Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Warning Linked in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Overrated and not better than Walcott, Rambo and Ozil IMO.

:pac:

Ah, but would you sacrifice walcott, rambo and ozil for 1 of those 3?

Ah, but would you sacrifice walcott, rambo and ozil for 1 of those 3?

Not on your Nelly! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Not on your Nelly! :D

Good lad! Might sound crazy but i rather keep Rambo for the next 5 years than get the tail end of any world class players career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

That Balotelli fella is brain dead dont want him anywhere near our club.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Rocket_Man

Watching Suarez and Balotelli; for all their talent, I would have serious reservations about any attempt to bring them into the club.
    One of the best thing we have going for us right now, is the decent bunch of guys we have playing for us and how happy and cohesive they look, both on and off the pitch (aside perhaps from the alleged Mertesacker/Sanogo incident!)
    I think we should be very careful about bringing in any player who could be a disruptive influence and put this in danger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Liam Brady on Balotelli joining Arsenal " I better leave so" :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jack not having a bad game for England.

Mickeroo wrote: »

He's actually having a very good game and shows what a mistake the England manager made by chosing Henderson over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Rocket_Man wrote: »
    Watching Suarez and Balotelli; for all their talent, I would have serious reservations about any attempt to bring them into the club.
    One of the best thing we have going for us right now, is the decent bunch of guys we have playing for us and how happy and cohesive they look, both on and off the pitch (aside perhaps from the alleged Mertesacker/Sanogo incident!)
    I think we should be very careful about bringing in any player who could be a disruptive influence and put this in danger.

Nice guys? Seriously I want trophies and lots of them not friends.

Would take either or both in a heartbeat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Despite this continues to be the player everyone loves to hate, some just can't bring themselves to praise him.

AdamD wrote: »
    Despite this continues to be the player everyone loves to hate, some just can't bring themselves to praise him.

Did you read some of the excuses in the match thread. Even one of Gerrard doing more then Wilshire in the last two games :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

After that incident, i'm so glad we didn't sign Suarez last summer.

Ronan14 wrote: »
    After that incident, i'm so glad we didn't sign Suarez last summer.

Very true. Utter disgraceful carry on and after the reprimand he received on two previous occasions too. A toerag

Soups123 wrote: »

We might get neither if they are doing stupid things and getting suspended.

Very true. Utter disgraceful carry on and after the reprimand he received on two previous occasions too. A toerag

But an awesome player, who can score you 35 a season and win a game out of nowhere. As John Giles said " The Great players have a little bit of crazy in them" and Suarez has more then anyone else but I would take him in heartbeat cause he's that good.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »

If he took a leaf out of Ramseys book and actually stopped flapping his mouth on the pitch and focused on improving he might get his fan club back. Brilliant player when he gets the bit between the teeth but really needs to knuckle down a bit.

Looper007 wrote: »
    But an awesome player, who can score you 35 a season and win a game out of nowhere. As John Giles said " The Great players have a little bit of crazy in them" and Suarez has more then anyone else but I would take him in heartbeat cause he's that good.

Im not disputing he is an awesome player but he is a disgusting excuse for a human being.

His third biting incident in total. He is like a heat seeking missile when it comes to trouble and his club will suffer as refs could arguably up the ante with him further now and single him out for special treatment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If Suarez was a dog he would have been put down a long time ago.
    Disgusting behaviour to bite a fellow human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Rocket_Man

Suarez just made the case for only signing players with some moral code better than I ever could.
    Imagine the scenario, spend 50m on a player only for him to go out and get himself a lifetime ban in the first game.
    That's what you're facing with Suarez and Balotelli potentially is not any better....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

I don't think anyone is doubting his ability or for one minute. But he can be a major liability for a team with this type of cary on. Ide rather play it safe and get a 20 goal a year player that I know can play game in game out without suspension. Then a hungry 30 goal a year player.

• Advertisement

Im not disputing he is an awesome player but he is a disgusting excuse for a human being.

His third biting incident in total. He is like a heat seeking missile when it comes to trouble and his club will suffer as refs could arguably up the ante with him further now and single him out for special treatment.

He's got problems and Liverpool need to get him help, silly stuff how can he do it for the third time.

But to say we shouldn't take him to Arsenal if we had a chance is a bit silly. I take him every day of week. He's a game winner and he's the best striker in the world.

He's got problems and Liverpool need to get him help, silly stuff how can he do it for the third time.

But to say we shouldn't take him to Arsenal if we had a chance is a bit silly. I take him every day of week. He's a game winner and he's the best striker in the world.

Look at this way. Do you have any kids that follow football? Would you like them to be influenced by his antics?

You just cant cant have that carry on at a club. The sport descends into farce if that shíte is accepted. Im sure there will be other capable match winners that will come along down the line who dont take a chunk out of opponents. Id sleep the grandest if we could avoid his ilk. There is a line on what type of player you can bring to the club

Ronan14 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is doubting his ability or for one minute. But he can be a major liability for a team with this type of cary on. Ide rather play it safe and get a 20 goal a year player that I know can play game in game out without suspension. Then a hungry 30 goal a year player.

They dont come hungrier then Hannibal Suarez ill say that :D Another 4-4-toons sketch in the pipeline after today id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Rocket_Man wrote: »

It's not just personality issues we should be wary of, we need to mindful not to disrupt the playing style too much in an attempt to accomodate a new star. As impotent as we were at times last season, we've a very settled playing style and were undone by injuries, it could be very costly to undo the development of the likes of Ramsey, Wilshere, Chamberlain, Walcott in recent seasons just to accomodate an expensive new face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Wouldnt mind seeing the Ivory Coast go out tonight. If we are really in for Aurier and they crash out tonight the deal should be wrapped up early next week at latest.

Look at this way. Do you have any kids that follow football? Would you like them to be influenced by his antics?

You just cant cant have that carry on at a club. The sport descends into farce if that shíte is accepted. Im sure there will be other capable match winners that will come along down the line who dont take a chunk out of opponents. Id sleep the grandest if we could avoid his ilk. There is a line on what type of player you can bring to the club

Of course not, but it's our Job to make sure they don't do it any one with common sense can see it's bad. Suarez is clearly troubled. I don't agree with what he did at all.

But He can bring 35 goals a season , that's what football is all about. But listen he's Liverpool's problem and reading their thread they wouldn't throw him away even if he bites everyone on the field. He's a world class player and many teams don't have that,. It's a results business at the end of the day.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Wouldnt mind seeing the Ivory Coast go out tonight. If we are really in for Aurier and they crash out tonight the deal should be wrapped up early next week at latest.

Gervinho will do his best for us no doubt :pac: He just got himself into a right tazzle there a minute ago and lost the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Id love Cuadrado, id say a lot of clubs will be going for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Id love Cuadrado, id say a lot of clubs will be going for him.

Read somewhere today that Wenger is at the Colombian match watching him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Delighted we didn't get a certain player now......seems like he is facing a few games in the stands again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Very little chance of getting Cuadrado.
    I heard he's Barcelona/Bayern bound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Soups123 wrote: »

Neither Balotelli or Suarez won anything last year. We're better off without either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Aurier looking more and more solid. At a quarter of Shaw's price its a bit of a no-brainer isn't it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Ivory Coast out. If we are in for Aurier, there isnt any reason why this cant be finished within the next week or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

greendom wrote: »
    Aurier looking more and more solid. At a quarter of Shaw's price its a bit of a no-brainer isn't it ?

SSShhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhush!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

It's yet to be determined if he can actually defend... I'd rather Coleman tbh. Takes less risk going forward but his delivery is so much better so he ends up with the same amount of assists.

I don't by into the kids argument they watch Wrestling, a Rugby, The GAA & UFC all kinds of **** exist in the world, it's not nice what he has done but kids will see a lot worse.

Being honest I would love to have a player of his ilk at Arsenal ability wise but I wouldn't have issue if he was available and we chose not to because of his bad side.

is Shaw really worth that money and is he even that great?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

It's yet to be determined if he can actually defend... I'd rather Coleman tbh. Takes less risk going forward but his delivery is so much better so he ends up with the same amount of assists.

He'd also cost about 15M more than Aurier.

• Advertisement

is Shaw really worth that money and is he even that great?

I think he is going to be one of the biggest flops ever if he goes for the 30m spouted, he still has so much development

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Samaras -Sign him up :o

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't think there's a full back on the planet worth 30m much less Luke Shaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I don't think there's a full back on the planet worth 30m much less Luke Shaw.

Phil Lahm if he was a bit younger.

Phil Lahm if he was a bit younger.

Touché

Touché

Bit old now though, so you're still right. Others would be Javier Zanetti and Maldini, but they're both gone now.

Luke Shaw though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Bit old now though, so you're still right. Others would be Javier Zanetti and Maldini, but they're both gone now.

Luke Shaw though?

Lizarazu was another great left back.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gus99

Saw him for the first time tonight - looks suspect positionally, wandering infield a lot leaving a lot of space down his flank. Would that be fair comment, anyone who has seen him regularly?

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Lizarazu was another great left back.

Great player. Obviously none of these would command 30m back then, but now...probably more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Gus99 wrote: »
    Saw him for the first time tonight - looks suspect positionally, wandering infield a lot leaving a lot of space down his flank. Would that be fair comment, anyone who has seen him regularly?

Yes possibly, he's still only 21 though - I would imagine some degree of defensive discipline could be instilled into him. The pace he has would be such an asset both going forward and back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The day David Luiz was sold for £50m was the day I finally stopped paying any attention to how much players cost. The football world is now like a parallel universe where common sense and the laws of economics don't apply. I don't care how much we pay for players any more as long as they are successful and help us win.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement