting him now!

This was always my worry, that he'd have a storming wc and we'd be priced out, or maybe there's a deal done already
    It's all speculation anyway,we might'nt even be interested

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This was always my worry, that he'd have a storming wc and we'd be priced out, or maybe there's a deal done already

Sure Cavani's price should be plummeting, not a bad alternative :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

I reckon a lot of managers wouldn't want to go near him as they would consider him to be damaged goods.

Wenger knows how to tame a wild animal.

I reckon a lot of managers wouldn't want to go near him as they would consider him to be damaged goods.

Wenger knows how to tame a wild animal.

Cutting off their goolies ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wilshere on now for the last ~20.

Wilshere on, badly needed for england

Wilshere played shíté has he has for the whole season.

Most overrated player in the england squad.

Almost, almost as overrated as Gibbs.
    One cannot make a comment on Arseblog complaning about either of them without a whole host of delusional fans jumping on board, harrasing anyone who dare question the merit of Wilshere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Dapics wrote: »
    Wilshere played shíté has he has for the whole season.

Most overrated player in the england squad.

Almost, almost as overrated as Gibbs.
    One cannot make a comment on Arseblog complaning about either of them without a whole host of delusional fans jumping on board, harrasing anyone who dare question the merit of Wilshere.

Gibbs over rated? IGNOOOOOOOOOREEEEEE LIST

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jaysus I can't believe all the Wilshire hatred on here tonight. He didn't play ****e for the whole season he was injured for a good part of it. And when he did play he did contribute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Let's judge on 15 mins

Let's judge on 15 mins

Lets judge based on the fact that over the past season, he has consistently tried to take 3,4,5,6 players on at any time and failed spectacularly (Most of the time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Let's judge on 15 mins

....and in the warm up games where he has also done the sum of SFA.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Haven't watched the goal of the season for a few weeks. If anyone wants a reminder:

I realize in my somewhat drunken stupor I may have put it quite bluntly but I really am losing confidence in Jack's ability and also whether he will fulfill his potential.

What happened to the youngster who dominated Barca's midfield?

I understand he has been set back by injuries but seriously he has had a season and a half to fulfil his potential and show just why he deserves to be in the squad and I really have been dissapointed.

I will give him one more season, just like I gave Ramsey. But after this season, if Wilshere hasn't improved then I really will fail to see what differentiates him from the the likes of Barkley and Lallana.

As for Gibbs, I'm not getting into that. I have my opinions and that is that.

I admit jacky has had some moments of brilliance, but its his consistency and decision making which really peeves me off.
    As for this match, my opinion stands. Jack did nothing. Nada.

I realize in my somewhat drunken stupor I may have put it quite bluntly but I really am losing confidence in Jack's ability and also whether he will fulfill his potential.

Jaysus I remember when people were saying this about a certain Aaron Ramsey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

What happened to the youngster who dominated Barca's midfield?

I understand he has been set back by injuries but seriously he has had a season and a half to fulfil his potential and show just why he deserves to be in the squad and I really have been dissapointed.

I will give him one more season, just like I gave Ramsey. But after this season, if Wilshere hasn't improved then I really will fail to see what differentiates him from the the likes of Barkley and Lallana.

As for Gibbs, I'm not getting into that. I have my opinions and that is that.

I admit jacky has had some moments of brilliance, but its his consistency and decision making which really peeves me off.
    As for this match, my opinion stands. Jack did nothing. Nada.

Jack's had a decent season for someone who just came back from a year long injury.

He's started 19 games ( +5 subs) and in that got 3 goals and 4 assists. When compared to other players similar to him (Verritti for example) he's done quite well.
    He isn't the type of player who'll get you loads of goals and assists.. Instead when partnered with the right player he can be a great driving force from midfield.

Also being compared to Barkely or Lallana isn't a bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Two of the right backs we are most linked to in this game so should be a good watch even if just for that.

gandalf wrote: »
    Jaysus I remember when people were saying this about a certain Aaron Ramsey.

And?

Whats wrong with my comment? Is it anti-arsenal to question the ability and potential of a player? Particularly in an instance where many feel it vindicated?

'Jaysus'.

I questioned Ramseys as well and was forced to eat my humble pie.
    I want nothing more than for Wilshere to succeed at Arsenal and fulfill his potential. If he does so, I will gladly do the same.

• Advertisement

Dapics you said that Wilshire played ****e for the whole season. I and others disagreed with you on that. I never said you were Anti-Arsenal did I, can you point out where I did? Firstly he did not play for the full season and secondly considering he came back from injury I believe he did more than enough to justify his inclusion in the Arsenal squad.

As regards Gibbs, I much prefer to see him in the starting 11 than Monreal who makes me very nervous any time he plays for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Raf32 wrote: »
    Two of the right backs we are most linked to in this game so should be a good watch even if just for that.

Wouldn't mind Darmian judging by that Italy game.

And?

Whats wrong with my comment? Is it anti-arsenal to question the ability and potential of a player? Particularly in an instance where many feel it vindicated?

Nobody said that..

Ok, tell me this.. What type of player do you think Wilshers is? Because I think you're expecting things from him that he isn't expected to do.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Nobody said that..

Ok, tell me this.. What type of player do you think Wilshers is? Because I think you're expecting things from him that he isn't expected to do.

I expect Wilshere to perform consistently at a high enough level to warrant being selected as a starter in Arsenal's side. Heck even on the bench and being thrown on as a substitute.

He has some moments of brilliance, but his decision making and consistency are not up to the arsenal standard.

I expect Wilshere to perform consistently at a high enough level to warrant being selected as a starter in Arsenal's side. Heck even on the bench and being thrown on as a substitute.

He has some moments of brilliance, but his decision making and consistency are not up to the arsenal standard.

It's very hard to be consistent at a high level when you're constantly out injured..

Imo you're being very harsh.
    I honestly can't think of any games this season where Wilshere played bad for us.

Yes, he may not have set the world alight.. But we definitely missed him at the later part of the season.

Also Aurier starts for Ivory Coast in the next few minutes if anyone wants to get a look.

• Advertisement

It's very hard to be consistent at a high level when you're constantly out injured..

Imo you're being very harsh.
    I honestly can't think of any games this season where Wilshere played bad for us.

Yes, he may not have set the world alight.. But we definitely missed him at the later part of the season.

Fair enough comment.

Anyhow, Gervinho up next. I'm Looking forward to watching Forehead.

Dapics I think you're doing a bit of bandwagon jumping tbh. Given the fact he's been injured I think he has done well this season.

Just out of curiosity do you think Ozil played badly last season as well?

gandalf wrote: »
    Dapics I think you're doing a bit of bandwagon jumping tbh. Given the fact he's been injured I think he has done well this season.

Just out of curiosity do you think Ozil played badly last season as well?

I think he has played quite well actually. He might'nt have lived up to the high standards he set with RM but to be fair it's only his first season so I anticipate an improved Ozil this season.

For me, Ozil is a victim of his own brilliance rather than anything else.
    There can be no doubt he is a world class player whereas in the case of Wilshere there is a case for doubting whether he will reach that level.

I'm telling you now..
    If Puma give us kits similar to their WC shirts.. I'll be getting lipo!

I'm telling you now..
    If Puma give us kits similar to their WC shirts.. I'll be getting lipo!

I'l be getting creatine.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement