Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Shooting from outside the box will be beaten out of him if he does sign, don't worry about it :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They are?

By gathering pace, I mean "being mentioned in the papers" of course. :pac:

egghead. wrote: »
    Thought ozil had a good game.

Thought he was pretty quiet. Played a few good balls but was quiet compared to others and made mistakes. Back to his Madrid days of coming off after an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

greendom wrote: »
    Taking ridiculous shots all the time is not exactly a plus though. That would result in plenty of lost possession when the team was in a decent attacking position.

No I'm not implying that its a good thing, although it would add some more variety if we were to have more long shots. Just that it would go towards explaining his poor conversion stats and could be curtailed at the request of the manager.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Mickeroo wrote: »
    By gathering pace, I mean "being mentioned in the papers" of course. :pac:
    Wenger is stroking his chin more rapidly than usual...

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    Who is reporting these "quotes" though. We are right in the middle of silly season and tbh we already know quite a few of the rags make up storys to fill blank space.

AS i think it was, Spanish paper anyway. It's on arseblog

Hes decided to rate stories out of 10, with shít :pac: and gave it a 7.
    Though I'm not sure why, if it's he thinks santi won't be sold or the quotes are made up.
    If the quotes are real, 7 seems very high. It's like something id expect vermaelen to say not a player who just signed a new deal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Seaneh, you're probably the one to ask about Mario in fairness (sorry). Obviously by that post you don't want him to go, but what is your overall opinion of him? Do you think his temperament has improved at all? Is his poor conversion % due to him taking ridiculous shots all the time rather than being a poor finisher in general?

He got two yellow cards since Christmas and despite Milan being pants scored 14 goals in the league and some of them were outrageous pieces of individual skill. He's unplayable at times, and he's still only 23, I think he has everything in his game, he's big, strong, quick, good in the air, can score from 40 yards or a tap in. He's definitely calmed down a lot this year. He got stick this season undeservedly, when he drops deep people say he needs to stay forward and be the focal point, when he doesn't come deep people say he's lazy, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

And for all the shots he misses form range, if he didn't try them, you wouldn't get goals like this.

You have to remember he takes Milan's free kicks as well, so every free he hits is an "attempt", and like everyone, he misses more free kicks than he scores, but every now and then, he does this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I wonder is he coming this thread was on page 2 1st time i've seen that in ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

batistuta9 wrote: »
    AS i think it was, Spanish paper anyway. It's on arseblog

Hes decided to rate stories out of 10, with shít :pac: and gave it a 7.
    Though I'm not sure why, if it's he thinks santi won't be sold or the quotes are made up.
    If the quotes are real, 7 seems very high. It's like something id expect vermaelen to say not a player who just signed a new deal

I checked that out the higher the "poo rating" the less credible the story is. So a seven is basically him saying it's a probable pile of ****e!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

I wonder is he coming this thread was on page 2 1st time i've seen that in ages

Page 2 of what?

On the Soccer forum we're always up near the top unread threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Latest on the twitter bs grapevine is that we are more interested in Alexis Sanchez than Balotelli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Latest on the twitter bs grapevine is that we are more interested in Alexis Sanchez than Balotelli

Would much rather Sanchez to Ballotelli alright.

Would be happy with either

I'd rather Ballotelli to be honest Alexis is class but we need a killer an actual striker , Ideally would love both but that would never happpen,

Then again said the same about Ozil last summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If we need/buy 4/5 players then I don't think we will get any expensive ones.
    We will spend about 10 million on average on each.
    Can't see our lot spending 100 million or anything like it.
    Would be foolish to think otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Think we will have one marquee signing probably a CF possibly a Balotelli level signing, after that think Wenger might be heading to Lidl, good solid purchases but not brands we have heard of and possibly a horse blanket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Im guessing:
    ~2 million on a backup goalkeeper
    8-10 million on a right back
    15-20 million on a central midfielder
    25-30 million on a striker.

Seems like very few Arsenal players actually starting for their countries at this world cup.

It seems Ozil, Mertasacker and Campbell are the only starters.

• Advertisement

So Draxler says he ain't coming.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Seems like very few Arsenal players actually starting for their countries at this world cup.

It seems Ozil, Mertasacker and Campbell are the only starters.

Djourou, technically :P

A little Anagram Quiz for you lot as it's very quiet here.
    All below played for Arsenal in the past and the anagrams contain Christian and Surnames --

1. pank big red men
    2. damn save aid
    3. woman tinker
    4. me penultimate
    5. all banal
    6. i’m drab lay
    7. sad toy man
    8. a dry love aid
    9. up loser man
    10. ice park trivia
    11. i’m all rigid legs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

A little Anagram Quiz for you lot as it's very quiet here.
    All below played for Arsenal in the past and the anagrams contain Christian and Surnames --

1. pank big red men
    2. damn save aid
    3. woman tinker
    4. me penultimate
    5. all banal
    6. i’m drab lay
    7. sad toy man
    8. a dry love aid
    9. up loser man
    10. ice park trivia
    11. i’m all rigid legs

7. Tony Adams
    10. Patrick Vieira
    4. Emmanuel Petit
    1. Dennis Bergkamp

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

2. David Seaman
    5. Alan Ball
    6. Liam Brady

3. Martin Keown
    8. David O'Leary

3. Martin Keown

9.Paul Merson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

nevermind

• Advertisement

Is 11 Grimaldi?

Good job Tayto!

Pudders wrote: »
    Is 11 Grimaldi?

Good job Tayto!

Yes.

One last one -

12. A dire germ.

Yes.

One last one -

12. A dire germ.

Remi garde!

Remi garde!

That was driving me mad!

Djourou, technically :P

How could I have forgotten Park aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Is 11 Grimaldi?

Good job Tayto!

We've had a few clowns play for us down the years alright.

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    I checked that out the higher the "poo rating" the less credible the story is. So a seven is basically him saying it's a probable pile of ****e!

that's what i thought at first, though it seems a little high when cazorla was so noncommittal to arsenal.
    then i wondered if he was questioning the authenticity of the quotes from cazorla instead.

Should Wenger be scouting Ochoa after tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 diannesaloe

lets hope cleverly and nani go to arsenal and stamp their class in the gunners team ...............

Hmm, a new reg with 5 posts posting in the soccer forum. A mod will be in trouble tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmm, a new reg with 5 posts posting in the soccer forum. A mod will be in trouble tomorrow.

Did you not hear, the powers have opened the whole forum up for the world cup.

• Advertisement

I was always wary of the restrictions on posting in the soccer forum and thought they were slightly unfair.

Boy, was I wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Should Wenger be scouting Ochoa after tonight?

He's under 6ft isn't he ? Not sure he would thrive in the Premier League

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

lets hope cleverly and nani go to arsenal and stamp their class in the gunners team ...............

Ah guys, he's not really saying anything that bad.

I get that you're being sarcastic so is the point that Utd have some sh1t players that wouldn't be good enough for Arsenal?

They do though. I think in the case of these two, their Utd days are over and this is their agents trying to build their profile and create a bit of demand.

Nani might work out in a new league and new team.

I'm not sure Cleverly is even premiership level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

http://www.arsenal.com/fixtures/first-team

Open at home to Palace.

Second last game is away to United. No horror runs in my mind which is a big plus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭egghead.

Skipped straight to february, looks good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Nice fixtures.

No tough teams in row at all. Nearly always follow up a top four team or Utd with a weaker outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    http://www.arsenal.com/fixtures/first-team

Open at home to Palace.

Second last game is away to United. No horror runs in my mind which is a big plus.

as league fixtures go that's as good as we could hope for. Noticed there is no champions league entries on it so wonder if there is any Top 4 games before or after these CL games?! (if we qualify that is)

That's a great set of fixture compared to last year

Balotelli to score the winner at Old Trafford in the penultimate game to win us the league. 1-1 going in to injury time, Greizmann gets clear down the left, sends in a cross which is headed back by Draxler for Balo to score. He rips off his skin tight Puma jersey to reveal a t-shirt with "yes me again" written on it. RvP is seen off camera mouthing "I want to go back".

I'm off for a lie down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    as league fixtures go that's as good as we could hope for. Noticed there is no champions league entries on it so wonder if there is any Top 4 games before or after these CL games?! (if we qualify that is)

As far as i can make out, our fixtures after CL games (assuming we get there) are:
    Villa (a), Chelsea (a), Sunderland (a), Swansea (a), WBA (a), Newcastle (h)

5 aways games wont be helpful

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement